• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
so why
option B in q 12 means that the price mechanism (forces of demand and supply ) are used to determine the prices of goods and also the factors of production (i.e. rent, interest ect)
is it wrong according to the question?

Reaction score
Could you help me with que 12 - what opt B actually means??
Please!!
Oh and the paper is http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_s10_qp_12.pdf

D because suppose you hav TV at home and i have TV at home. if you watch TV does not mean i cannot . this means it is non-rival. However if i do not pay for TV services then i wont be able to watch TV. so only those who pay will be able to watch it. therefore it is excludable .

Reaction score
D because suppose you hav TV at home and i have TV at home. if you watch TV does not mean i cannot . this means it is non-rival. However if i do not pay for TV services then i wont be able to watch TV. so only those who pay will be able to watch it. therefore it is excludable .

i have another doubt from M/J 2007 que 12, PLEASE help me out with that as well!! :/

Reaction score
a maximum price is only effective if below the market price and a minimum price is only effective if above the market price so in q12- the max price is above the market price therefore the ana is D. it will not hav any effect..

Reaction score
a maximum price is only effective if below the market price and a minimum price is only effective if above the market price so in q12- the max price is above the market price therefore the ana is D. it will not hav any effect..
alright... (y) thank you so much!

Reaction score
if we are making purchases control accounts or sales control accounts and the question is as follows:
Sales ledger balances 1 july 2009 debit 20040 credit 56
purchases ledger balances 1 july 2009 debit 12 credit 14860
activities during half year to 31 december 2009:
payments to trade acc.payable 93685
cheques from credit customers 119930
purchases on credit 95580
sales on credit 124600
bad debts written off 204
disc.allowed 3480
disc.received 2850
R.inwards 1063
R.outwards 240
sales ledger creit balances at 31st dec 2009 37
Purchases ledger debit balances 31st december 2009 26

During the half year, debit balances in the sales ledger amounting to 438 were transfered to the purchases ledger

So the question is while we are making the control accounts, what should be the dates??
The dates should be 31 december..I think. You year ends on this date and control accounts are prepared at the year end so yeaah. 31st dec should be your date. Hope this helps. :)