• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Football/Soccer anyone?

Reaction score
the same thing he was smoking when he spent 35m on carrol, 15m on hendo, 20m on downing and 10m on adam :p

I am not saying that the Liverpool owners are the best and are awesome….
They do have several flaws… like their delay in offering Stevie Gee a new contract, plus the splurges on some non productive players in earlier seasons…
Even though one can justify their buying of Carrol etc… as they were not at all into Football plus not in Europe, so the owners had zero experience… It was a major diversification/ conglomerate growth that they ventured into when they purchased LFC… And probably Carrol did seem a hot prospect at that time. And hey Henderson is improving and is arguably better.
But still they are way better than those really idiotic previous owners, who almost completely destroyed the club.
And now they are improving and learning… the transfers of late can show that… Coutinho, Aspas, Mignolet even Suarez…
And seriously when did you last hear of an owner risking to take to social media to express their attitude over such issues. Maybe some might call it silly and rash, others say the account was hacked, blah blah!
But still as an LFC fan, I take It is as a positive sign. At least they aren’t like Chelsea Roman who initially wanted to get rid of star players like Lampard. At least they value a good player (football only not considering ethics).
Really… I feel now Suarez has simply done it… Get rid of him after taking a huge sum of above 50 m. And get Soldado or Muriel. After everything LFC fans put up and stood by him after those antics, he yet has the guts to behave this way. The whole team is built around him. And what happened about the English media?
Agreed Arsenal are a good side, a bit better than LFC. Yes they are in the CL. But for them getting into the QF will be an over achievement. And in the EPL, this time LFC will give a tough fight.
And yeah even if Arsenal do get him, lets see how Wenger puts up with him. The clock’s ticking for the Gunners. They have until next week to increase their bid and finalize the deal.

Reaction score
Spanish newspaper Marca reported Gareth Bale as saying:
"You made me a promise. You promised me if we didn't qualify for the Champions League and a good offer turned up you'd listen to it,"
"Well that offer has arrived and I want to play for Real Madrid. So keep your word and negotiate.
"I'm not interested in Manchester United or any other club. I only want to play for Real Madrid."

Marca really needs to stop this. It's getting beyond the tolerance level.

Reaction score
I am not saying that the Liverpool owners are the best and are awesome….
They do have several flaws… like their delay in offering Stevie Gee a new contract, plus the splurges on some non productive players in earlier seasons…
Even though one can justify their buying of Carrol etc… as they were not at all into Football plus not in Europe, so the owners had zero experience… It was a major diversification/ conglomerate growth that they ventured into when they purchased LFC… And probably Carrol did seem a hot prospect at that time. And hey Henderson is improving and is arguably better.
But still they are way better than those really idiotic previous owners, who almost completely destroyed the club.
And now they are improving and learning… the transfers of late can show that… Coutinho, Aspas, Mignolet even Suarez…
And seriously when did you last hear of an owner risking to take to social media to express their attitude over such issues. Maybe some might call it silly and rash, others say the account was hacked, blah blah!
But still as an LFC fan, I take It is as a positive sign. At least they aren’t like Chelsea Roman who initially wanted to get rid of star players like Lampard. At least they value a good player (football only not considering ethics).
Really… I feel now Suarez has simply done it… Get rid of him after taking a huge sum of above 50 m. And get Soldado or Muriel. After everything LFC fans put up and stood by him after those antics, he yet has the guts to behave this way. The whole team is built around him. And what happened about the English media?
Agreed Arsenal are a good side, a bit better than LFC. Yes they are in the CL. But for them getting into the QF will be an over achievement. And in the EPL, this time LFC will give a tough fight.
And yeah even if Arsenal do get him, lets see how Wenger puts up with him. The clock’s ticking for the Gunners. They have until next week to increase their bid and finalize the deal.

dude take it as a joke!! even i know these american owners think epl is a market and nothing else.. glazers have been so bad for united and they've put us under so much debt.. and one of the main person responsible for bringing glazers to united is now the ceo of the club.
i think the person responsible for lfc's situation right now, atleast financial situation, is none other than kenny daglish.. BR has done a great job in bringing in good players without overpaying for them like coutinho and sturridge..

suarez is betraying the club now.. i mean im not allowed to use abuses here so i can't actually use the word right now. he owes so much to these fans who've stood by him everytime he did something wrong.. and this is just pathetic..

Reaction score
GUNDOGANNN
BEAST player!!!
as a united fan i want him at OT but as a neutral i don't want him to leave BVB!! he was everywhere.. covered every blade of grass!!

JURGREN KLOPP- sir, you are a GENIUS. best manager right now.. he's just tooooo goood!!

Reaction score
I simply loved this article! Sums up everything LFC fans have gone through with regards to the striker crisis!
http://live4liverpool.com/2013/07/v...z-a-betrayal-to-embrace-why-the-hurt-matters?

So it is United, LFC and the Spurs facing similar situations! All have declared Rooney, Saurez and Bale wont be sold but deals could be considered if the price is right.
What ever is wrong in football these days! Filled with greedy strikers with no sense of loyalty at all. This is pathetic... :(
Of all these three sagas, Suarez's choice of Arsenal is the dumbest.

Reaction score
Liverpool's pre season has gone fantastic!
The mobbing at Indonesia, the YNWA at MCG by 95000 fans in Australia and the tuk tuks in Thailand :p!! Purely sensational!!
The new boys: Aspas, Mignolet, Alberto and Toure have all been brilliant!
Aspas looks fantastic and thrilling whilst Mignolet is proving to be a great keeper already!
But the main highlight is Coutinho! He has been exceptionally brilliant!!!
This one has left Inter to probably regret their decision to sell him so cheap!
And skipper, Gerrard seems to back to his best!
Continue this against the EPL teams CONSISTENTLY, the top four dreams arent far away!

Just hate Suarez for dampening the positive vibe at LFC! Who is he to say that the new signings arent quality enough? Seriously they are cheap but very talented! They said similar stuff about BVB and look at what they accomplished. They were the finalist of the UCL!
Why dont you just speak out about what you want, Luis? Money! Why blame the English press and give excuses of the CL? Agreed the CL dream is genuine but with Arsenal! With Real I could say that is something but this is a joke....

BR get a centre back. Kolo is great but we need a long term solution! Papadopolous or Alderwederield! Mind you next season they are going to be double their present value!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Franck Ribery wins UEFA best player award. Well deserved.

Champions league draw:

Group A: Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Sociedad
Group B: Real Madrid, Juventus, Galatasaray, FC Copenhagen
Group C: Benfica, Paris St-Germain, Olympiakos, Anderlecht
Group D: Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow, Manchester City, Viktoria Plzen
Group E: Chelsea, Schalke, FC Basel, Steaua Bucharest
Group F: Arsenal, Marseille, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli
Group G: Porto, Atletico Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg, Austria Vienna
Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan, Ajax, Celtic

Reaction score
Liverpool 1 - 0 Manchester United. (Daniel Sturridge)
Fantastic performance by Agger. Deserves to be the Man of the Match. Kept RVP away. And not to forget the goal scorer birthday boy, Sturridge.
And Mignolet ... 3 clean sheets in 3 Premier League games.

David Moyes is jinxed. He'll never win at Anfield. :p

I know it is too early to come to any conclusions. But I am impressed with LFC. Thrice 1-0 , 1-0, 1-0 results and surprisingly all three goals from Sturridge. And for now we are at the top of the table .... Yayyy !!! Lets stick to it for as long as we can.
I hope Rodgers completes Sakho, Ilori and Moses signings. The transfer season had been extremely annoying for LFC fans. Silly Arsenal kept us occupied with their laughable bids for Suarez. And towards the latter part, all of our marquee targets were hijacked by Tottenham... I hope we get these three players fast before the Spurs annoy us again.

Manchester United and LFC Shall meet again at Old Trafford with Suarez probably returning from his ban on Saturday.
Lets see what happens.

YNWA!!!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Moyes: "I thought we played very well - probably the best we've played this season."
He has totally lost it.

In other news, Kaka has returned to AC Milan on free transfer. It's such a shame that Real Madrid always signs these young talented footballers out of greed and then leave them on bench or reserves.
Gareth Bale is about to do the same; apparently, he has signed for a record fee of €100m (£91m, perhaps). Not worth it, but oh well. To me, it's just a riposte of Barcelona's signing of Neymar.
£48.6m for Neymar (21 year-old) and £91m for Bale (24-year-old). Haha, what a joke. a r

Also, Samuel Etto has signed for Chelsea on free transfer.

Reaction score
Liverpool complete the signings of Sakho from PSG and Tiago Ilori from Sporting Lisbon. Quality addition to our defense. And so the long term Carra replacement problem seems solved.
BR needs to get one more player... a winger to replace Downing. Victor Moses on a season long loan looks very likely.
Finger crossed about Suarez. I hate Real and Arsenal....