• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Food And Nutrition Discussion

Reaction score
Since there is no one posting on this topic...i thought i should....so anyone with doubts about f&n .... come here!! :)

Reaction score
Hey Anyone

i am not sure if i have to study yogurt, additives, cream, gelatine, sugars and sweetners, nutritional labelling, food intolerence and religious groups.
Our teacher was like they are not in the syllabus (she didnt give the syllabus to us either).
i checked the syllabus but hardly anything is there....a whole section of it is gone! most of the chapter 3 (from Anita Tull's book) is not there and so isnt chapter 4....and most of the questions come from there. :S not sure about those topics i mentioned above...so if anyone else taking F&N seeing this,,, please help me out.

BR,
Xenarra

Reaction score
i think you should study only yogurt making and additives . a yogurt question came up in 2010 .

Reaction score
Alpha45

are you taking F&N??
ok so no cream and all the other stuff? goody!!

BR,
Xenarra

Reaction score
hmm..so i guess no one has doubts in F&N (or maybe no one takes F&N here)

good luck anyways ^_^

Reaction score
what exactly should we study. im planning on just doin past papers. if you have some notes could u please attach. thanks

Reaction score
snoman0 said:
what exactly should we study. im planning on just doin past papers. if you have some notes could u please attach. thanks

doing just past papers wont help aloottt...i am studying mainly from the book (anita tull)
my teacher made us write notes based on the Mark scheme she just formatted it into better sentences...so yea studying from book is pretty good :)

Reaction score
snoman0 said:
is the long 15 mark question still there or has it been removed??
its always gonna be there -.-
i bet its gonna be on Eggs, Fats and oils, preservation and spoilage, meal planning or fruits and vegetables.. :S

Reaction score
Xenarra said:
snoman0 said:
i bet its gonna be on Eggs, Fats and oils, preservation and spoilage, meal planning or fruits and vegetables.. :S
its always on meal planning. so i dont think it will be on that.

Reaction score
snoman0 said:
Xenarra said:
snoman0 said:
its always on meal planning. so i dont think it will be on that.
yeah i guess so...but still gotta learn that coz they give it on those 5 mark questions. X(

Reaction score
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

i just realized that this is a subject i thought ur talking about biology forgot what i said about what to study i dont even take this subject .........sorry

Reaction score
Hey snoman...ok since ur the only F&N person alive here check this question out...It does NOT make sense at all....
May june/09
question 10...

how can there be advantages and disadvantages of conduction and convection?! most probably CIE wanted the candidates of that year to choose number 9 -.-

Reaction score
Xenarra said:
Hey snoman...ok since ur the only F&N person alive here check this question out...It does NOT make sense at all....
May june/09
question 10...

how can there be advantages and disadvantages of conduction and convection?! most probably CIE wanted the candidates of that year to choose number 9 -.-
lol, yeah most probably. do u know any helpful sites for revision?