• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
if a firm employs workers from 50 51 and have to pay wages from 600 610 what is the marginal cost of labour ? :S

Reaction score
may be u r correct...bt business you don't have a definite ans. Bt i dnt think my analysis is wrong either though not upto the mark. I supported the idea of increasing dividend by closing the loss making dpt. and using it as dividend payout. 3-4years mai toh long term investment ka asar bhi hoga....aur profit badh jaega. hahha...i dnt know wether my ans makes sense or nt

the director try to negotiate with the sharehloders but at the end they decided to increse it next year :)
i know u have done well because despite of knowing everything i wrote worse ans because of headeche! ;/

Reaction score
if a firm employs workers from 50 51 and have to pay wages from 600 610 what is the marginal cost of labour ? :S

610*51 - 600*50

first cost of the labour was 30k
to employe extra lab firm should increase the wage of the new as well as the old employee
so the firm is paying now 31,110
so marginal increase in cost is 1,110 i.e the extra cost of employing a marginal emp!

Reaction score
19: I answered here
21: discovery of oil reserves will lead to demand for investments in the oil industry so that more oil drilling can be carried out, so demand curve shifts to the right. increased propensity to save means people save more proportion of their incomes, which they either invest themselves in business/industries etc., or put in a bank which then grants loans, shifting the supply curve to right...

Reaction score
Reaction score
guys tell me about contestable markets yaar !

Like perfect competition contestable markets are characterised by
-perfect information
-freedom of entry
-no sunk costs (freedom of exit)

But unlike the former, these markets can be dominated by one firm who can be a price maker and firms here may produce differentiated products.

Reaction score
The average consumer divides his expenditure between food, accommodation and clothing in the
ratio 5:3:2.
During the course of a year, the price of food rises by 10 %, the price of accommodation remains
constant and the price of clothing falls by 5 %.
Assuming that the weights of a price index reflect the expenditure of the average consumer, what
is the increase in the index over the year?
A

2.5 % B 4 % C 5 % D 6 %

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW SHUD THIS BE DONE? PLEASE... THE ANSWER IS B

Reaction score
The average consumer divides his expenditure between food, accommodation and clothing in the
During the course of a year, the price of food rises by 10 %, the price of accommodation remains
Assuming that the weights of a price index reflect the expenditure of the average consumer, what
A

2.5 % B 4 % C 5 % D 6 %

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW SHUD THIS BE DONE? PLEASE... THE ANSWER IS B
year?

Reaction score
A

2.5 % B 4 % C 5 % D 6 %

Listen
the tottal is 5:3:2 = 10
revised total 5.5 + 3 +1.9 = 10.4
0.4/10 *100 = 4%

Reaction score
A

2.5 % B 4 % C 5 % D 6 %

btw answer is B..4%

Reaction score
A

2.5 % B 4 % C 5 % D 6 %

as we measure the weighted price index do same calculation
as WaleedUQ did!