• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hi guys i have some doubts in this paper
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_w08_qp_3.pdf
q2,3,13,17,19,20,22,23,24,25,27,28
ill really appreciate it if can atleast explain one question
m screwed in econ :(
question 2 -pareto efficiency means making some1 better off, while making something else worse off
question 3 - i ncrease in REAL income shifs the budget curve outwards
q 13 - am not so sure but i read da redspot answer ..... better ask dat seperately :D
q 17-increased spending increases AD while decrease in wage rates reduce costs hence fallin AS
q 19 - sale of security ppl will buy from their income hence MS falls and IR and security inverse relationship
q 20- mo credi shifs MS right ,less holdin money will mean less LP demand
q22,23,24,27 - easy ... read da notes :D
q 28 quota means limit ...so higher valued stuff means higher revenue

Reaction score
u have the redspot book for econ?
q-17 if u apply what u said the answer should be C, but ms says its A
do u have any notes for q-19 i need help in this area
what notes are you talking about?

Reaction score
q 17no dude increase in supply means shifting right so it is A :)

Reaction score
even i need to check notes ....google and notes appear :D datz hw i get notes :D

Reaction score
upload_2014-3-23_18-34-16-png.37524

how to get B ?

Reaction score
upload_2014-3-23_18-34-16-png.37524

how to get B ?
MPC of unemployed is higher, let say 0.7.
MPC of tax payers is lower than that of unemployed, let say 0.5

Government is increasing the expenditure on unemployment benefits by $10 million, this means that now, the unemployed individuals would have more money to consume. However, at the same time, taxation should rise by greater amount than $10 million if government wants to keep the A.E unchanged. Because suppose that first, the taxpayers were paying 0.2 of their income as taxes (MPT = o.2) Now, if the taxes are increased by greater proportion, the MPC of taxpayers would fall, means that they would now consume less. The fall in consumption of the tax payers should be equal to an increase in consumption by unemployed individuals. However, the MPC of both are different and therefore the taxes should be increased by MORE than $10 million if the A.E is to be kept constant.

Reaction score
MPC of unemployed is higher, let say 0.7.
MPC of tax payers is lower than that of unemployed, let say 0.5

Government is increasing the expenditure on unemployment benefits by $10 million, this means that now, the unemployed individuals would have more money to consume. However, at the same time, taxation should rise by greater amount than $10 million if government wants to keep the A.E unchanged. Because suppose that first, the taxpayers were paying 0.2 of their income as taxes (MPT = o.2) Now, if the taxes are increased by greater proportion, the MPC of taxpayers would fall, means that they would now consume less. The fall in consumption of the tax payers should be equal to an increase in consumption by unemployed individuals. However, the MPC of both are different and therefore the taxes should be increased by MORE than $10 million if the A.E is to be kept constant.
jazakallah :) got it :)