• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey!
(Accounting) Where can I study the IAS standards, and the published company accounts thing from? Can you please post some notes or anything?
Thanks!

PS I have this book (Randall), but all of the stuff in it is about FRS, which is no longer a part of the syllabus.

Reaction score
Oh alright! haha! Do post some human resource management questions from paper 1 and paper 2, cant seem to find any in the past paper book. thanks
All the past papers I use are from this site! You could check if there are any there. If not, I'm sorry, there most likely will be none, or would have come up before 2003.

Reaction score
Hey!
(Accounting) Where can I study the IAS standards, and the published company accounts thing from? Can you please post some notes or anything?
Thanks!

PS I have this book (Randall), but all of the stuff in it is about FRS, which is no longer a part of the syllabus.

This booklet will be helpful

Attachments

• A_AS_IAS_Booklet.pdf
    250.2 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Reaction score
Accounting:
A company has an authorised share capital of 100,000 ordinary shares of $0.05. It has issued 70,000 shares. The directors recommend a dividend of 6%. What will be the amount of dividend?
Answer states $2100. How? Detailed working please
Formula for calculation of dividend is No of fully paid up shares(which are 70 000 in this case) X price per share ($0.050) X Rate of dividend (6%) = $210 (Please check I doubt that u have typed $0.05 instead of $0.5. Only then it can be $2100)

Reactions: Z.S
Reaction score
Okay, so two more:
1. If someone could justify question 4 from this paper: http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_w06_qp_3.pdf, I'd be much grateful.

2. Secondly, [J/04/3/05]
There is an increase in the supply of female labour. What will be the likely effect on male and female wages?

A. Female wages decrease, male wages decrease.
C. Female wages decreases, male wages increase.

The correct answer is A. My question is: how would male wages decrease? How are they related to female wages in the first place?
As the supply of female labour would increase so the female wages would decrease and female labour can substitute male labour, thus male wages would also decrease

Reaction score
Formula for calculation of dividend is No of fully paid up shares(which are 70 000 in this case) X price per share ($0.050) X Rate of dividend (6%) = $210 (Please check I doubt that u have typed $0.05 instead of $0.5. Only then it can be $2100)
I did recheck. The book must have incorrectly printed it. Thanks though!

Reaction score
can anyone please explain to me what target pricing is?

thanks
Pricing method whereby the selling price of a product is calculated to produce a particular rate of return on investment for a specific volume of production.Target pricing is not useful for companies whose capital investment is low because, according to this formula, the selling price will be understated.