• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Confused... A more than little

Reaction score
Hey people i am in the senior year of o levels will pass it In sha Allah this June 14... Now I dont know whether to go for medical or engineering. Dont mention commerce coz I hate it. Nd I was planning on doing A levels with bio, chem, math, phy so without leaving Pakistan specifically Karachi what options do I have? I need to know the best of them.

P.S: I can study everything in medical and engineering. A help will do the thing. I need suggestions to work it.

Reaction score
Oh come on if you can do anything then whats the hold up?
Do what you like, not everybody has this ability you know

Reaction score
tell me what is better if this was the offer extended to you how would you want to take it? A levels or intermediate? Medical or Engineering?
Enginnering with a or inter? Or Medcial with a or inter???
Please do reply

Reaction score
Hey people i am in the senior year of o levels will pass it In sha Allah this June 14... Now I dont know whether to go for medical or engineering. Dont mention commerce coz I hate it. Nd I was planning on doing A levels with bio, chem, math, phy so without leaving Pakistan specifically Karachi what options do I have? I need to know the best of them.

P.S: I can study everything in medical and engineering. A help will do the thing. I need suggestions to work it.

If u are in Pakistan then opt for Inter and especially if u are doing medical.. For medical, most of the student prefer AKU, DMC and KMDC universities in Karachi and competiotion for A levels student is extraordinarily tough as well as grade threshold.. U need to get almost straight A star plus study Matric board as well for entrance test... :whistle:

Reaction score
I am in O levels... And what if i want to go for engineering... Does that need an Inter background?
If u are in Pakistan then opt for Inter and especially if u are doing medical.. For medical, most of the student prefer AKU, DMC and KMDC universities in Karachi and competiotion for A levels student is extraordinarily tough as well as grade threshold.. U need to get almost straight A star plus study Matric board as well for entrance test... :whistle:

Reaction score
I am in O levels... And what if i want to go for engineering... Does that need an Inter background?
Living in Karachi cool :cool:... Yes it need inter background.. Plus if u are applying for i.e. NED than only 10 seats are available out of 100 for Alevels.. Plus Inter nd Fsc ka course hr jagh parhna hoga... Magr unlike Medical there are many universities for engineering :).. So beta make your decision wisely..:p

Reaction score

Hi,
I'd advice you to go for A levels and opt for 4 subjects like you planned to do so. By doing this, you'd have another 2 years to make a decision without restraining yourself of options. That's the greatest advantage of A levels that inter/Fsc won't give you. I've seen many of my friends in A2 regretting their decision for option for a current course and now they can't even switch back. Also, if you do good in A levels, you can get admission into universities like AKU and they even have loans or complusions for deserving students. Also, your qualification would be internationally recognized. It's not like inter/Fsc isn't, but the value of A levels abroad is way more than inter or FSc.

Reaction score
Hi,
I'd advice you to go for A levels and opt for 4 subjects like you planned to do so. By doing this, you'd have another 2 years to make a decision without restraining yourself of options. That's the greatest advantage of A levels that inter/Fsc won't give you. I've seen many of my friends in A2 regretting their decision for option for a current course and now they can't even switch back. Also, if you do good in A levels, you can get admission into universities like AKU and they even have loans or complusions for deserving students. Also, your qualification would be internationally recognized. It's not like inter/Fsc isn't, but the value of A levels abroad is way more than inter or FSc.

I know A levels is valued abroad but the point is I cant leave my place no matter what the circumstances are. And yes I wanted to go for A levels but what if I dont get admission on merit coz that is my aim. Anyone can go for self that is not what I want. And I wont have years to make decision as if I go for A levels I know I have less chance to get a seat on merit.

Living in Karachi cool :cool:... Yes it need inter background.. Plus if u are applying for i.e. NED than only 10 seats are available out of 100 for Alevels.. Plus Inter nd Fsc ka course hr jagh parhna hoga... Magr unlike Medical there are many universities for engineering :).. So beta make your decision wisely..:p

I know there are many unis of engineering but they wont be NED and they dont have that reputaion neither are they on merit basis. For me merit is my priority, not getting into any uni.

Reaction score
I know there are many unis of engineering but they wont be NED and they dont have that reputaion neither are they on merit basis. For me merit is my priority, not getting into any uni.

Liked your priorities (y) .... Ok this will help u a bit... Do A levels only if u get 80%-100% scholarship else choose inter.. This will be determined by your grades so good luck... A levels is expensive, no future in Pakistan, difficult obviously and for girls engineering is 'extra' difficult.. NED is the best choice if in Karachi but U can also try for NUST like I will do.. Inshallah :)

Reaction score
Liked your priorities (y) .... Ok this will help u a bit... Do A levels only if u get 80%-100% scholarship else choose inter.. This will be determined by your grades so good luck... A levels is expensive, no future in Pakistan, difficult obviously and for girls engineering is 'extra' difficult.. NED is the best choice if in Karachi but U can also try for NUST like I will do.. Inshallah :)

I dont categorise myself in those girls who claim that engineering is extra difficult... Nd I would love to enter in NUST but only two departments are in Karachi in which I am not interested. I like chemical, petroleum, metallurgy, CIS, software engineering.. As for medical I will go for M.B.B.S or BDS. Nowhere else

Reaction score
I dont categorise myself in those girls who claim that engineering is extra difficult... Nd I would love to enter in NUST but only two departments are in Karachi in which I am not interested. I like chemical, petroleum, metallurgy, CIS, software engineering.. As for medical I will go for M.B.B.S or BDS. Nowhere else
Statistics about girls can go wrong :p .... Tell u what, for software engineering apply fo FAST... U have to make sacrifices but apply for NUST Islamabad... These are the universities most recognised but the competition will be tough..

Reaction score
I know A levels is valued abroad but the point is I cant leave my place no matter what the circumstances are. And yes I wanted to go for A levels but what if I dont get admission on merit coz that is my aim. Anyone can go for self that is not what I want. And I wont have years to make decision as if I go for A levels I know I have less chance to get a seat on merit.
I would disagree to that. In case if AKU or NUST is concerned, they have their own entry test which you have to clear regardless of the fact that you are from Inter/FSc or A levels. If you can't maintain a high percentage in Intermediate/FSc, your chances of getting into a good and reputable institution would still be very low.
Also, there are many universities that would take you in on merit basis. And as far as NED or DOW are concerned, people with A level backgroud do get in there as well so it's not practically impossible.
Anyways, final decision is yours to take. If you can make choice between engineering or medicine, then I'd suggest you go for Inter/FSc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Statistics about girls can go wrong :p .... Tell u what, for software engineering apply fo FAST... U have to make sacrifices but apply for NUST Islamabad... These are the universities most recognised but the competition will be tough..

I know that... But not NUST but can go for fast...

I would disagree to that. In case if AKU or NUST is concerned, they have their own entry test which you have to clear regardless of the fact that you are from Inter/FSc or A levels. If you can't maintain a high percentage in Intermediate/FSc, your chances of getting into a good and reputable institution would still be very low.
Also, there are many universities that would take you in on merit basis. And as far as NED or DOW are concerned, people with A level backgroud do get in there as well so it's not practically impossible.
Anyways, final decision is yours to take. If you can make choice between engineering or medicine, then I'd suggest you go for Inter/FSc.

Thank you for enlightening me....:)