• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Environmental Management - Is it really easy ?

Is EM easy ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Is it really easy and how so ? How quickly can it be covered ? And what grade did you get and the amount of preparation you put into it ? Comment's would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Nothing is Really Easy or difficult. It depends on the person.
Like for example if one prepares for a test, he would find it easy. But if someone doesn't prepare it well, he will most likely find it hard.
It depends on your intellectual abilities.
If you are a genius, you can complete it in 5 days. [If you study a lot in these 5 days] and get an A* or A, easily.
Some take 2 weeks to cover it. Some study it for 3 WHOLE YEARS in school.
Some say it's not easy. Some say it is the easiest subject in O-Level.

I want to give Environmental Management this Oct-Nov 2014. But haven't even touched the book yet.

Reaction score
OK so, generally speaking, it's an easy subject right ? Not much of a hassle ? I'm thinking of giving it this Oct/Nov just to be sure that if I mess up Urdu, I'll still have a reserve A. Just want to make sure I don't screw it up or something.

Reaction score
OK so, generally speaking, it's an easy subject right ? Not much of a hassle ? I'm thinking of giving it this Oct/Nov just to be sure that if I mess up Urdu, I'll still have a reserve A. Just want to make sure I don't screw it up or something.

Don't worry too much about Urdu. Just keep it simple and try to make as few mistakes as possible (don't over complicate it).
Believe me, my Urdu is horrible, I still got an A.
Talking about Urdu (Second Language) here.

Reaction score
Don't worry too much about Urdu. Just keep it simple and try to make as few mistakes as possible (don't over complicate it).
Believe me, my Urdu is horrible, I still got an A.
Talking about Urdu (Second Language) here.

I have Urdu A. Yay! Nabeel.Ahmad Will probably try to start soon. By the way, do you have any idea when's the last date for registration ? My friend says Monday's the deadline but he's not sure.

Reaction score
I have Urdu A. Yay! Nabeel.Ahmad Will probably try to start soon. By the way, do you have any idea when's the last date for registration ? My friend says Monday's the deadline but he's not sure.

I had Urdu A - dropped it.
I'll start it probably somewhere in September. :/
I think it's after 13th August. The forms will be released on the 13th of August.

Reaction score

And what do you plan on doing with this additional A? An A*/A in EM in Pakistan is useless and an A in Urdu outside Pakistan is useless so unless you want to go out of Pakistan, in which case your focus should not be on Urdu anyway, I'd say it's a useless added A. Sure it'll bring your total from, say 7 to 8, but that's about it. Heck, even Urdu is useless inside Pakistan. Its grade is not seen while you get your IBCC Equivalence, so in essence, getting an A is only as good as getting a D. You jsut need to pass the exam. The grade is immaterial.

Nonetheless, EM is an extremely easy subject, even if you don't like it.
I'm one of those who hated the subject (the book, that is) and couldn't study. I read the first 40 pages before hopelessly giving up. I started again 2 days before my P1 (P1 + P2 were on successive days) I tried reading the book again, but realized it was useless. Read each of the 4 chapter summaries twice and moved on to the past papers. Did about 3 papers each in total and read 5 more marking schemes and that's it.

That said, I will not suggest you do the same. Had my paper asked for the stuff I didn't already know/find out using the summaries, I'd have been doomed.
P1 requires more knowledge, P2 is generally very simple (and fun too). It's mostly about using your brain in P2 than EM itself. My EM P2 was more Biology than Geography.

Reaction score
And what do you plan on doing with this additional A? An A*/A in EM in Pakistan is useless and an A in Urdu outside Pakistan is useless so unless you want to go out of Pakistan, in which case your focus should not be on Urdu anyway, I'd say it's a useless added A. Sure it'll bring your total from, say 7 to 8, but that's about it. Heck, even Urdu is useless inside Pakistan. Its grade is not seen while you get your IBCC Equivalence, so in essence, getting an A is only as good as getting a D. You jsut need to pass the exam. The grade is immaterial.

Nonetheless, EM is an extremely easy subject, even if you don't like it.
I'm one of those who hated the subject (the book, that is) and couldn't study. I read the first 40 pages before hopelessly giving up. I started again 2 days before my P1 (P1 + P2 were on successive days) I tried reading the book again, but realized it was useless. Read each of the 4 chapter summaries twice and moved on to the past papers. Did about 3 papers each in total and read 5 more marking schemes and that's it.

That said, I will not suggest you do the same. Had my paper asked for the stuff I didn't already know/find out using the summaries, I'd have been doomed.
P1 requires more knowledge, P2 is generally very simple (and fun too). It's mostly about using your brain in P2 than EM itself. My EM P2 was more Biology than Geography.

AbbbbY Wait, I thought our Equivalence is calculated on the basis of our grades in the 8 subjects we initially take. Do you mean to tell me that my grade in Urdu (A) will have absolutely no effect on my equivalence ? Confused o_O

Reaction score
I had Urdu A - dropped it.
I'll start it probably somewhere in September. :/
I think it's after 13th August. The forms will be released on the 13th of August.

13 August ? Wha.... ? Our school is pestering us to fill the forms by Monday ? Are you sure we have till 13th August ?

Reaction score
ive been banging my head with EM and the only thing i can say it is much better and easier than geo
havent gone to PP yet

Reaction score
AbbbbY Wait, I thought our Equivalence is calculated on the basis of our grades in the 8 subjects we initially take. Do you mean to tell me that my grade in Urdu (A) will have absolutely no effect on my equivalence ? Confused o_O

Neither Urdu A, nor Urdu B, or Pakstudies and Islamiyat.

5 O levels + 3 A Levels. All majors.
You need to have passed either of the two Urdu's, Pakstudies and Islamiyat though.

Reaction score
Neither Urdu A, nor Urdu B, or Pakstudies and Islamiyat.

5 O levels + 3 A Levels. All majors.
You need to have passed either of the two Urdu's, Pakstudies and Islamiyat though.

I can't believe I missed that. Thanks a bunch. (y)