• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
View attachment 43712

Explain utility and the law of diminishing marginal utility, then draw this graph.
Then explain that as according to every successive consumption of a good, the Marginal utility falls. Now according to demand curve, a consumer would be ready to pay less for a product which yields less satisfaction compared to the previous one consumed. Due to this, the demand curve is downward sloping.
Now you can explain how this is not true in case the good is a luxury or explain paradox of value by Adam smith.

thanks a lot....

Reaction score
View attachment 43712

Explain utility and the law of diminishing marginal utility, then draw this graph.
Then explain that as according to every successive consumption of a good, the Marginal utility falls. Now according to demand curve, a consumer would be ready to pay less for a product which yields less satisfaction compared to the previous one consumed. Due to this, the demand curve is downward sloping.
Now you can explain how this is not true in case the good is a luxury or explain paradox of value by Adam smith.
so for a luxury good, as consumption increases the marginal utility increases? the diagram will be the opposite?

Reaction score
so for a luxury good, as consumption increases the marginal utility increases? the diagram will be the opposite?
Yup. If I give you a diamond, you'd be very happy but if I give you 2 diamonds, you'd be even happier. :p
There would not be a diagram for this because this renders the law of diminishing marginal utility invalid.

Reaction score
I haven't done too many Past Papers on Economics P4 other than the last couple of years.

Could anyone tell me if there are similar questions for Section B that have repeated over the years or on what "Chapters" do they mostly come on?

Just a general idea or is it completely random questions each year for Section B? :S
Any help is much appreciated. :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
Can you also tell how to answer this question:

How is the interest rate determined in the money market and how it may change. Explain the loanable fund theory in this regard. [13]

Explain what is interest rate.
Thinks which make it changed such as Crowding out in a fiscal policy or the supply and demand for money.
Explain demand and supply of loanable funds and how they may change.
Draw the graph of loanable funds theory.find it on net...
Give a scenario or two and explain determination of interest rate.conclude.

Reaction score
Hi, Can someone please help me out with this, I am solving may/june 2013 (32) economics paper and cant seem to solve question number 2. can someone please help me out and also write down some pointers that i need for marginal utility please

Thankyou so much in advance

Regards

Attachments

• 9708_w13_qp_32.pdf
    126.7 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Hi, Can someone please help me out with this, I am solving may/june 2013 (32) economics paper and cant seem to solve question number 2. can someone please help me out and also write down some pointers that i need for marginal utility please

Thankyou so much in advance

Regards
this is easy , 1=2 so they say 6 therefore 6=12
so u hav to find da diff in 12 , which is there in 5 units :)

Reaction score
hello everyone.....
can someone help me in business,as i am doing my A levels and exams is on Monday,so pls suggest me how to present the paper?
BS p3 yeah? i'm sitting that too. my biggest problem happens to be "insufficient content" even though i give all the points. It's such an impossible subject. does anyone have any specimen answers of an A grade student?