• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics: Post your doubts here (O + A level)

Reaction score
i have a doubt that's nt exactly related ...
umm....should we write the answers in bullet points (with explanation) or in the form of essays...especially for the questions with a lot of marks.
urgent replies appreciated.

Reaction score
i have a doubt that's nt exactly related ...
umm....should we write the answers in bullet points (with explanation) or in the form of essays...especially for the questions with a lot of marks.
urgent replies appreciated.

CIE believes its better to write in paragraphs because when you write in bullet point you miss out details so yeah

Reaction score
CIE believes its better to write in paragraphs because when you write in bullet point you miss out details so yeah
okay.
i wrote in bullet points for Paper 2. :/
still shouldn't be much of a problem because i've written a lot for each point.
its not exactly what i'd call a "list-like answer."

Reaction score
okay.
i wrote in bullet points for Paper 2. :/
still shouldn't be much of a problem because i've written a lot for each point.
its not exactly what i'd call a "list-like answer."

then thats fine...idk bt i read somewhere in examiners tips i think where they clearly said use an essay approach or something...if u've explained then it shouldnt be an issue :)

Reaction score
Hi dear abcde: You look a geneous student. Dear dont worry I will make it clear to you. Its reply for your Q.7 June 2006.
7-B Unitary elastic demand (=1), shows that change in price will leave total revenue unchanged. On this assumption we can find out price. Initially, price is $12 and quantity demanded is 4000. So, total revenue will be 4000 multiply by 12 = 48000.
So, we can find price when quantity demanded is 20000. As we know that total revenue will not change, therefore put the values in formula to get correct answer.

TR = P × Q
48000 = (20,000) P
20,000P = 48000
Price = $2.40

Reaction score
Hi dear abcde: would you please let me know about the idea of average price and quantity? Whether it is proven by mathematicians or it is the result of a hit and trial method? What I know is, examiner wants to make it sure whether students know the idea of unitary elastic demand or not. In case of unitary elastic demand change in price does not affect total revenue.

At price $12, total revenue= $12*4000=$48000
Price * 20000=$48000 , thus Price = $2.40
You may mention your issues on [email protected] . I will try my level best to solve your issues.

Reaction score
Which is an example of market failure
A)A monopoly making abnormal profits
B)Price charged to cover social costs

Reaction score
Which statement is true about factors of production
A)Capital includes factories and machinery but not roads and port
B)Land is a natural factor that can be improved by human action