• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Formula for multiplier - 1/MRT+MRS+MPM or Change In Income/Change in Injection

MRT = 0.15 (15/100)
MPM = 0.30
MPS = 0.05

Therefore 1/(0.15+0.3+0.05) = 2

Substitute this answer to the other formular.
Change in income is given (10000)
so.
10000/x = 2
x=5000=Change in injection/spending
InititalSpending = 15000
Change 5000
Total = 20000 :)

Reaction score
pl
A club provides the following information for a year.
Annual subscriptions received in the year 4, 000
Annual subscriptions received in advance 50
at the end of the year
Balance on Life Subscriptions account at 500
beginning of the year
Life subscriptions received during the year 100

The club's policy is to credit life subscriptions to the Income and Expenditure account over five years.
How much should be credited to the Income and Expenditure account for subscriptions for the year?

plz tell me if i m correct
Capture.JPG

Reaction score
The administration expenses of a business amount to 30, 000. They are apportioned to three departments as follows :
Department A 3/6
Departmnet B 2/6
Dept C 1/6

It has been decided to close department C but there will not be any reduction in administration costs.
How will the administration expenses be apportioned to dept A & B after dept C has been closed?
Dept A Dept B
- 15,000 10,000
- 18,000 12,000
- 21,000 14,000
- 22,200 14,800

Reaction score
The administration expenses of a business amount to 30, 000. They are apportioned to three departments as follows :
Department A 3/6
Departmnet B 2/6
Dept C 1/6

It has been decided to close department C but there will not be any reduction in administration costs.
How will the administration expenses be apportioned to dept A & B after dept C has been closed?
Dept A Dept B
- 15,000 10,000
- 18,000 12,000
- 21,000 14,000
- 22,200 14,800

Dept A = 3/5 * 30000 = 18000
Dept B = 2/5 * 30000 = 12000

plz tell me if its correct and thx

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...vel/Business Studies (9707)/9707_s03_qp_1.pdf

5B
6A

Can ull help me hw to answer these questions

q5B it says appropriateness
shud we write wen dese styles of leadership should be used or the usefulness and drawbacks of using the style of leaderships

Q6a
Shud we mainly focus on the penetration and skimming price strategies or abt the cost basis or cmptition basis etc...........

Reaction score
Can i get a good definition for economies of scale, fiscal policy, productivity

an equation to calculate break even output

Reaction score
Can anyone give me good notes on the 3rd unit of economics (The unit about market failure externalities etc..........)

Reaction score
Can ull explain how to ammend a sales ledger control account and a purchases ledger control account
How bad debts can be identified in a non profit making organisation

And excellent notes on the 3rd unit of economics government failure

Part exchange and impairment - explanations please

Last edited:
Reaction score
The question is:
a) Explain the difference between the law of diminishing marginal returns and economies of scale with the help of the relevant diagrams.
b) Explain what is meant by internal economies of scale and analyse the link between economies of scale and a firms long run average cost curve.

Can anyone help with the answer? And also diagrams? With the help of attaching pictures?
Help would be highly appreciated

Reaction score
And also notes on Human Resource Management? (for AS)
Can ull explain how to ammend a sales ledger control account and a purchases ledger control account
How bad debts can be identified in a non profit making organisation

And excellent notes on the 3rd unit of economics government failure

Part exchange and impairment - explanations please
Can anyone give me good notes on the 3rd unit of economics (The unit about market failure externalities etc..........)
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Business Studies (9707)/9707_s03_qp_1.pdf

5B
6A

Can ull help me hw to answer these questions

q5B it says appropriateness
shud we write wen dese styles of leadership should be used or the usefulness and drawbacks of using the style of leaderships

Q6a
Shud we mainly focus on the penetration and skimming price strategies or abt the cost basis or cmptition basis etc...........

NO RESPONSE?????

Reaction score
The question is:
a) Explain the difference between the law of diminishing marginal returns and economies of scale with the help of the relevant diagrams.
b) Explain what is meant by internal economies of scale and analyse the link between economies of scale and a firms long run average cost curve.

Can anyone help with the answer? And also diagrams? With the help of attaching pictures?
Help would be highly appreciated
a) You'd start of why explaining the law of diminishing marginal utility and proving your statement with the help of this graph.
MU.png
Then you'd explain what is economies of scale, what causes economies of scale then support your statement again with the help of this graph.
EOS.png
Now comes the important part. Though the diagrams of both, economies of scale and law of diminishing marginal utlity are somewhat same. Moreover the fact that increase in output/consumption leads to reduction in price/MU. But Marginal utility focuses on individual consumers and explains their buying pattern. While on the other hand, the Economies of scale concept is applicable on the industrial output of goods and helps determine the cost advantage to the industry or a firm.