• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

confirm salts chem34

Reaction score
azfar kashif said:
In the last part, I wrote SYSTEMATIC error! And i have a confusion! Were we supposed to take the errors as 1.0/12*100 and 0.1/5.6*100 or we should have halved the least graduation????

no u r ryt we had to do it by this method w/o halving

Reaction score
common cation was NH4 ..mine did turn brown ..therefore its Fe 2+ no doubt..truly

Reaction score
the second cation is Fe2+ rightt?? i wrote Cr3+but then i changed it in the last minute. >.<

did fb9 showed any reaction with K2Cr2O7?? some of my friends' did change to green but mostly it had no reaction.

i think i messed up the calculation part. i didn't have any idea how to calculate it. but at least i didn't leave it blank
just do watever i can

Reaction score
Garret said:
hey thr was another trick question .. when theyd asked for error in single thermometer reading it was 0.5 *C ... but then they asked percentage error for the CHANGE in temperature of -12*C ..
as change is found by a - b sth ... the error would be 0.5 + 0.5 = 1 . i solved it this way .. got 8.3 % error .

maybe i just overthought it all .. howd u guys do it ?

i did the same way too>.<
for the single balance reading, is it 0.05??

Reaction score
I got enthalpy change 25.56... gradient 2.36 !!!
And i think u had to define the error.. IT was parallex error.. because in parallex error u take both the readings different so the net difference actually gets u the correct reading !!!

Reaction score
Guyz we dint had to se OUR uncertainties.... It was given in the question that the least measrement was 0.1 for mass and 1 for temperatre !!

Reaction score
Uncertainaties are usually the half of the least value. yep the common ion was NH4+, Fe2+ was the other cation. with sulfate being present in FA 7. The gradient was 2.3 and the final answer was 24.9 kJ/mol. FA 9 was ketone and FA 10 and 11 were alcohols.

I wrote systematic error. Dont know if thats wrong. what were the suggestions that u guys made to improve the exp in ques 1?

Reaction score
yeah el nino
i gt da same values az urs!!!!

n im abit confusd abt da error ques too!!!
bt i wrote dat da initial temp of both stdnts r diffrnt although both r duing da prac at da same time so da temp shud b same!!!!
argh!!!
cudnt fink of nefing else!!! :( :(

Reaction score
The error was systematic error. There was a problem with both the thermometers that 'cause all the readings to deviate by a certain amount. That's why they had the same answers but different reading.s

Reaction score
well they were using the same thermometers i think !!! The readings had a differnce of -1 in both initial and final... this could only happen if the person takes the reading wrongly.. Systematic error is a bigger classigfication.. Parallex error also comes under systematic erro !

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:
well they were using the same thermometers i think !!! The readings had a differnce of -1 in both initial and final... this could only happen if the person takes the reading wrongly.. Systematic error is a bigger classigfication.. Parallex error also comes under systematic erro !

No, parallax error is human error. Systematic error is error with the instruments. It didn't say anywhere that they were using the same thermometer.

Reaction score
Um well .. Correction : Parallex error IS a systematic error !! Anyways it was a one mark question.. if u wrote systematic , u could mean a lot of things.. paralex condensed it.. but still.. CHeers ! :mrgreen:

Reaction score
and there was no problem IN the termometers.. there was a problem in taking the reading. !! room temperature cant be diff for 2 ppl :O

Reaction score
Y is parallax error a systematic error? It's not caused by faulty instruments! I wrote random error... under which I think, parallel error comes, because it depends on the care of the experimenter.

Reaction score
Well the difference between systematic and random is that random means scattered.. some values ae below and some are above.. file in systeamtic they folow a continuous patternm like in zero error !!