• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Could any1 help me with these Questions
The link is below:
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_s06_qp_1.pdf
Q. 27 Ans. is D
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_w06_qp_1.pdf
Q. 21 Ans. is D
Q. 27 Ans. is B
Q.29 Ans. is A
Q. 30 Ans. is D
Thanks in advance!! :)

Que 21 - TOT = Avg export price index/ Avg import price index.
This case you're supposed to find the numerator. so work the math and it has to be (150/125)*100 = 120. SO the increase in X receipts = 50%

Que 27 - Opt A = -41 + (13 28) = 0 BOP balances.
Opt B = 44 + 12 + 25 = 81
Opt C = -32 -5 - 37 = -74
Opt D = -15 - 17 +4 = -28.
So greatest disequilibrium is in Opt B. Note that disequilibrium doesn't always mean deficit. A persistent deficit or a persistent surplus, both can be a disequi.

Que 29 - Opt B C n D leads to a rightward shift in the supply. Only 1st one increases demand for pounds. So ans = A

Que 30 - you know for devaluation to be successful in improving the BOT, the PED for both exports and imports needs to be greater than 1. so ans D says that!

Reaction score
wouldn't Opt B reduce supply?? IN the sense that imports have now bcome expensive?! i dont understand what opt D means :/ buh Opt A B C dont seem right!
the answer is d bcoz us substitutes will reduce demand for uk goods and hence for sterling.

Reaction score
Could any1 help me with these Questions
The link is below:
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...d AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_s06_qp_1.pdf
Q. 27 Ans. is D
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...d AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_w06_qp_1.pdf
Q. 21 Ans. is D
Q. 27 Ans. is B
Q.29 Ans. is A
Q. 30 Ans. is D
Thanks in advance!! :)

Oh and BTW i was thinking bout the 27th que, it says that there's increased international competition, so maybe imports are actually cheaper. So it would reduce the domestic inflation and as for exch.rate, cheaper the imports more will be imported resulting with a depreciation. So it comes to D, the answer!
I GUESS SO!

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone, i have posted one more doubt, up there already please HELP ME OUT! It's pretty late in here, Nitez ppl :)
Thanks again :)

Reaction score
cuz ordinary shareholders funds will be issued ordinary capital+PnL account+share premium.
all these balances belong to the ordinary shareholders.
the same question was thre in P12 Oct/Now 2009 Q15 nd the answer is C
wats the difference between ordinary shareholders fund nd shareholders fund :S

Reaction score
Reaction score
the same question was thre in P12 Oct/Now 2009 Q15 nd the answer is C
wats the difference between ordinary shareholders fund nd shareholders fund :S
Nope, the answer is A, mark scheme is wrong...
ordinary shareholders fund are for the ordinary only, which means that it doesnt include the preferrence shareholders....
shareholders fund are alllll,, share capital + all the reserves

Hope that helped....

Reaction score
what so rocket science in it...yar just concentrate on the wordings..

24. Price rise in each item in the table is greater than 2.5% but the value of CPI was 2.5%. Thus price rise in other items must have been less than 2.5% to give an avg of 2.5%. Answer is C

25. Increase in oil prices will increase CPI but the rate of increase in inflation is likely to fall bcoz the rate of increase in oil price is less in year 2 than 1.
(Year1=83.33%, Year2=4.54%).
Answer is C