• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 1

Reaction score
Hy all who appeared!!! how did it go?

Mine went fine, especially part 1 was very good. But i might have messed part 2 a bit!!
Can any1 tell me whether there are marks for format of account or not? I dont know why i messed it up!!! Look this was my format:

To: the principal

account

Date: October 12th, 2010

Is this fine? I think i got panicked in part 2 and messed up format. And notice i wrote october 12th, instead of 12th october. O God I am worried abt part2.

Reaction score
O God!!!! Im so dead!!!! I didnt even give a title to my essay or the account. Does that matter!!! I fell like committing suicide!!!!!!!!! Why did I panic?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

PPL PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well wats the use of locking the barn door after the horse has been bolted????? nothing can be done now.

Reaction score
that doesn't matter buddy however if u well manged all points given in QP part-2 then u don't need to worry about that.however i m confused whether ur paper no is 11 or 12 cz today i appeared in paper 12.

Reaction score
yousafs c said:
O God!!!! Im so dead!!!! I didnt even give a title to my essay or the account. Does that matter!!! I fell like committing suicide!!!!!!!!! Why did I panic?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

well wats the use of locking the barn door after the horse has been bolted????? nothing can be done now.

sorry to say but this is an HUGE MISTAKE is you would be deadly penalised :cry:

once in my skhool my teacher told that a person did not erote the tittle of the essay and he was given full O(zero)
altough his essay was outstanding but was not acceptable by the examiner

now it's al your luck
it the examiner s nice he might cut some marks but if not then sorry to say a zero :( :cry:

Reaction score
Yeah... the paper was relatively easy ...especially the part one... i opted for the 3rd one.. Mauritius..

for the 2nd part i forgot to write "FROM:" infront of my name... phhfff.. will I be penalized???..plzzzz any idea...

Reaction score
rose1700 said:
yousafs c said:

yeah...heavily penalized ... but dn't worry cause u'll lose only 1 or 2 mark for not giving a title... also a date is important for an account for such type... PRAY!

Reaction score
Nirvanknight said:
Yeah... the paper was relatively easy ...especially the part one... i opted for the 3rd one.. Mauritius..

for the 2nd part i forgot to write "FROM:" infront of my name... phhfff.. will I be penalized???..plzzzz any idea...

No you wont be penalized for that :)

Reaction score
Nirvanknight said:
rose1700 said:
yousafs c said:

yeah...heavily penalized ... but dn't worry cause u'll lose only 1 or 2 mark for not giving a title... also a date is important for an account for such type... PRAY!

once in my skhool my teacher told that a person did not erote the tittle of the essay and he was given full O(zero)
altough his essay was outstanding but was not acceptable by the examiner

now it's al your luck
it the examiner s nice he might cut some marks but if not then sorry to say a zero

Reaction score
Has anyone already taken part to the paper 2 comprehension???? plz do inform ... am scared cause i may lose marks in my summary...

Reaction score
for the format dont worry the main thing checked is your body of the letter format caries only 2 -3 marks

Reaction score
Nirvanknight said:
Has anyone already taken part to the paper 2 comprehension???? plz do inform ... am scared cause i may lose marks in my summary...

no talk about leaking of paper
and comprehension paper is on 19th all over the world

Reaction score
Ahh...yeah... me too on the 19th....ppphffff.... on Thursday i've got physics paper 2...got to go revising.. c ya and gud luck

Reaction score
To the pricipal

12th october ,2010

Dear sir,

Name

the above is the correct format of the account to pricipal :)

Reaction score
Damn. How many marks are we subject to loose if we wrote like the following :

12th October 2010

To the principal, sir, as..........................................

Yours Sincerely,

(sign) <----I actually did sign my signature here ! will that be wrong ?
Examman

Reaction score
date should always be written before the body of letter !
sign and name is almost same thing , it does not matter what you wrote !

Reaction score
examman said:
Damn. How many marks are we subject to loose if we wrote like the following :

12th October 2010

To the principal, sir, as..........................................

Yours Sincerely,

(sign) <----I actually did sign my signature here ! will that be wrong ?
Examman

not more than one mark