• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 1

Reaction score
well the question is about describe an occasion when someone gave a great sacrifice to keep a best friend and i mistaken it as"to keep a best friend alive"i wrote that the person that gave the sacrifice eventually died at the end..[/quote]
oh! thats not too much out of context. you may lose some marks, but it still would be somewhat relevant. Chillax![/quote]

this was not a discriptive essay
the question was
write an occasion when someone gave a great sacrifice to keep a
rather than
describe an occasion when someone gave a great sacrifice to keep a best friend

Reaction score
I'm in doubt about the English Paper 12. I chose the third essay too but actually wrote about 'when someone made a great sacrifice to keep a best friend out of trouble' and that in the end, the best friend's father thanked the latter for his help and said to that person that his child is really lucky to have such a good friend who has sacrificed so much for him. Can someone please clear this misunderstanding for me?

Reaction score
@ shiki Misaki: If wrote about "when someone made a great sacrifice to keep a best friend out of trouble" Its not irrelevant.....I think the most you can lose is 5 marks....^^
What about paper 2??
What did you write for this question ??? 7(b) Give, from your own experience one example of a 'specialized' shop. [1]

Reaction score
Shiki Misaki said:
I'm in doubt about the English Paper 12. I chose the third essay too but actually wrote about 'when someone made a great sacrifice to keep a best friend out of trouble' and that in the end, the best friend's father thanked the latter for his help and said to that person that his child is really lucky to have such a good friend who has sacrificed so much for him. Can someone please clear this misunderstanding for me?

this is also not off topic !!
hopefully no marks would be dudeucted :)

Reaction score
what happens if i wrote out of topic for section B? Question wanted a noisy argument and what i wrote was one guy shouted at the other guy out of a sudden then they began punching each other. No ARGUMENT AT ALL. And i think i wrote about 140words only :'( OH WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME! Ive gotten an A star for june but i need to get A for this nov too!

Reaction score
carolinetcw said:
what happens if i wrote out of topic for section B? Question wanted a noisy argument and what i wrote was one guy shouted at the other guy out of a sudden then they began punching each other. No ARGUMENT AT ALL. And i think i wrote about 140words only :'( OH WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME! Ive gotten an A star for june but i need to get A for this nov too!

140 words s nothing :(

if you already had an A * in june then why did you retake ?

Reaction score
any one other than me who wrote for
"Having More Money or Having Less Money Is Worse?"

Reaction score
mohsin1 said:
carolinetcw said:

140 words s nothing :(

if you already had an A * in june then why did you retake ?
nothing in a bad way? Because i took 2 subjects in june as trial,and all subjects again in nov. Nov is compulsory.

Reaction score
examman said:
any one other than me who wrote for
"Having More Money or Having Less Money Is Worse?"

argumentative essay are difficult to handle
you should always go for stories i would suggest !

Reaction score
@ Heshna: You can't really it was the easiest 1 'cause you have to remain well focused on the title & put the sentence in a good context. It has some catching point too. The story depends on the sentence given. If you did it well, then good for you :p

Reaction score
@ shiki: according to me, it was the easiest one...there is no way to be out of subject eith this title....you just have to crate an original ,interesting story and include this sentence whereever you want.....:p:p
@ silent hunter : yap...let's just hope for the best

Reaction score
@Heshna: yeah......u cant get out ov topic............just make a situation n put these lines.................advantage z tht we dont have to write on a specific topic. :p