• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
OMG
same here i just finished revising and i feel like i forgot everything!:(
happened with me last year in AS
I can give you a tip, what you have revise for economics, write it in a register after 30 mins for making your memory more bold.
helped me alot...revise it one more time before sleeping

Reaction score
me and the answer of your question really depends on the question asked in the data response section
My teacher told me that whenever you write an answer for Section B relate it with you economics..
it impresses the examiner and might reward you with extra knowledge points, but be relevant if you know the correct knowledge.
For e.g if a question comes about inflation and it results or causes relate it to your country past events and present. It will also help you better to attempt the question

Reaction score
all you have to do is 3000x20/120=500

ÜProvision of unrealized profit of on stock should be made if closing stock of manufactured goods is valued at transfer price.
stock (at transfer price )x mark-up% /100%+mark-up%
the answer is hundred ( a) .
Remeber CLOSING AND OPENING STOCK OF F.G IN TRADING ACCOUNT IS AT TRANSFER PRICE.
all you have to do it divide both the stocks by 100% + markup
for exp cost plus 20% so 120%

2400/1.25 = 2000 3000/1.25=3000
2400-2000=400 30000-2500=500
the difference is off HUNDRED that is you ans

Reaction score
in a manufacturing company loose tools will be depreciated using the revaluation method...why?
use the concept of materiality.
Loose tools are of no value where the business is very large.
dont need to depreciate them and if you want to depreciate use the straight line method.

Reaction score
guys, plz help me in this question :S
A company issues for cash 50000 shares of $5 each at a premium of $15 each and $300000 4% debentures.
By what amount will the net assets of the company increase?
A. $250000
B. $550000
C. $1000000
D. $1300000

listen boy,
read carefully the question it says 5 of each at a premium of 15

it means at $20 the share is being issued. Now when the company issues 50 k shares @ 20$ they'll receive cash of 1 m,
cash is current assets.
300 000 is current asset but they are countered by debentures ( liability)

Reaction score
use the concept of materiality.
Loose tools are of no value where the business is very large.
dont need to depreciate them and if you want to depreciate use the straight line method.
no it is depreciated using revaluation method because they do not have great value ...so you won't use straight line

Reaction score
Cutecute fr bs ppr 2....i wld recommend u to knw ur defn well in order to bag those 12 marks (cmbinin bth case studies)......espescially d defn of business organsation such as sole trader or partnership.....secondly know ur calculations well.....knw ur formulas n l b gud to go.....u will den hv to comment on ur results.....try make a comparative answer with whatever information you have been provided for......lastly and more importantly.....for dse huge mark questions try frane ur answer in the context of the case study and u l gt ur aplication marks.....ur theory wnt be judged here more but how u use it in the context is what matters....and ofcozzz wt all examiners are lookin for in d end do mk an evaluative statement.......

topics frequently askd are: government influences on business, adapting to a new marketing mix and human resource workforce topics....hope this helps :)

Reaction score
Economics Paper 9708/22 was very easy........
happy.jpg
.........but i was lazzy in examination halll!!
exam-sweat2.gif
baby-graphics-crying-812518.gif