• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English paper (this is not a paper discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
No.mercy, adding your own imaginative narratives was a really good idea.
The only downside I see of your essay is the definition part. As part of reading an essay, a definition is not really required as it makes it boring. I read that in a marking key once, really, I'm sorry, but I don't intend to be mean or anything, I'm just telling you what I read in a marking key.
However, as an overall, since you included your own narratives, you can hope for a good mark. The definition part, will only reduce a mark or so.

Reaction score
rafae said:
The only downside I see of your essay is the definition part. As part of reading an essay, a definition is not really required as it makes it boring. I read that in a marking key once, really, I'm sorry, but I don't intend to be mean or anything, I'm just telling you what I read in a marking key.
However, as an overall, since you included your own narratives, you can hope for a good mark. The definition part, will only reduce a mark or so.
well according to me the intro, if a good one, would be helpful in catching attention lol

Reaction score
Yeah intros are always good, but they should not be a definition. Cause that isn't what the examiner is asking us for.
What are you guys hoping for in English in p1? Like out of 60..
And this has transformed into a full paper discussion HAHA :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
rafae said:
Yeah intros are always good, but they should not be a definition. Cause that isn't what the examiner is asking us for.
What are you guys hoping for in English in p1? Like out of 60..
And this has transformed into a full paper discussion HAHA :ROFLMAO:
umm i presume i'll have in 50s inshAllah

Reaction score
i wrote the following points...
1. homework given less and class tests conducted daily should be avouded so that students r not tired of studying and get time to indulge in some personality grooming activities..
2. sports should be promoted and sports day fixed every month..
3. extra curricular activities promoted for students so that become social and not just study all the time.. it will infuse confidence in them..

what marks can i expect for content??? :( plz tell really worried...

Reaction score
further more, i chose topic 1 which asked to describe an activity u have recently got interested in... and y it gives so much pleasure..
i wrtoe abt working as a volunteer and what it involves like helping the poor andneedy by arranging for sponsers and all that.. it satisfies my want of serving the humanity and the brightened faces of the glum people takes me on cloud nine...
is it all fine?? plzzzzz comment on my directed writing and creative writing.. really worried...!!

Reaction score
iceman said:
hey everyone i didn't write either the topic name or the topic number of the essay which i chose in my paper... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: will the examiner read it or put a BIG CROSS over it??/ :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't know what they will do, but they sure wont cross it all out. I don't think that this has been discussed in any examiner report either as it is quite.....unusual. They will penalize you for they will think it was 'carelessness', but not many marks will be deducted.
But before we just start to assume things, let's look at some facts which are common in all exams. What will the examiners do if didn't write the question number in your, say, Mathematics exam (paper 2) ? Do they cut the whole question out, or do they just penalize a few marks for it?

Reaction score
Shahroz95 said:
iceman said:
hey everyone i didn't write either the topic name or the topic number of the essay which i chose in my paper... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: will the examiner read it or put a BIG CROSS over it??/ :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't know what they will do, but they sure wont cross it all out. I don't think that this has been discussed in any examiner report either as it is quite.....unusual. They will penalize you for they will think it was 'carelessness', but not many marks will be deducted.
But before we just start to assume things, let's look at some facts which are common in all exams. What will the examiners do if didn't write the question number in your, say, Mathematics exam (paper 2) ? Do they cut the whole question posting.php?mode=quote&f=25&p=61845out, or do they just penalize a few marks for it?

but don't u think that a better example would be of islamiat and history which also have essay length answers.......examiner will read our answers and maybe he has brains to realise for which questions are these answers are for...
i chose the topic in which we had to describe one of our favourite activities.....so the examiner may realise that i chose this topic by reading just the first paragraph......how ever if i had chosen the topic in which they ask us to write a story which contain a certain sentence then i would really be in a fix as the examiner would have a hard time finding dat specific sentence in the long essay.... :O: :O: :O: :O: :O: :O:

Reaction score
rafae said:
Actually i read the examiner report of a previous paper in which there was a one letter essay `neighbors`. It stated that excellent candidates started with a definition and then narrated the events of their lives....pls Allah Almighty grant me an A star or an A..lol :p

Reaction score
no.mercy said:
rafae said:
Actually i read the examiner report of a previous paper in which there was a one letter essay `neighbors`. It stated that excellent candidates started with a definition and then narrated the events of their lives....pls Allah Almighty grant me an A star or an A..lol :p

can we startt a descriptive essay by a definition...........such as in today about activity we can describe an activity???

Reaction score
i am saying ..can we write a definition in a descriptive essay........such as in the essay number 'one' today in which we had to describe and activity hobby or a possession...do u get it?

Reaction score
i wrote that: jealousy is a kind of feeling you encounter when you see a good change in someone but your mind in not ready to accept it.
I dont know whether it comes in the circle of a definition or not..dah

Reaction score
iceman said:
i am saying ..can we write a definition in a descriptive essay........such as in the essay number 'one' today in which we had to describe and activity hobby or a possession...do u get it?

i have never gone through descriptive essays so i cant tell :S

Reaction score
i wrote essay no. 5. about the misleading experience .
with a startng general paragraph abut how people make mistakes in "judging book by its cover" i moved on to narrate the story of fiiding a friend is the hostels whom i found amiable and trusted but he made off with all my stuff one day :D
although i thought it was too much of a cliche' yet i went for it.
plus talking about the report i mainly emphasized on the social part more :( . some freinds told me it was rght while some say it is irrelivant. i just do hope that healthy lifestyle is a broader term then just health considerations. it must include socal interaction and confidence of th stuents :(. i just hope it does.
plus i didn;t touch the cafe or pollution part

Reaction score
well my essay has proven to be a disaster......:/
guess i'll hav to worked extra hard for paper 2 to even try to smell an A...... :'(

Reaction score
well social can be irrelevant in the sense that the bullet point was:
what improvements can be made to the facilities of the school and the curriculum...so social is totally out of context but dont worry..just hope for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.