• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CRICKET anyone?

Reaction score
Amy-rd-Pak need batsmen like Misbah, A Ali, Y Khan otherwise this Pakistani batting will not even last 30 overs in a one day match. Yes we see dashers like U Akmal, Afridi - how much dashing do they do? Yes if Pakistan had 6/7 Pontings then fair enough. I have hardly ever watched a match where Pak have lost because of their run rate. Tell me to be 80 off 20 overs, 130 off 30 overs, 190 off 40 overs how much dashing do you need to do? Getting to around 190/200 off 40 overs with wickets in hand is that a poor score? Then with wickets in hand Pak can do the dashing. The problem with Pak is that it's the dashing that loses them games. They need to learn to occupy the crease, rotating the strike - look at the way the Aussies bat when they need to build a partnership. They need to learn to play low risk shots, not give their wickets away, not try and hit every ball for a boundary - the runs will come. How many times have the dashers lost their wickets and games from winning positions?

Reaction score
It's seems to be season of whitewash....first england whitewashed india in test and one-day, then india did same in ODI's with england... India again on receiving end from Australia while England got drubbing in Tests from Pakistan and now same England team whitewashed Pakistan in ODI. I can't find any logic of England suddenly looking superior than Pakistan Team. Rightly said...Cricket is very funny and unpredictable.

Reaction score
I am absolutely very downhearted with the Pakistan's recent one day series against England.I think the selector of Pakistan cricket board has got some mental problem.How they think to play one day as like as test series with bunches of spin bowlers and a fast bowler,specially in 4th ODI.After testing the ability of all most every players Hammad Azam should have tested in the last ODI.But they didn't do so.Why didn't they choose Afridi as a opening batsman?.We have been seeing over the last 3-4 years Afridi was not doing better in lower-middle order rather than opening.As he is not doing good in the later stage of match should unleash him to open the match in anywhere against any team as before.If he will click or not because he is all rounder.As a consequent the opposition bowlers fill some trouble with Afridi.Never back Imran Farhat,instead him Imran Nazeer or Nasir Jamshed and Ahmed Shejad Should be int he Pakistan team both in t20 and ODI.Razzak should be played all the time.

Reaction score
haha this is called come back! dat to in gr8 fashion. pretty mediocre performance by Pak. where r u all guys celebrating the test series white wash.. green wash including me? :p all hiding now. :D Pak team unpredictably nd problems continue from the world cup semi finals. need a good batting coach nd some more fast bowlers who can provide us with early wickets.....

Reaction score
I am absolutely very downhearted with the Pakistan's recent one day series against England.I think the selector of Pakistan cricket board has got some mental problem.How they think to play one day as like as test series with bunches of spin bowlers and a fast bowler,specially in 4th ODI.After testing the ability of all most every players Hammad Azam should have tested in the last ODI.But they didn't do so.Why didn't they choose Afridi as a opening batsman?.We have been seeing over the last 3-4 years Afridi was not doing better in lower-middle order rather than opening.As he is not doing good in the later stage of match should unleash him to open the match in anywhere against any team as before.If he will click or not because he is all rounder.As a consequent the opposition bowlers fill some trouble with Afridi.Never back Imran Farhat,instead him Imran Nazeer or Nasir Jamshed and Ahmed Shejad Should be int he Pakistan team both in t20 and ODI.Razzak should be played all the time.
Amy-rd-Pak need batsmen like Misbah, A Ali, Y Khan otherwise this Pakistani batting will not even last 30 overs in a one day match. Yes we see dashers like U Akmal, Afridi - how much dashing do they do? Yes if Pakistan had 6/7 Pontings then fair enough. I have hardly ever watched a match where Pak have lost because of their run rate. Tell me to be 80 off 20 overs, 130 off 30 overs, 190 off 40 overs how much dashing do you need to do? Getting to around 190/200 off 40 overs with wickets in hand is that a poor score? Then with wickets in hand Pak can do the dashing. The problem with Pak is that it's the dashing that loses them games. They need to learn to occupy the crease, rotating the strike - look at the way the Aussies bat when they need to build a partnership. They need to learn to play low risk shots, not give their wickets away, not try and hit every ball for a boundary - the runs will come. How many times have the dashers lost their wickets and games from winning positions?
I agree with U

Reaction score
Pakistan wins. Lots of smiles in the Pakistani camp. Junaid Khan bowls the last over very superbly. Great work done by Umar Gul, Hafeez, Boom Boom Afridi, Sania Mirza's husband and all Pakistani players.

Reaction score
Pakistan wins. Lots of smiles in the Pakistani camp. Junaid Khan bowls the last over very superbly. Great work done by Umar Gul, Hafeez, Boom Boom Afridi, Sania Mirza's husband and all Pakistani players.
AGREED!!! :D

Reaction score
ENG is a very accomplished team and they learn pretty fast. Hopefully, they will do better in forthcoming T20. Mr. Swann, you are a great cricketer, but please don't make "bouncing back"statements. Take the cue from IND as they are bouncing back for last 10 months. For now PAK deserves congratulations. Just digressing, my favorite teams reamain WI and AUS.

Reaction score
They say that the team that learns from its mistakes is the one that is the true champion. Sadly, the English team emerged as champions during the 1st two matches of the one day series against a Pakistani side that has disappointed the nation as well as themselves. Be it the decision of playing Umar Akmal down the order and as a wicket-keeper, sending Shahid Afridi at a time when all battle was lost, introducing Saeed Ajmal when the English batsmen had settled, playing a side that looked strong on paper instead of on the field and not giving their 100 percent, Misbah ul Haq and his men disheartened the entire community following them.

So what should Pakistan do to level the series against England? First of all, win the toss and bat first in natural light. Secondly, they should act smart and play with the minds of their opponents by shuffling the batting order, even if that means dropping Younis Khan for Asad Shafiq. Younis Khan may have a good record but like Mohammad Hafeez, he needs a jump start so that he can perform. Mohammad Hafeez seems shaky at the top, so he can be adjusted at number 3 or 4, and Asad Shafiq can open with Imran Farhat who is batting slow to keep his place in the squad.

The team should go for a regular wicket keeper in Adnan Akmal, one who takes catches instead of providing lifeline to the opponents. Umar Akmal should play as a batsman only and bat higher in the order. Same can be said for Shahid Afridi, because the two score quick runs, something the team needs. Abdur Rehman should come in at number 11 because the way he batted in the last match was one of the major reasons why we lost. He my have bowled well but the plot was lost because of his crazy innings of 1 run off 12 balls!

As for the bowlers, Umar Gul and Aizaz Cheema need to practice their yorkers because they hardly bowl the delivery, making batsmen play them with ease. Wahab Riaz should have been a better choice but it seems he is not ready to make a return to the international arena. Junaid Khan can be given a chance if the captain wants to win the series, but to accommodate him, he would either have to drop a batsman who isn’t scoring or a bowler who needs to understand his importance in the side. Inept all-rounder Shoaib Malik should ‘still’ stay out of the side because if he makes a return, the team will lose its fighting spirit, and surrender.

The green shirts played like lions in the Test series against England but failed to transfer their form in limited overs, and are on the verge of losing their first series in seven attempts as well as their 5th position to England in the ICC ranking. They should play with their heart out otherwise the heart of its followers will forget their recent success and criticize them for returning to its old ways!

Reaction score
Misbah has been exposed again...why doesn't he come one down and take responsibility at a crucial time. Look at what he has done to Hammad Azam. He was as good as not playing the game but his luck gave him a chance to display his talent, Alhamdolillah! Wonder what he has to say to the press now?

Reaction score
its never a one man show. everyone had to take responsibility but they just threw their wickets by not playing according to what situation was demanding. Awais Zia should learn the art of takin singles..nd it was lovely to see Hammad Azam playing freely without any game pressure. Nice replacment of Razzak!

Reaction score
LoL.. It's a joke to even say 36 with 4 "BATSMEN" out.. to call these guys batsmen i think is an insult to the likes of Zaheer Abbas, Miandad, Saeed Anwar, Inzi etc ppl.. Our real batsmen start at number 6.. Misbah at best i think plays like Gilespie :D, no pun intended towards Gilespie coz he actually has a double hundred in tests against a top side.. What we really need is to inject more fresh blood.. Kick out Misbah, Umer Akmal and maybe even Shafiq.. Get in technically sound batsmen who know that if a ball cuts or swings u r supposed to cope with it, that is supposed to b the difference between a batsman and a bowler.. I have been a big supporter for Umer Akmal and even Malik, but enough is enough.. their fool hardy shouldnt cost newcomers their chances, competition for each and every spot is a vital key to batting success which for some reason either isn't there or isn't allowed to be there..

Reaction score
Regarding Zia, look he is young and fresh at this level. Also keep in Mind at present Eng have one of the best Bowling backed up by Razor Sharp fielding. This will be tough on any youngster making debute against a quality side like England. There will be nerves. Also don't forget that Eng are ranked no.1 in this format for quite some time now. They are also the current World Cup holders. They are a settled side, with some big names. Pakistan not even close to being settled. I think if Misbah gets his selection right, Pakistan can give a better fight. Still i would say Pak have not done too bad, though they could have done better. I think Misbah should persist with Zia, H.Azam etc as they can form the nucles of the future. And a littile shuffeling of the batting order is required.

Reaction score
Bairstock didn't have nerves like him. they both started their 1st T20 in this series in the same fashion but they r groomed in different domestic cricket setups. therefore he is a complete batsmen as he manages his innings well and awais zia cud only whack the ball today, was unable to manoeuvre it for ones or twos. dats the difference i guess. yeah eng were number 1 and lost test series by 3-0. they bounced back hard and played with solid planning and professionalism. pak cud do dat too if players like umer akmal etc can learn from dre mistakes. coaches need to work with them i guess. nd yes misbah shud play hammad nd awais, very good for t20. not just shuffling the batting order evry1 needs to stay on the crease and play according to what situation demands not just throwing ur wickets or trying extravagant shots at the wrong time.

Reaction score
LoL.. It's a joke to even say 36 with 4 "BATSMEN" out.. to call these guys batsmen i think is an insult to the likes of Zaheer Abbas, Miandad, Saeed Anwar, Inzi etc ppl.. Our real batsmen start at number 6.. Misbah at best i think plays like Gilespie :D, no pun intended towards Gilespie coz he actually has a double hundred in tests against a top side.. What we really need is to inject more fresh blood.. Kick out Misbah, Umer Akmal and maybe even Shafiq.. Get in technically sound batsmen who know that if a ball cuts or swings u r supposed to cope with it, that is supposed to b the difference between a batsman and a bowler.. I have been a big supporter for Umer Akmal and even Malik, but enough is enough.. their fool hardy shouldnt cost newcomers their chances, competition for each and every spot is a vital key to batting success which for some reason either isn't there or isn't allowed to be there..
i respect those legends but they never played T20 :p misbah plays like Gilespie :/ (weird) how did u relate dat only u know it. we dnt need more fresh blood in batting i think. we have sheer talent this talent needs to be used smartly and work shud be done on them to take max output. they shud learn the art of managing their batting......Asad Shafiuq and Azhar Ali r technically sound batsmen. Malik is FARIG!

Reaction score
Throw Malik out and tell Umar Akmal that he is not Afridi and then talk about getting Misbah out.

Reaction score
DAmmn!!! What the hell went wrong:mad:....They could have chased up the total easily...Shame on Pakistani Team :(

Reaction score
what the heck? :mad:
as usual Misbah lost us the game. Hammad shud have been promoted up the order...why did misbah wanted to take the game into the last over!! Dernbach and Broad bowled BRILLIANTLY! :mad: