• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm appearing for A2 business studies and I really need some help as I'm a bit confused on how to answer questions under Analyse/discuss/evaluate
At the moment I'm doing this question 'analyse the opportunities and threats of a global recession for ASC [10]
1) DEFNITION OF GLOBAL RECESSION
2) POINT ON OPPORTUNITY AND ITS negative n positive IMPACT ON THE BUSINESS
3) SAME WIH THE THREATS
Can anybody tell me where I'm gong worng! It'll be highly appreciated :)

you are right, just one important note, all points should be relevant to case study, they must be applied to abc
best of luck for your exams!

Reaction score
salam
can someone explain me the following questions? All of them are of Economics AS Level paper 1
Nov 02 - q5, 10, 18
Jun 03 - q3, 4
Nov 03 - q8
Jun 04 - q4, 23
Nov 04 - q4
Jun 05 - q19
Nov 05 - q2, 18, 24, 30
Jun 06 - q15
Nov 06 - q4, 6, 11

Reaction score
I need help with Question 16 in the paper attached below. The answer is C) XZ Why is this? I always choose YZ because of the distance from equiloibrium where D=S at Y. I always get these sort of questions wrong why is this? http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_w09_qp_12.pdf
the answer is c because if u look at the diagram ,at price p1 government could buy from x to y but an increase in price (minimum price as the line is above the equilibrium) so at p2 the government can buy from xz
hope u understand

Reaction score
For Q7, you see first where the equilibrium was established before the implementation of the tax. Where D = S right? And that is at $16. Now see where the equilibrium is after the implementation of tax, where the new S = D, i.e. at $19. So, the tax implemented would be the difference in prices, that is, $3. Option C is correct! :)

Reaction score
Q8 calls for the definition of Unit Price Elasticity of demand. This means that an increase in price causes the quantity demanded to decrease by the same percentage. Like, if price increases by 1% then Qd decreases by 1%. Now, total revenue/expenditure on the product = Price X Quantity. Since the change in price cancels out the change in Quantity demanded, the expenditure remains constant. Hence the correct answer would be C. :)

Reaction score
the answer is c because if u look at the diagram ,at price p1 government could buy from x to y but an increase in price (minimum price as the line is above the equilibrium) so at p2 the government can buy from xz
hope u understand
omg thank you why didn't i see it like that

Reaction score
For Q7, you see first where the equilibrium was established before the implementation of the tax. Where D = S right? And that is at $16. Now see where the equilibrium is after the implementation of tax, where the new S = D, i.e. at $19. So, the tax implemented would be the difference in prices, that is, $3. Option C is correct! :)
Thank you!

Reaction score
Q8 calls for the definition of Unit Price Elasticity of demand. This means that an increase in price causes the quantity demanded to decrease by the same percentage. Like, if price increases by 1% then Qd decreases by 1%. Now, total revenue/expenditure on the product = Price X Quantity. Since the change in price cancels out the change in Quantity demanded, the expenditure remains constant. Hence the correct answer would be C. :)
thank you again :)

Reaction score
salam
can someone explain me the following questions? All of them are of Economics AS Level paper 1
Nov 02 - q5, 10, 18
Jun 03 - q3, 4
Nov 03 - q8
Jun 04 - q4, 23
Nov 04 - q4
Jun 05 - q19
Nov 05 - q2, 18, 24, 30
Jun 06 - q15
Nov 06 - q4, 6, 11

Reaction score
Any imortant topics for a levels economics paper 4 or bs paper 3?????????for day after tom????

Reaction score
Guys can someone help me with this, Alevel business studies, I just want to know where i can get information on the following subtopics from the book: Cambridge international As and Alevel second edition by peter stimpson and alaistar Farquharson, the first topic Enterprise, it says in the syllabus, that you you should study the following sub topics, and it says (what a business needs to succeed) and (business environement is dynamic) page 14 okey, im attaching the 2013 syllabus for business studies aswell, so you can see, if anyone has the same book as me, please let me know where i can find information on these headings in the first chapter of the book which is enterprise. Thanks!