• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

DONE WITH PHYSICS PAPER 11

Reaction score
lizzie.. question asked for acceleration,, but ur ans was deceleration.. its aint the same..

Deceleration is negative acceleration.

It couldn't have been any of the others, either.
A stationary train is not moving, so that can't be accelerating.
The escalator was going up at a 'constant rate', which can't be acceleration.
The skydiver was also falling at a constant speed. Once you reach terminal velocity wind resistance = gravitational pull so you no longer accelerate.

I've checked with my physics teacher, trust me on this. I put the wrong answer, I wish it was C too.

Reaction score
i worte C too.. but many ppl r saying it was A..
the ans A makes no sense.!!! A is deceleration. not the same as aceleration in any way. infact its the opposite
Take a look here .

When the velocity of an object changes it is said to be accelerating. Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity with time.

In everyday English, the word acceleration is often used to describe a state of increasing speed. For many Americans, their only experience with acceleration comes from car ads. When a commercial shouts "zero to sixty in six point seven seconds" what they're saying here is that this particular car takes 6.7 s to reach a speed of 60 mph starting from a complete stop. This example illustrates acceleration as it is commonly understood, but acceleration in physics is much more than just increasing speed.

Any change in the velocity of an object results in an acceleration: increasing speed (what people usually mean when they say acceleration), decreasing speed (also called deceleration or retardation), or changing direction. Yes, that's right, a change in the direction of motion results in an acceleration even if the moving object neither sped up nor slowed down. That's because acceleration depends on the change in velocity and velocity is a vector quantity — one with both magnitude and direction. Thus, a falling apple accelerates, a car stopping at a traffic light accelerates, and an orbiting planet accelerates. Acceleration occurs anytime an object's speed increases, decreases, or changes direction.

Reaction score
i worte C too.. but many ppl r saying it was A..
the ans A makes no sense.!!! A is deceleration. not the same as aceleration in any way. infact its the opposite
Exactly what I thought! besides C was at a uniform rate which doesn't necessarily imply uniform speed it could've been a constant acceleration