• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I mean talking about conclusion, even if it states tarrif, it is good that you give a sound judegement and must realise that protectionism does not solely rely upon tariffs. You might also add the point that tarrifs may lead to retaliation from importing country which may not make the bop deficit any better :)

okay

Reaction score
Nope. It says
Understanding of a tariff up to 4 marks
Analysis of the benefits of a tariff up to 6 marks] max of
Discussion of the problems of a tariff up to 6 marks] 10 marks
4 marks for understanding tariff. 4 or 6 marks for it's effectiveness and/or 2 marks for against tariff.

Okay thanks fr that clarification :)

Reaction score
Okay thanks fr that clarification :)
1) explain tariffs and draw the diagram
2) Discuss it's positive implications on current account of BOP
3) Discuss it's negative implications on current account of BOP
4) Give a justified conclusion....give ther protectionism measures and realise that tarrifs alone cannot bring a sustained improvement in current account of BOP
5) Also you may refer to the other side i.e exporting side of a country in comparison with the importing side

Reaction score
1) explain tariffs and draw the diagram
2) Discuss it's positive implications on current account of BOP
3) Discuss it's negative implications on current account of BOP
4) Give a justified conclusion....give ther protectionism measures and realise that tarrifs alone cannot bring a sustained improvement in current account of BOP
5) Also you may refer to the other side i.e exporting side of a country in comparison with the importing side

okay thank yo so much :)

Reaction score
Can any1 help me hw to do this mcq : http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_s06_qp_3.pdf

question 20 and 21
answer is for 2o A and C for 21
direct labour cost will still be there because the employees at the unit would be redeployed elsewhere in the business.
fixed overheads would still exist
so answer is either 35 or 25 or 25+35
only option available is 25, so A is answer

cost of work in progress
dm: 700*0.8*5= 2800
dl: 700*0.5*8.5=2975
total is 5775
11000-5775=5225
value has fallen, so ans is C

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_w08_qp_4.pdf
Q2) How to calculate the depreciation of vehicle? All of my cashflow got ruined due to that.
make a vehicle a/c
in ur vehicle ac bd bal is 425,
credit side 124 (dispoal)
debit side 218 (purchases)
balancing figure will give you the cost of vehicles at the end of the year which is 519
net book value is given 239
so 519-X=239
X=280
the 280 is the balance sheet amount (provision for dep)
so make a prov for dep a/c to find the amount transferred to income statement (depreciation for the year )
u should get
280+110-160=230

Reaction score
Dividends proposed at the balance sheet date should be disclosed in a note, but not provided in the accounts.
found this in http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/question/disclosure-dividends comment of Euan MAclenan
even my sir didnt agree with answer B for dis question
idk man, these CIE jokers, we should sue them -_-
i really think u r correct but bro i did the things other way around or i think both of us have failed to understand one thing maybe that they are asking how much PAID dividends will be SHOWN in notes. maybe i think and not sure do confirm and tell me man.
Maybe Marking Scheme isn't right in this case.
We can't sue CIE because it's clearly written on the marking scheme, 'CIE will not enter into discussions or correspondence in connection with these mark schemes.' :p

upload_2014-4-27_8-23-27.png
This was the examiners report for the same year(may/june 2011 question 11
And CIE is very funny :p and btw David Hussey i asked u bot som dividend paid tng .. (y) it is here :D

Reaction score
View attachment 40312
This was the examiners report for the same year(may/june 2011 question 11
And CIE is very funny :p and btw David Hussey i asked u bot som dividend paid tng .. (y) it is here :D
cool! so whts the final answer to that mcq question?

and do check this as well!
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_w07_ms_4.pdf
q3, for process 2 if u add up the debit side you get 4957450, but cr side gives you 5295850? any idea y? o_O

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_s10_qp_32.pdf
q6 what do they mean by costs of a bonus issue? :/
q13,17
AlphaBeta u got the notes for the types of budgeting? if yes, pls send to me as well cox i wasnt able to answer q22 as well
i dint still get da notes .. might get tmrw or day afta
btw Anyone has 2011 oc/nov examiners report ?? its not there here n not even in maxpapers and freeexampapers -_- ...