• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Production Department A: Direct machine hours for Department A.
Production Department B: Percentage direct labour cost for Department B.
now check this what this is written.
i know what you are saying my friend.
but dude we dont charge overheards on direct hours or direct labour.
Overheards are indirect cost in overhear anaylasis sheet.
Secondly dont go for past papers, showing solution and acting arrogant.
What in the world allows primary apportionment of overheads on direct cost or direct hours or something like that.
i know you are right, but read this paper again.
You'll get to know what did the examiner absorbed machine repairs and insurance on direct hours
Innisfail Enterprises Ltd is a manufacturing business. It currently absorbs its overheads using the
following methods.
Production Department A: Direct machine hours for Department A.
Production Department B: Percentage direct labour cost for Department B
Repairs and maintenance depend on usage, not the cost of machinery!
You don't believe in mark schemes, you claim everyone else wrong, you post your own mark schemes which your so confident that are 100% correct. And im the arrogant one? You think you know it all eh? You should be getting a distinction then. Can I point and laugh if you don't? :)

Reaction score
Repairs and maintenance depend on usage, not the cost of machinery!
You don't believe in mark schemes, you claim everyone else wrong, you post your own mark schemes which your so confident that are 100% correct. And im the arrogant one? You think you know it all eh? You should be getting a distinction then. Can I point and laugh if you don't? :)
aby bhai dekho tou what is written in the question poora pharo then ull know why the examiner charged it on direct hours
my bro, we dont charge overheads on direct hours untill and unless it is mention in the question paper.
I give a damn to my markscheme, it can be wrong but dude read the question first properly. It is mentioned in the second line that the company observes their overheads on direct hours !
But today it wasn't mentioned in the question
I am still saying that you are write, that question mark scheme everything is write.
But read that question carefully again.

Reaction score
aby bhai dekho tou what is written in the question poora pharo then ull know why the examiner charged it on direct hours
my bro, we dont charge overheads on direct hours untill and unless it is mention in the question paper.
I give a damn to my markscheme, it can be wrong but dude read the question first properly. It is mentioned in the second line that the company observes their overheads on direct hours !
But today it wasn't mentioned in the question
I am still saying that you are write, that question mark scheme everything is write.
But read that question carefully again.
That information is to be used to calculate the OAR, not to apportion the budgeted overheads.

Reaction score
That information is to be used to calculate the OAR, not to apportion the budgeted overheads.
So when you are absorbing your overheads on direct hours, you will be apportioning them on overheads
As the question always states choose the best way to apportioned them.
when no cost of machinery is provided we have to do it with direct machine hours their is no option available.
Repairs and maintenance of machinery directly or indirectly effects the cost of machinery.
More maintenance or repairs might increase or decrease of the asset depending on its nature.
For e.g mobile, i know its not a fixed asset but just relate it to the scenario
rent and rates are directly related to floor area, the larger the area the larger the rent

Reaction score
So when you are absorbing your overheads on direct hours, you will be apportioning them on overheads
As the question always states choose the best way to apportioned them.
when no cost of machinery is provided we have to do it with direct machine hours their is no option available.
Repairs and maintenance of machinery directly or indirectly effects the cost of machinery.
More maintenance or repairs might increase or decrease of the asset depending on its nature.
For e.g mobile, i know its not a fixed asset but just relate it to the scenario
rent and rates are directly related to floor area, the larger the area the larger the rent
Ah once again your wrong.. :p But lets just drop it, cos it seems we're both way too arrogant :D Lets hope we all get A's or prolly A*'s :D

Reaction score
GUYS I KNOW YOU WON'T BELIEVE ME
but i have done this question of manufacturing account.
It was in the past papers of OCR
OCR (Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Examinations[1]
i'll show you this question
Depreciation was to be charged on NON CURRENT ASSESTS!
on building as well, if the depreciation is not provided is doesnt mean that building was not supposed to be depreciated.
It could be bought in the year end, or in the start of the year
Their was no PROFIT
their was in fact NET LOSS 11000
depreciation of fact equip was 40k
depreciation for building was 120k
depreciation for office was 20.8 k
Goodwill was 85k
Bank balance was 196000
Aiden capital was 286 000
434 of Mahiria
balance sheet was balancing at 762000
PROFIT of 86K was supposed to be added minus drawings 44

One OAR was 6.7 something and assembly one was 4.53 something dont know the exact!
Indirect wages were apportioned on the basics of No. of employees
Repair and maintenance of machine on the basics of Cost of machinery
Machine was under absorbed and Assembly was over or vice versa. I dont remember much
brrooo i got exactly same !!
i hope yur correct !! :D :D

Reaction score
I got 92% A* in Eco, two years back in olevels but i didnt get zeenat kyunke her classes were full.
No she's not arrogant haan tori se hain, but she gives a lot of homework and her extra classes, woh zaleeel bhi buhat karte hain :p
Secondly please clear ur mind that nixor is not a party college.
I wanted to party and i applied to nixor
I got in and found out that their is only pharaye..
Students are with straight A*'s and A's in O level
abhi im in A2, we have got a student in As level who worldtopped in add maths
A lot of competition in nixor, ull really need to work hard my boy!
Study is not only important factor in nixor, if you are good at singing, acting, debate, sports and etc you can get it to college.
If you want to experience a great high school life, you should go to nixor.
I got into nixor on basics of my cricket skills

Thanks for your advice by the way I never said that I was going there for party. I am kind of nerd and I would utilize my full abilities jis main eenat farokke help kare gii :) ..BTW you might not know this thatZeenat farokee is an CIE EXAMINER for ECONOMICS

Reaction score
Ah once again your wrong.. :p But lets just drop it, cos it seems we're both way too arrogant :D Lets hope we all get A's or prolly A*'s :D

Waleed bro you had to charge repairs and maintenance on d.m hours ..It was correct

Though your mark would not be deducted for this as your judgement/opinion is also correct hence both will be awarded marks according to
my teacher EXAMINER but the appropriate one was d.m hrs

Reaction score

Dude Waleed is correct that premises should be depreciated...GOOGLE IT you would see the difference :) Even I made the same error

Reaction score
are you down with eco ?
i love economics esp macro
monetary fiscal etc..
as economics was boring
a2 is fun :D
hmm no dude! I've to revise the whole syllabus in 5 days :p- yeah, it is easy to understand the govt. aims .but the Marginal utility is tough than others topics ...