• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Exams exams everywhere - some tips to ace them!

Reaction score
Salam all .....
My CIE O level Exams are Coming and I need Some Tips about How can I score Good Marks in Pak Studies and Islamiat
I am In Great Tension and Looking for Help
Thanx
May God Bless

Reaction score
When I revise Something The Next Day I feel That I have Forgoten all ....
This Is the Problem that I have at the time
But i want You all people To give me some Good Tips
Thanx

Reaction score
Salam all .....
My CIE O level Exams are Coming and I need Some Tips about How can I score Good Marks in Pak Studies and Islamiat
I am In Great Tension and Looking for Help
Thanx
May God Bless

For Pak. St and Isl (although I have not taken these exams till now, intending for them in Jun 2014) my brother says to just take the past papers solve them an compare with the marking schemes not with the available solved past papers!

Reaction score
t
Hi and Salam buddies! :giggle:

Here I am again, like old times, welcoming you to a journey of techniques, tips and success in the world of exams. You may call these my secrets, tips taken from Newton’s closet or extraction of intellect from the ones whose names you have read on the Hall of Fames of CIE/Edexcel/OCR/AQA/Blah Blah. :p

Also, you guys may sit in the company of distinction holders, burn all your calories in libraries reading every single chapter of all the books available, but what I’m going to tell you here is something you won’t find anywhere. :D

Fact: Exams have never been easier to take and it takes a nerve of steel and razor-sharp brain to get through them. So if you have already taken these exams, salutes to your courage. :p

Read on and be enlightened for I have worked very hard (like always) on these tactics and techniques, and I’m sure they will help you achieve those awesome grades you’ve always wished to get:

• The first basic rule – STUDY. You study, you get your desired grades. As simple as that. No rocket science here. But the key thing here is: don’t over-study. Give your eyes some rest when they feel heavy. And this does not mean that you go to your washroom and throw some freezing water into them and resume your study again. NO. Just switch on the Tv, take a book maybe, or turn on your laptop and watch something good and relaxing. A football match, maybe? Always works for me!
  • " Do good and good will follow. " Simple yet very true. Be extremely generous (esp. at this time of the year). Give your notes, the good book that only you have in the whole school to the person you hate the most in your class. This will raise your soul, and will help you study more.
  • Another thing that works for me: Before starting the all-dreary preparation, just spread all the books you have on your table. Not literally, but don’t try to put every book, eraser and pen back into its place every time you finish your study. This will get you in the study mood and will help you stay awake.
  • A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. So no diet scene, okay? (for the ladies here)
  • Keep putting yourself through the toughest test you can while preparing. YOU CANNOT GO EASY ON YOURSELF DURING YOUR PREPARATION. This will help you identify your weak areas, so you can start working on them from day 1.
  • Refresh your time management skills. You should at least be able to put unproductive time during the day towards your desired goal (AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THAT DESIRED GOAL).
  • And then there are some sacrifices. In these two months of preparation (maybe three months, if you count the exam-month), you must be prepared to sacrifice, to forego family occasions, to skip your favourite television programme (sometimes), to read your course books rather than magazines. Because without sacrifices, there is no reward.
  • If you forget everything you’ve learned on the paper day, don’t forget to drop your pen near someone’s desk (someone smart). Just kidding. :p Always be self-sufficient. :)
  • Avoid high expectations. With no pressure, the desired result would be a lot easier to achieve.
  • Keep smiling. A smile/laugh activates many beneficial chemicals within the body that place us into a very happy state. Plus, it's a charity too.
  • And finally, if you fail to achieve what you've aimed for, be a MASTER INTERPRETER in that situation. Interpret that failure as a positive experience. There are no negative experiences, only experiences which aid in your development and toughen your character so that you may soar to new heights. In a nutshell, there are no failures, only lessons.
  • Finally, ALWAYS remember the power of Prayer. Pray five times a day. Pray as much nafal prayers as you can.
I hope these tips help you in your exam-preparations. Give your ideas too. I'll add them in my tips (if they are good, ofc. :p)

All the best!

( The author is currently preparing for his exams too, so wish him luck and pray for him )

P.S Thanks to abcde for reminding me to write these tips, and encouraging me by saying that people actually like them. :D
thnx they are quite good really helps

Reaction score
Hi and Salam buddies! :giggle:

Here I am again, like old times, welcoming you to a journey of techniques, tips and success in the world of exams. You may call these my secrets, tips taken from Newton’s closet or extraction of intellect from the ones whose names you have read on the Hall of Fames of CIE/Edexcel/OCR/AQA/Blah Blah. :p

Also, you guys may sit in the company of distinction holders, burn all your calories in libraries reading every single chapter of all the books available, but what I’m going to tell you here is something you won’t find anywhere. :D

Fact: Exams have never been easier to take and it takes a nerve of steel and razor-sharp brain to get through them. So if you have already taken these exams, salutes to your courage. :p

Read on and be enlightened for I have worked very hard (like always) on these tactics and techniques, and I’m sure they will help you achieve those awesome grades you’ve always wished to get:

• The first basic rule – STUDY. You study, you get your desired grades. As simple as that. No rocket science here. But the key thing here is: don’t over-study. Give your eyes some rest when they feel heavy. And this does not mean that you go to your washroom and throw some freezing water into them and resume your study again. NO. Just switch on the Tv, take a book maybe, or turn on your laptop and watch something good and relaxing. A football match, maybe? Always works for me!
  • " Do good and good will follow. " Simple yet very true. Be extremely generous (esp. at this time of the year). Give your notes, the good book that only you have in the whole school to the person you hate the most in your class. This will raise your soul, and will help you study more.
  • Another thing that works for me: Before starting the all-dreary preparation, just spread all the books you have on your table. Not literally, but don’t try to put every book, eraser and pen back into its place every time you finish your study. This will get you in the study mood and will help you stay awake.
  • A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. So no diet scene, okay? (for the ladies here)
  • Keep putting yourself through the toughest test you can while preparing. YOU CANNOT GO EASY ON YOURSELF DURING YOUR PREPARATION. This will help you identify your weak areas, so you can start working on them from day 1.
  • Refresh your time management skills. You should at least be able to put unproductive time during the day towards your desired goal (AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THAT DESIRED GOAL).
  • And then there are some sacrifices. In these two months of preparation (maybe three months, if you count the exam-month), you must be prepared to sacrifice, to forego family occasions, to skip your favourite television programme (sometimes), to read your course books rather than magazines. Because without sacrifices, there is no reward.
  • If you forget everything you’ve learned on the paper day, don’t forget to drop your pen near someone’s desk (someone smart). Just kidding. :p Always be self-sufficient. :)
  • Avoid high expectations. With no pressure, the desired result would be a lot easier to achieve.
  • Keep smiling. A smile/laugh activates many beneficial chemicals within the body that place us into a very happy state. Plus, it's a charity too.
  • And finally, if you fail to achieve what you've aimed for, be a MASTER INTERPRETER in that situation. Interpret that failure as a positive experience. There are no negative experiences, only experiences which aid in your development and toughen your character so that you may soar to new heights. In a nutshell, there are no failures, only lessons.
  • Finally, ALWAYS remember the power of Prayer. Pray five times a day. Pray as much nafal prayers as you can.
I hope these tips help you in your exam-preparations. Give your ideas too. I'll add them in my tips (if they are good, ofc. :p)

All the best!

( The author is currently preparing for his exams too, so wish him luck and pray for him )

P.S Thanks to abcde for reminding me to write these tips, and encouraging me by saying that people actually like them. :D

i know you guys might find it funny but a friend of mine told me that by watching pictures of kittens before you start studying helps you study better as it enhances endorphines!!:p
peace and i hope this helps!!:D

Reaction score
i know you guys might find it funny but a friend of mine told me that by watching pictures of kittens before you start studying helps you study better as it enhances endorphines!!:p

amazing
ill give it a try :p

Reaction score
talking about sacrifices i remember last year when my exams were just 2 months far my family planed a cinema film and the hardest thing was to refuse them when they asked and watching them go...........i still fell it:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
but i received my reward,as Nibz said(without sacrifices there will be no reward),in the form of As

Reaction score
someone please suggest me a biology female teacher who teaches in jeddah.. i need one very urgently only practising past papers...

Reaction score
someone please suggest me a biology female teacher who teaches in jeddah.. i need one very urgently only practising past papers...

Reaction score
Hy every one I wanna to ask one thing: what if you write an essay of more then 5oo words and (additional words around 175) in enlish language 1123 paper.Would the examiner penalized you and how many marks will be deducted. And if your story is of high level then what?plz help me!!!!!!!!!!and answer as early as possible.....plz

Reaction score
wah wah!!!!! :p
Love is blind, they said.
Friendship is also blind, they never said :p

Reaction score
hey i need notes of urdu B like the format of paper,report,lettter etc....... can some1 help me ASAP

Reaction score
اَللّٰهُمَّ اَخْرِجْنِيْ مِنْ ظُلُمَاتِ الْوَهْمِ وَ اَكْرِمْنِيْ بِنُوْرِ الْفَهْمِ

اَللّٰهُمَّ افْتَحْ عَلَيْنَا اَبْوَابَ رَحْمَتِكَ وَ انْشُرْ عَلَيْنَا خَزَآئِنَ

عُلُوْمِكَ بِرَحْمَتِكَ يَا اَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِيْنَ
للَّهُمَّ انْفَعْنِي بِمَا عَلَّمْـتَنِي وَ عَلِّمْنِي مَا يَنْفَعُنِي

.اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ فَهْمَ النَّ بِيِّينَ وَ حِفْظَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ الْمُقَرَّبِينَ

اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْ لِسَانِي عَامِرًا بِذِكْرِكَ وَ قَلْبِي بِخَشْيَتِك. .

َ.إِنَّكَ عَلَى مَا تَشَاءُ قَدِيرٌ وَ أَنْتَ حَسْـبُنَا اللَّهُ وَ نِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ
للَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهَمِّ وَ الْحَزَنِ

وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ العَجْزِ وَ الْكَسَلِ

وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْجُبْنِ وَ الْبُخْلِ

وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ غَلَبَةِ الدَّيْنِ و قَهْرِ الرجال
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْتَوْدِعُكَ مَا قَرأتُ وَمَا حَفَظْتُ، فَرُضُهُ عَليّ عِنْدَ حَاجَتِي إِلَيهِ، إِنّكَ عَلى مَا تَشَاءُ قَدِيرُ وَأَنْتَ حَسْبِي وَنِعْمَ الوَكِيل
اللَّهُمَّ لاَ سَهْلاً إِلّاَ مَا جَعَلّتَهٌ سَهْلاً وَأَنّتَ تَجّعَلَ الحَزَنَ إِذَا شِئتَ سَهْلاً​
Read all of this daily, i can say?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest

Reaction score
hey i need notes of urdu B like the format of paper,report,lettter etc....... can some1 help me ASAP
the format of urdu papers i like the following

Mazmun: First para introduction of the topic, second para the bullet points given and the last para as ikhtatam. Note: you can make a new para for each bullet point and word shoub be 150

Letter: you have to write the address date, salutations (this all should be at the right handside of the page) and name like "Mere pyare abba jaan " iin the center of the page. then continue how u write the letter..200 words minimum and paragraphs should be there..at last ur mukhlis.."Aap ka farma bardar beta/beti"

Taqreer: Its the same how we say in English.. Mein aaj bahut khus hai ki mein aap ke saamne is mouzu' par taqreer dene ka mauqa mil raha hai..continue then

Report: You have to start like something very imaginary..refer urdu newspapers and its the same

Translation: You are supposed to read the whole sentence and translate before writing..This has a wide scope of gaining full marks..Use specific words only where needed...Hope it helps.. Let me know if u want more help!! GOOD LUCK ;-J