• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Discussion - October/November Exam Session

Reaction score
Have you taken statistics or mechanics? And also I guess it'll be more convenient to use discord or instagram, dunno, you up for it?

Reaction score
The one where you had a curve and a line with k in it and you had to solve for x when k is 15

Reaction score
Plus the one you asked to prove the 20sin^2x = 9cos was pretty straight forward really

Reaction score
Plus the one you asked to prove the 20sin^2x = 9cos was pretty straight forward really
I seriously didn't get what they were asking for. I did something and ended up with something like 90 - tan(cos^(-1)(sin(theta))) like holy shit and just gave up xP

Reaction score
First question nCr I got r = 3. I can't remember anything after that
Area under the curve last question, like I said before I got 1. 9 - 8 => 1 or 1.5 - 0.5 => 1

Reaction score
Ah yes, that question where you had two triangles and had to prove bla sin theta = cos square theta something
I actually didn't get the question at all, I found out the sin theta part but I didn't know what to do next.
You had 20sinx is equal to 9tan(90-x)
you use the tan relationship and realise that that 9tan(90-x) is equal to 9/(tanx)
Hence 20sinX = 9cos/sin then 20sin^2 = 9 cos

Reaction score
Hey
First question nCr I got r = 3. I can't remember anything after that
Area under the curve last question, like I said before I got 1. 9 - 8 => 1 or 1.5 - 0.5 => 1
listen do you lose a mark if you do not put a +C in the integral even though you don't need to find a constant like the last question?

Reaction score
Hey

listen do you lose a mark if you do not put a +C in the integral even though you don't need to find a constant like the last question?
You don't need a +C for integrals like that. Only when you're integrating say dy/dx, then you put a +C, sub the x and y coordinates and find C.