• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Football/Soccer anyone?

Tkp

Reaction score
Kaka with ozils sister
1147_635237816489440_1559662246_n.jpg

Reaction score
Well a long time no see to this thread... missed it so much but I had to study
So forgive me if I kindof go on about the prehistoric ages but still they matter to me...
Starting off by bidding farewell to the great Anfield legend, Jamie Carragher..
A picture speaks a thousand words... and this one just says so much as to what this great player meant to us Reds....

article-2326983-19DF59A4000005DC-969_634x346.jpg

A one club man for 17 years, vice captain of Liverpool for 10 years hung his boots after making 737 appearances for the Reds...
Good bye, Carra! And his void is already seeming impossible to fill! :(
Lets see whom we scoop this summer: Toby Alderweireld of Ajax or Kyraikos Papadopoulos of Schalke

Then there was the the Europa League Final... I wasnt interested in because there was Chelsea playing
But I really felt bad for the Benefica fans and players.. they gave a tough fight but a sad end!

And not to mention the CL finals.... Bayern was impeccable so were BVB ... but their defence was a bit leaky... However fantastic saves from both Neuer as well as the BVB keeper! It was a thrilling match and I was compelled to put away my books for this game! Can anyone talk enough about Robben... Fantastic goal!!! But the BVB fans were awesome (I love noisy fans) and I felt bad for them... But in the end the better team did deserve to win.... To sum it up ... the game was a fantastic epic CL final... (but for me the most epicest, wonderful CL final would be the CL 2005 final LFC vs AC Milan.... what a comeback by the Reds!)

And now the transfer season's ahead this summer .... Really interesting moves have already been made..
So glad Barca got Neymar!!!
And Bayern are monopolising football... Gotze, Lewandowski (unsure)...what else?!!!
And I have nothing to say for or against Falcao... Just glad he didnt make it to City or Chelsea...
City have secured Jesus Navas...
Liverpool also got Kolo Toure (free transfer) and supposedly colsing in on Iago Aspas and Luis Alberto!
However the prime focus this summer is going to be on Liverpool's Luis Suarez, Napoli's Edinson Cavani ( I wish he just stays put at Napoli), Rooney and who can forget Gareth Bale ...
Whatever it is with these guys... their current clubs will benefit either from sale or by keeping them... Money or the player.... Lets see how events turn out this summer...
And Mourinho returns... So very annoying yet it will be interesting.... except for the Blues for whom it is the return of their Special One...
And Ronaldo could make a return to Man Utd..... Isnt it reminding us of the earlier seasons...?!!

Well all we can say that this transfer season is going to be phenomenal and the next EPL really relishing! Cant wait!

Reaction score
Mourinho seems to have gone crazy if rumours are to believed...
I agree if he wants to offload Torres... but what is with Mata and David Luiz... In all fairness one can say they two played a crucial role in Chelsea's games last season... Lets see who he wishes to bring in as replacement...
Well all the better for Barca then... Snap the duo up... especially Luiz... Would be great replacement for Puyol... and he too would like a Barca move as he once said..

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Well a long time no see to this thread... missed it so much but I had to study
So forgive me if I kindof go on about the prehistoric ages but still they matter to me...
Starting off by bidding farewell to the great Anfield legend, Jamie Carragher..
A picture speaks a thousand words... and this one just says so much as to what this great player meant to us Reds....

View attachment 28964

It's sad how he never got to wear a single BPL medal. He will surely be missed.

Reaction score
It's sad how he never got to wear a single BPL medal. He will surely be missed.

I know he got all titles except this one although he deserved it...
Anyways I hope its different for Stevie Gee.... I want him to retire winning one BPL title! Insha Allah!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thiago Alcantara would be a really good buy for just 18m..
common United, get that gem of a player.. even barca cant do anything if he wants to leave :D

Reaction score
Thiago Alcantara would be a really good buy for just 18m..
common United, get that gem of a player.. even barca cant do anything if he wants to leave :D

I think they will let him go and use the cash to fund the transfer of Mata or something like that...(according to reports)... I hope they get it done

Reaction score
I think they will let him go and use the cash to fund the transfer of Mata or something like that...(according to reports)... I hope they get it done

mata to barca looks highly unlikely.. mou will not sell his best player to any damn team in the world.. they'll get a defender.. probably koschielny (sorry for the spelling)

Reaction score
Anyone seen the prem league fixtures of nest season..
United have a rough ride right at the beginning... Chelsea, Liverpool and ManCity... Test for Moyes!
Liverpool's looks okayish but for the ManUtd fixture right at the beginning...

Anyways...
As for the transfers....
Liverpool should try and complete the Henrikh Mkhitaryan as soon as possible...
Plus I think Luis Alberto is on his way to Anfield as well...
And finally Carrol moves out... Big sigh of relief...

Now BR should focus on getting us som quality replacement for Carra!

Reaction score
mata to barca looks highly unlikely.. mou will not sell his best player to any damn team in the world.. they'll get a defender.. probably koschielny (sorry for the spelling)
Although it has been several days since I read these articles...
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/210564.html#
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/j...mata-as-well-as-luiz-and-torres-sunday-times/
I dont know true it is... But still I donot know if Mou has changed his mind..
I too believe Mata and Luiz are integral parts of Chelsea but who knows with Mou... he's weird...

Reaction score
Reaction score
Liverpool complete the signing of Luis Alberto.... I cant wait for Coutinho and him to link up!
And Carroll is finally out!

Reaction score
shrewd business done there by BR.. going in the correct direction towards the top 4..

waiting for thiago and strootman to be completed asap.. specially the thiago one so that barka dont tie him to a contract..
and hoping wazza stays...

---------- de gea----------------
rafael---evans-----vidic----evra/baines
--------strootman-carrick-------

now what do we do after this.. rooney looks likely to stay so he'll play in the ss/st role along with van persie..
now how do we fit in zaha/valencia along with kagawa/thiago coz kagawa and thiago need to be playted centre.. somone help me?