• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Exams

Reaction score
Guess Whos Back?

Yes im back for November/October Exams, im doing ICT , Arabic O level (edexcel) and resit Chemistry.

Rules
Code:
1- You may discuss the exam only after 24h of taking it.
2- You may share Hints, and ways to practice.
3- You may not share any info about the exam before it unless you have a licences  to do it.
4- No Spaming, this includes double posting

ICT

Paper 2 14/10/2010 :- Was EASY, doing May/June 2010 REALLY HELPED, so i guess paper 3 will be the same? (NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THIS PAPER FOR ME +D)

Paper 3 23/10/2010 :- WAS EASY, got 2 things wrong =[ , but im pretty sure thats all i got wrong so im aiming for the A* =D wish me luck =p

Paper 1 28/10/2010 :- NO IDEA.. just study well get B/A and im sure its A (if your good at practical =D)

Chemistry

Paper 6 26/10/2010 ;- DO ALOT AND I MEAN ALOT OF PAST PAPERS.. you dont want to end like me and do a resit =p, study all the reactions taken and stuff like this, plus make sure to know the ppt stuff =p.

Paper 3 :- Hardest paper, study alot, DONT MISS ANY INFORMATION ESP ABOUT MOLES.

Paper 1 :- Easiest paper, good luck all with it.

Hints :- Chemistry , do all papers available at xtremepapers chemistry section (paper 6) and you should A's that test =D

Reaction score
Prepare a Plan for writing , and do not be tempted to do the writing first since the reading comprehension is meant to warm you up and remind you of things that you will use in writing , and divide the exam into parts and give each part time to complete it , like a 3.45 minutes for each of the comprehension , and 15 minutes for writing each of the summary , the letter ( whether descriptive/advice/narrative/descriptive narrative ) and the article , and look at what style/register you will be writing about , an informal letter , a newspaper article , and so on.

About the summary , remember to list the points in a logical order and expressing them using your own words , and always check if you need to use a function , all of that while using formal register AND do NOT exceed number of words asked for NOR write an introduction

Pay attention to your spelling , punctuation , grammar and general presentation.

You could say I made a combo studying , and copied a bit from my book :)

Psst , I think this topic should be stickied , so that everyone could get a useful combination of tips for all exams.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, and for the sticky =D i hope a Admin sees this. anyway i edited my first post =D

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for sticking it , PlanetMaster , ZaidOwns , I think we need to "accumulate" more tips ¬¬ Since I really need to follow some ... anyone knows a summary about English Writing ways or something like that ( the descriptive narrative persuasive noidea'ive things. )?

Reaction score
it is truly hard to get A* only 5 people each year get it in our school. you need to read, practice and write as much as you can, also reading dictionary for powerful words could help you.

Reaction score
same here,last year only 2 people got A* in our school.Is your vocabulary needs to be very good for it coz mines is not something super though I have alhamdulilah no grammatical problems but i dont read any newspaper or dictionary!Can I expect an A at least?

Reaction score
how strange..!!! in our school about 15 people got an A*. i think that if u do well in the writing bit then u would be able to get a high grade!

Reaction score
still 15 out of what, 100 lol, anyway if you are any good at listenning, you will prob get a A as for me, im aming for 3 A* and 3 A,s not gonna hurt if i got A* in english.

Reaction score
my teacher says i am the fastest in solving th exam (30 mins) without writing and getting all correct, but at writting i suck ass, so i read some papers and dictionary so as to improove, i always get listnenning 36/36

Reaction score
I did some papers but in each i lost 2-3 marks but in one i got 35 too.hope to get 36 in the finals

Reaction score
Okay , I will try my skills here...

Nowadays , many students were introduced to chatting on the internet which has a vital effect on spoiling the English language , as a result of the youth getting used to chatting slangs and new unorganised ways of composition were invented , I believe that chatting should not be only blamed , there are many other reasons as well.

First of All , chatting involves people from all over the world including some who has learnt the English language from music and television shows , because of this invasion the youth meet people who chat on the internet with unorganised grammar and English , and instead of reading articles they concentrate on improving their unusual English using words from various slangs and their speaking language is also affected.

Another reason is the numerous amount of unstructured articles appear in other countries' magazines , this means that the readerins will gain poor language , and this reflects on the global society moreover some started teaching this poor langauge which emphasises the problem and enlarges it.

To sum up , in my opinion we should not use chatting language or what we call "naturally gained English" in our (IGCSE) exams also we have to remove these pests from their roots , by teaching them the true English language because they take part in non-evolutionary modernisation.

What do you think? :) 2 hours till exam and I wrote all that just to give one tip , :) in 10 minutes ..

Reaction score
yeah..the exam was very easy..i had plenty of time left, about half an hour havig a sleep lol!! hope that listening exam is easy =D

Reaction score
i finished it in 45mins no lie =D it was cool, lol hope chemestry will be as easy as this

Reaction score
For chemistry , Focus on the Separation of compounds and colours , and how to know that the Solution in the beaker contains compound X or Element X by adding something.