• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Discussion of English Paper 2; 24 hours have passed

Reaction score
btw guys, was there any evidence showing that the writer was a girl in the passage??

Reaction score
and usually for "the pitifully small" answer:
A. look for feeling (The writer felt sad/pity/unhappy/ to see)
B. look for the reason (that the baby do not need a lot requirement/had little requirement/for the operation)

Reaction score
well....since its out of 25.....i would reckon u will get 18....

Q2b...wrong...it was she was more worried abot the opeartion...
Q(2)C.....seems to be ok...(death) or fatal possible answerx....
Q4.....wrong! u must have ritten of it being an offiial nd confidencial docummnt nd nurse risked up her job.....blah blah...
Q5(a) ok...another ans could be that nurses were tentative abot the way the writer had to be treated this tyme....
(b) yup....u should have ritten of hospital being authority nd support that nurses had.....

Thanks Moiz.
Anyways I hope for good since my composition and passage1 went extra ordinary well ...Lets just pray for good grades. And U mean "Life" is worth 1 mark as a synonym for fatality?
And what about the word meanings. Are they all correct?

Reaction score
btw guys, was there any evidence showing that the writer was a girl in the passage??
No I don't remember anywhere reading the writer calling herself a female, but I got that impression too, of her being the mother (female) I don't know how

Reaction score
No sorry, read previous marking schemes bad has always been in the Award 0 column. and it doesn't fit the context either.
tedious = tough
hardened= harshly deepen
preoccupied = overcome by thought
summoning=gain
appointed=assigned

how many of these are correct people ??

Reaction score
tedious = tough
hardened= harshly deepen
preoccupied = overcome by thought
summoning=gain
appointed=assigned

how many of these are correct people ??
i think you'll get min 3/5 your tedious is wrong (it should be tiresome/irritating/annoying/boring/irksome). i think your 'hardened' is correct but I would suggest (became more strict/serious). Your 'summoning' is a bit unclear (call upon/gather should be clearer). :)

Reaction score
y
i think you'll get min 3/5 your tedious is wrong (it should be tiresome/irritating/annoying/boring/irksome). i think your 'hardened' is correct but I would suggest (became more strict/serious). Your 'summoning' is a bit unclear (call upon/gather should be clearer). :)
yea thank u :) !! my teacher also said max . 4 !! buh still its great :) !! cuz my comprehension was awesome :D

Reaction score
beeloooo, there is a possibility that your summoning might be wrong, because of the tense. the tense on the other side is present continous while what you wrote is present. If you wrote Gaining for Summoning it could have been a mark.

because in the context the sentence was Summoning All the courage. Gaining might have been acceptable.