• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

environmental management oct 2013

Reaction score
I made a bargraph today . A friend told me that the question demanded to draw a line graph. I dont really remember this. Any idea about which graph we had to draw?

its ok still you will get 3 marks if you have labelled te axis made proper plots and gave orientation however the final mark will be deducted.

Reaction score
do we have to?
cuz i don't find the questions in the book regarding case studies useful i am confused

The main thing is the interpretation of case studies which are given by john pallister himself in the paper. Its not necessary that he gives the case studies in paper that he gave in his book. The first thing is that you should revise the whole syllabus matrix and then start by past papers. In this paper, time management is the very basic thing, You have to attempt the section A in 40 mins Section B in 80 Mins and then leave 15 minutes for revising. As today's paper was comparatively easy, im expecting paper 1 to be a little bit technical and difficult.

Reaction score
Guys, the paper went epicly awesome, Alhamdulillah. :'D
We are indeed lucky and blessed that the case study was on Pakistan. :D

And for all those who couldn't do well in this paper, keep hopes high and prepare well for Paper1.

Reaction score
did u solve case studies from book for paper 1
cuz i don't find the questions in the book regarding case studies useful i am confused[/quote]
you dont need to solve case studies because any case study can come..you just should have the idea of how to interpret your information and how to explain it to the examiner..
all the best..

Reaction score
The main thing is the interpretation of case studies which are given by john pallister himself in the paper. Its not necessary that he gives the case studies in paper that he gave in his book. The first thing is that you should revise the whole syllabus matrix and then start by past papers. In this paper, time management is the very basic thing, You have to attempt the section A in 40 mins Section B in 80 Mins and then leave 15 minutes for revising. As today's paper was comparatively easy, im expecting paper 1 to be a little bit technical and difficult.

okay, thanks :)
today's paper was easy? i don't think so. i want to kill myself

Reaction score
I made a bargraph today . A friend told me that the question demanded to draw a line graph. I dont really remember this. Any idea about which graph we had to draw?

I guess the examiner demands a bar graph see my posts on Page 8 on this thread for the proof. Sorry, I cant post them again for my PC is getting slow :/

Reaction score
Hey guys how was coal dust effecting the growth of plants why is its growth slow?

sunlight is blocked from reaching the chlorophyll in the leaves, and transpiration rate will be more because coal absorbs heat and will cause higher temperature to the plant after it is exposed to sunlight.

Reaction score
Well thats a relief. Thanks :)
Otherwise the exam went well.

Sorry to say, though I am not sure, but when a bar chart can be accepted its written in the marking Scheme, and up till now I have found just one case for this.

Reaction score
Hi, Everybody.

I have some ambiguities regarding the EM Paper 2 yesterday.

1). In the first question, I wrote that the crop's contribution to the GDP decreased most. I gave the reason that due to the growth of services sector more people are employed in that. Then in the next part, I wrote that the fish contribution to the GDP decreased the least because people involved in fishing have nothing else to do. They are unskilled. Is my reasoning correct, what was the probably correct answer?
2). In the graph part, I only mentioned that the production of milk has increased in the part questions below. I didn't mention the whole trend because it was worth just 1 mark and I thought it would be too much for this type question. Am I wrong?

Thanks. :) in advance!

Reaction score
Hi, Everybody.

I have some ambiguities regarding the EM Paper 2 yesterday.

1). In the first question, I wrote that the crop's contribution to the GDP decreased most. I gave the reason that due to the growth of services sector more people are employed in that. Then in the next part, I wrote that the fish contribution to the GDP decreased the least because people involved in fishing have nothing else to do. They are unskilled. Is my reasoning correct, what was the probably correct answer?
2). In the graph part, I only mentioned that the production of milk has increased in the part questions below. I didn't mention the whole trend because it was worth just 1 mark and I thought it would be too much for this type question. Am I wrong?

Thanks. :) in advance!

As far as your first questi0n is concerned the choices u made are correct. Crops decreased the most due to the fact that Pakistan is a developing country and is shifting production from Primary to Secondary(Industrial) sector. Fishing decreased the least because pakistan has a 1600 kms long coastline so it has much potential for fishing. Demand for fishing or nutritional efficiency are other acceptable causes.

In the second question it was better to give comparative figures as otherwise the examiner may consider the answer as too vague or general. However, hope for the best. Wish you all good luck for Paper 1 on 25th. forget paper 2 focus on paper 1 only.

Reaction score
As far as your first questi0n is concerned the choices u made are correct. Crops decreased the most due to the fact that Pakistan is a developing country and is shifting production from Primary to Secondary(Industrial) sector. Fishing decreased the least because pakistan has a 1600 kms long coastline so it has much potential for fishing. Demand for fishing or nutritional efficiency are other acceptable causes.

In the second question it was better to give comparative figures as otherwise the examiner may consider the answer as too vague or general. However, hope for the best. Wish you all good luck for Paper 1 on 25th. forget paper 2 focus on paper 1 only.

omg :'( :( my choices were crops and forestry.
i want to die.