• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys really getting confused here, i am making notes for chapter 10: human resource management, and i am studying privately without any guidance from teachers. Just a big business book and a pdf of the business syllabus. So i have noticed that some stuff that is mentioned in the book is not listed in the syllabus. What should i do? should i study everything written in the book or should i stay with the syllabus? because this book that im studying from is specially made just for As business. Guys please let me know. Will appreciate alot

Thanks!

Reaction score
Can someone tell me whether we need to study the (planning the workforce needs of the business - strategic workforce planning) in human resource management for AS business studies? It doesnt say anything in the syllabus.

Reaction score
Guys really getting confused here, i am making notes for chapter 10: human resource management, and i am studying privately without any guidance from teachers. Just a big business book and a pdf of the business syllabus. So i have noticed that some stuff that is mentioned in the book is not listed in the syllabus. What should i do? should i study everything written in the book or should i stay with the syllabus? because this book that im studying from is specially made just for As business. Guys please let me know. Will appreciate alot

Thanks!
i think its better u study every thing.... u never noe it may be der in ur exaam.. its surely gonna help u in xzams IA....n abt d syllabus portion ..just do it really well !.:)

Reaction score
Business question:
Chapter 10: human resource management

-Would like to know if i should study in depth about the 'traditional personnel departments' which are mentioned abit on the starting of the chapter, because the syllabus doesnt mention this.

- Would like to know where i can find some information on labour turnover in the chapter, because its mentioned in the syllabus.

- Last but not least i would also like to know if the methods of recruitment and selection are this: identifiying a job vacancy and drawing up a job description, making a person specification, and then advertising the job using internal or external methods?
-dont noe abt the 'traditional personnel department"....:(...(i dont think thats important)

-this chp does mention a bit ...just a para on labour turn over ...(.if u r using this book by peter simson n alastair...den plz check pg no 182.)

-ur recruitment n selectin steps r rit...just add "conducting interviews -or other selection method"...as d last step..

Reaction score
-dont noe abt the 'traditional personnel department"....:(...(i dont think thats important)

-this chp does mention a bit ...just a para on labour turn over ...(.if u r using this book by peter simson n alastair...den plz check pg no 182.)

-ur recruitment n selectin steps r rit...just add "conducting interviews -or other selection method"...as d last step..
Thankyou so much for the information, finally someone answers after so many days. Appreciate alot. Thanks !

Reaction score

Added conducting interviews and alternative methods of selection such as testing and the types of testing methods (apititude, intelligence, medical, physcometric etc)

Reaction score
Hi, if someone wants written notes for human resource management chapter, then im posting them here, just finished making it. If im missing anything let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

• Human Resource Management.docx
    24.4 KB · Views: 6