• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English paper (this is not a paper discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
no.mercy said:
i wrote that: jealousy is a kind of feeling you encounter when you see a good change in someone but your mind in not ready to accept it.
I dont know whether it comes in the circle of a definition or not..dah
i think u slightly messed that up :p
it is th envy to those who r better off than u.
fnancially, academcially etc, etc..
but still ur's isn't entirely incorrect

Reaction score
no.mercy said:
well social can be irrelevant in the sense that the bullet point was:
what improvements can be made to the facilities of the school and the curriculum...so social is totally out of context but dont worry..just hope for the best
i did advise to introduce more debate and speech competitions and and also some interesting activities in class so that their interaction may increase and hey may develop a more "embracing" nature

Reaction score
Guys, not to shatter the mood, but I think you guys are missing out on what a descriptive essay is. You have to provide vivid descriptions, describing everything, it should half a slight story along with it.
Here is an example of a descriptive essay I wrote, I'm not saying its purely correct, but it's enough to get an idea. It's incomplete, and I wrote it in my spare time to show to my teacher.

Describe a scene of a woman being in a crowded train, I would say something like
this.

I gazed to my right and left- where could I possibly find a seat in this mess?
The train was clearly overcrowded- like a soap bubble at its limit. I inched my way
forward, endlessly looking for a seat. Numerous men were involved in different
activities; bundles were seated on the floor as they seemed to be enjoying a card
game; some shared meals- a heartening thought; others were involved in even less
productive activities-arm wrestling. I caught eyes with another man who gently
stroked a white and blue eyed feline- such a misfit.

What had I gotten myself into?

I desperately ignored the remainder of men seated near the dirty windows of the
train- I perceived their lustful stares. They seemed to be having nothing better to do
than to stare down at a young and helpless woman. The unpleasant odors of food
and sweat coupled with the constant flickering of the light above were a sickening
site. I lurched forward through the narrow gaps between the rows of seats, finally
finding a spot near the rear end of the train. Next to me was a bulky man whose
torn white shirt and scattered legs gave me little space to sit. I gave the man a quick
glance; perhaps he understood what I was trying to indicate. He moved his legs,
creating more space for me. He flicked the ashes of his cigarette away and began
to glare at me. His bright brown eyes rose out in prominence against his unshaved
chin and oily hair. He began to run his fingers through the bangs and move closer
towards me. I instantly perceived his actions, my heart began to pound. I curled my
lips and anxiously tapped my fingers against the torn seat ahead of me. When was
the train going to arrive?

So yeah..

Reaction score
very well written rafae!!
i wrote about JEALOUSY
a beautiful lady married to a rich, handsome man ....and yet she was jealous of her younger, disabled, ugly, and poor sister. :p
the reason was the condolence and attention latter had gained everywhere :)

Reaction score
What a brilliant piece of writing rafae! Absolutely amazing. You have a bright future as a writer!!!
Actually I wanted to inquire about something that has been bothering me for so long--I mean after today's exam.

The instructions on the first page said that use a dark blue or black pen. I used a normal blue pen but I am worried about its being dark enough. We can use simple blue pens for these papers. Right?

Reaction score
Hey, in report I only wrote the need of cleanliness and physical education and carried these two points throughout. Are these points fine and will using only these two pints earn me a very high grade? :oops:

Reaction score
hey i wanted to ask about the directed writing. I wrote points that involved sports,yoga club,subjects of students own choice,field trips and educational trips and conidence boosting activities. What do you guys think of it?

Reaction score
ahan, gud. i mentioned these
.clean sports ground
.teachers shudnt replace PT period
.health classes
.a health book for juniors
.field trips, slideshows and sports week for seniors
.hygenic food at the canteen

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
And, sadly, I have to lock this topic!
As mentioned earlier a thousand times => DO NOT DISCUSS A PAPER WITHIN 24 HOURS!
Anyone found discussing it now will be warned!
Thank-you!

Status
Not open for further replies.