• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
View attachment 10317

help.. I'm really confused

d ans is C.....well dats coz fr receipt n payment it is all u will recieve in dat year....so add the entire vertical column of 2009 wich adds to 2400....and the mk an account.....itr tricky to read t table bt u l find dat 100is opng outstnadin (asset) 300 is openin prepayment (liablity) , 2400 is cash recieved.....400 is clsng outstanding and 200 is clsng prepayment.......d missing figure is 2800 wich is I & E.....did u undertsnd?????

Reaction score
HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS EXACLY PARTICIPATING SHARES??IN ACCOUTING 9706..

Participating prefrence shares are those which have a voting right and they take part in running of the b.s by choosing directors at A.G.M's . They rank last at the time of distribution of profits , isntead and incase of insolvency ...

Reaction score
ONE VERY SMALL DORMUBT IS NON-CURRENT LIABILITIES OR LONG TERM LIABILITIES A PART OF CAPITAL EMPLOYED.....I JUST GET CONFUSED PLZZZ HELP......COS SUM1 SAID THERE ARE TWO FORMULAS???:)REPLY ASAP??:)
capital employed is total net asset of a business so i think we do deduct from fixed and current assets the current liabilities and long term loans to get capital employed!

Reaction score
capital employed is total net asset of a business so i think we do deduct from fixed and current assets the current liabilities and long term loans to get capital employed!

there are 2 formulas to calculate capital employed

Formula 1: Fixed asset + working capital
Formula 2: Capital + long term liabilities

Reaction score
d ans is C.....well dats coz fr receipt n payment it is all u will recieve in dat year....so add the entire vertical column of 2009 wich adds to 2400....and the mk an account.....itr tricky to read t table bt u l find dat 100is opng outstnadin (asset) 300 is openin prepayment (liablity) , 2400 is cash recieved.....400 is clsng outstanding and 200 is clsng prepayment.......d missing figure is 2800 wich is I & E.....did u undertsnd?????
ohh really thank you.. now I got it right ! ^^

Reaction score
someone please help me with this:

Acc: O/N/04
15) A and B are in partnership, sharing profits and losses equally. A’s capital account is $6000 and
B’s capital account is $5000. Goodwill is valued at $12 000, but is not shown in the accounts.
They agree to admit Z as a new partner and to share profits and losses equally.
What is A’s new capital account balance?
A $4000 B $8000 C $10 000 D $12 000

Ans is B...how?

Reaction score
View attachment 10317

help.. I'm really confused

anser is C..... in income and expenditure account. u need to show the subscription for the year 2009 (regardless of in which year it is being recieved) which can be caluclated by adding 2nd row (300+2100+400=2800).... fr the reciepts and payments account, u need to show the subscription amount which has been recieved in 2009 regardless of to which year it belonged... it can be calculated by adding 2nd column (100+2100+200=2400)...

hpe u got it... :)

Reaction score
anser is C..... in income and expenditure account. u need to show the subscription for the year 2009 (regardless of in which year it is being recieved) which can be caluclated by adding 2nd row (300+2100+400=2800).... fr the reciepts and payments account, u need to show the subscription amount which has been recieved in 2009 regardless of to which year it belonged... it can be calculated by adding 2nd column (100+2100+200=2400)...

hpe u got it... :)
Awesome explanation my friend!

Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble with economics O/N 2005 Q 4 (b): 'Discuss the view that 'labour is the most important factor of production and therefore the division of labour should be applied to its maximum extent'. [12]

Could someone please give me the basic points I should be mentioning? Thanks!

Reaction score

15) A and B are in partnership, sharing profits and losses equally. A’s capital account is $6000 and
B’s capital account is $5000. Goodwill is valued at $12 000, but is not shown in the accounts.

Ans is B...how?
I want to know too!!

Reaction score

Ans is $8000..B.....
openin balance of A is 6000.... Z will bring 12000 as goodwill so it will be divided into A & B.... so increase of 6000 each in A & B.... as goodwill is nt to be shown in books, it will need to be writtin off...as the new ratio is 1:1:1, so 4000 will deducted from A,B&Z each.....

so A's new balance is 6000 + 6000 - 4000 =$8000...

hope that wrkd... :)

Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble with economics O/N 2005 Q 4 (b): 'Discuss the view that 'labour is the most important factor of production and therefore the division of labour should be applied to its maximum extent'. [12]

Could someone please give me the basic points I should be mentioning? Thanks!

it depends upon the firm, is it labour or capital intensive, the skill and knowledge of the workers, productivity rate, competition in the area, division of labour might create demotivation. benefits of economies of scale are greater in division of labour. type of the good produced . role of government legislation regarding employment laws,