• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Paper 1

Reaction score
hi guys i also gave the paper on tuesday ;)

as you know that the format was tooo confusing so it's apparent that examiner would accept most of them :)

but few thing on which i am sure are
1.date has to be written before the body of letter
2.to the pricipal, sir , .... <<-- this is not acceptable , this doesnt make sence even :)
3.you could do sign or write your name ,they both are same things

thanks

Reaction score
yes a range of formats would be acceptable. So guys chill out, ive decided to do the same.
Nothing can be done now.
wats the use of locking the stable after the horse has been bolted? CHILLAX!

Tra

Reaction score
UxaiR said:
Tra said:
For number 4, the title is already given!?
Say yes!:D
Because i put it as the title.--'
Usually when i'm given a single word, i put it as the title and my teachers never said anything...

AND i thought that discussing a paper which has already been done was a bad thing to do as this might affect our upcoming papers ^^'
But i can't help it!0.0

if you have given the number , then it's alright
but if you have not given number and not given the tittle even .
then it would lead you to a big problem !

Nopes i have written the number too :D

Tra

Reaction score
yousafs c said:
ya!! u cant start with the date.
and yours sincerely is also not correct! You are not supposed to add the PERSONAL touch to the account. such as yours sincerely, or in my opinion, etc.

i don't think so.
Yours sincerely(or yours faithfully) is not a "personal touch", it is rather the way to end a formal letter before you sign it.
And among the points to be written on was "According to you what should be done to punish the 2 pupils" something like that.
So in that case the "in my opinion" fits.

Tra

Reaction score
You guys are right!
The English paper 1 is over...
Now we have to concentrate on the upcoming ones!
We made mistakes, let it go! ;P

Think of your long holidays whenever you're down :D
they are 5 weeks away#! ^^'

Reaction score
@tra : yeah no use worrying even if u think u have done wrong..............this will only cause tension so cheer up n concentrate more on coming papers. :D

Reaction score
OK BYE BYE ENGLISH LANGUAGE 1123/12. I AM DONE WITH YOU!!! NOW I WANNA WORK HARD TO DEAL WITH UR COUNTERPART 1123/22. AND THEN WAIT TO GET THE FRUIT OF WAT I HAVE DONE, IN 3 MONTHS OR SO.

Everyone repeat after me! :D

Im so done with discussing the paper! :cry:

Reaction score
hey guys..how many marks will be penalize if my essay is out of topic(for part one)?

Reaction score
hana217 said:
hey guys..how many marks will be penalize if my essay is out of topic(for part one)?
This is quite a controversial question. Some teachers say that the content marks are out of 20, while others say they are out of 10. You would lose a big chunk of these marks and may get a few marks here. Can u plz tell wat the topic was and wat u wrote?

Reaction score
yousafs c said:
hana217 said:
This is quite a controversial question. Some teachers say that the content marks are out of 20, while others say they are out of 10. You would lose a big chunk of these marks and may get a few marks here. Can u plz tell wat the topic was and wat u wrote?
well the question is about describe an occasion when someone gave a great sacrifice to keep a best friend and i mistaken it as"to keep a best friend alive"i wrote that the person that gave the sacrifice eventually died at the end..

Reaction score
[/quote]well the question is about describe an occasion when someone gave a great sacrifice to keep a best friend and i mistaken it as"to keep a best friend alive"i wrote that the person that gave the sacrifice eventually died at the end..[/quote]

this is not too off the topic
hopefully you wont be penalized much !

Reaction score
[/quote]well the question is about describe an occasion when someone gave a great sacrifice to keep a best friend and i mistaken it as"to keep a best friend alive"i wrote that the person that gave the sacrifice eventually died at the end..[/quote]
oh! thats not too much out of context. you may lose some marks, but it still would be somewhat relevant. Chillax!