• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

For all those complaining about your grades and CIE..

Reaction score
Listen up , and listen close.

I got 6 A*s in O levels, and pretty much was shocked out of my mind when I saw my AS result. 3 Cs and a U. Now I'm not going to go around saying that CIE messed up the marking, or that the marking was extremely tough because I know quite a few people who obtained at least 3 As.

Lets be honest and ask ourselves, did we give it our all? I know for a fact that I didn't. I screwed up big time this year and ignored all the advice I received. I brushed off my duties as a student and slacked off more then I should have. Even so, these weren't the grades I expected, but I can't blame anyone but myself.

So for everyone complaining, question yourself before you question others. Did you play no role? If that's the case then I would go straight for a re-check . If not, consider it as a wake up call and get your life back on track. That's what I'll be doing for sure. These next few months building up to retakes may as well be hell, I may have no social life, but I'm determined more then ever to obtain the grades I know I deserve.

It won't be easy, but hey; life never is. Chin up.
Smile a bit x)

Reaction score
Listen up , and listen close.

I got 6 A*s in O levels, and pretty much was shocked out of my mind when I saw my AS result. 3 Cs and a U. Now I'm not going to go around saying that CIE messed up the marking, or that the marking was extremely tough because I know quite a few people who obtained at least 3 As.

Lets be honest and ask ourselves, did we give it our all? I know for a fact that I didn't. I screwed up big time this year and ignored all the advice I received. I brushed off my duties as a student and slacked off more then I should have. Even so, these weren't the grades I expected, but I can't blame anyone but myself.

So for everyone complaining, question yourself before you question others. Did you play no role? If that's the case then I would go straight for a re-check . If not, consider it as a wake up call and get your life back on track. That's what I'll be doing for sure. These next few months building up to retakes may as well be hell, I may have no social life, but I'm determined more then ever to obtain the grades I know I deserve.

It won't be easy, but hey; life never is. Chin up.
Smile a bit x)
You are a legend.

Reaction score
I agree. I'm finding it rather annoying how most disappointed student on this forum are jumping to blame CIE for their circumstances rather than evaluating themselves first. I understand their disappointment, but I firmly believe that taking personal responsibility is part of maturity. I personally find this 'petition' to CIE that's just cropped up to be absolutely laughable.

I really pushed myself this year and achieved A*A*A*A , as did many others on this forum whom also achieved similarly high grades.

Reaction score
listen guys I gave my A levels and i am disappointed with my result. If you were giving your A levels you guys would think the same because most people going to universities got conditional offers which is they need to secure required grade so they already pushed for their best and got a bad outcome. Who's fault ?

Reaction score
listen guys I gave my A levels and i am disappointed with my result. If you were giving your A levels you guys would think the same because most people going to universities got conditional offers which is they need to secure required grade so they already pushed for their best and got a bad outcome. Who's fault ?

I know exactly how you feel: I had an offer this year from the University of Cambridge (which was conditional on my achievement of A*AA at A level).

With regards to who's fault it is, the answer is no one's. As harsh as it sounds, if you didn't meet your offer (even though you worked at your maximum potential), then unfortunately you simply don't make the cut. The whole point of the conditional offer is to prove that you're capable of studying at that particular University - if you don't meet the offer, you don't have the capacity to study at that University.

Sorry for being blunt, but that's all I can say.

Reaction score
this is all bullshit i know i did better and desserve better i absolutely do i spent a year and i thought that i might get a bad grade so i worked to achieve a better result nd i was positive in the papers thart i have and all of the fkin sudden i get ungraded and E IN ALL MY SUBJECTS THATS BULLSHIT ND IMPOSSIB;E I BLAME CIE FOR THIS ND ALL THOSE WHO DONT AGRREE ---------- WORKED ND WORKED AND GET AN E GRADES IN ALL SUBKJKECTS THASTS IMPSOOOSIBLE GOD DAMNI IT I ASKED MY SELF REPEATEDLY DID IDID THIS BAD ND THE DAMN ANSWER IS HELKLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reaction score
Right guys. The situation in Bangladesh is pretty much similar. People expecting A* s often ended with Bs and those anticipating A s often with C s .Then again, if the result seemed harsh on you, it must've went harsh on everybody else right? If checkin is made more stringent, everyone suffered out, which balanced the ultimate outcome. I managed to pull off all 6 A* somehow.

Reaction score
Well how yould you feel if you put the same amount of effort but ended up with only 2Ds 2Es and a U? Wen u found all the exams extremely easy and ended up with grades that dont male sense?
Thats why i post this petition everywhere for people who know they deserve better. Because they have worked for it
Guys Please Sign this petention Formally requsting CIE To re-evaluate the As and A level papers
http://www.change.org/en-IN/petitio...heck-and-re-grade-as-and-a-level-papers#share this link is the only hope in changing our grades share it with your friends.
I agree. I'm finding it rather annoying how most disappointed student on this forum are jumping to blame CIE for their circumstances rather than evaluating themselves first. I understand their disappointment, but I firmly believe that taking personal responsibility is part of maturity. I personally find this 'petition' to CIE that's just cropped up to be absolutely laughable.

I really pushed myself this year and achieved A*A*A*A , as did many others on this forum whom also achieved similarly high grades.

Reaction score
Its very easy for you guys to talk and to be frigging legendary, huh, if only you were in our shoes, we here are no dorks who think that they worked for a C grade and now expecting a frigging A. Congratulations that you guys got As or A*s that's your luck that you didn't end up in a ditch. I ve checked all the marking schemes and I am no way seeing anywhere close I can fall to a C grade. If you find it hilarious that we are blaming CIE then go and wash your faces and face the fact that you can be a victim too sooner or later, lucky goofy. A student knows what he deserves I have never heard a C grade student saying that he will surely secure A grade.

Reaction score
Its very easy for you guys to talk and to be frigging legendary, huh, if only you were in our shoes, we here are no dorks who think that they worked for a C grade and now expecting a frigging A. Congratulations that you guys got As or A*s that's your luck that you didn't end up in a ditch. I ve checked all the marking schemes and I am no way seeing anywhere close I can fall to a C grade. If you find it hilarious that we are blaming CIE then go and wash your faces and face the fact that you can be a victim too sooner or later, lucky goofy. A student knows what he deserves I have never heard a C grade student saying that he will surely secure A grade.

We are in your shoes, we expected higher grades then the ones we received. You're just under the impression that you worked harder then everyone else. Everyone has their own definition of hard work and you can't go around judging others when you don't know how much effort they did or didn't put. I was never a C grade student as I mentioned in my first post. Although, unlike you I admit it's my fault and not CIEs. If you'd read my post more carefully as I requested you'd notice that I said for those students who are certain they did not make any mistakes ( ex: You as you say you 'checked' the mark scheme and found no error ) should get their papers rechecked. Considering you think you made absolutely NO mistake. Either that or you're not as smart as you think. That seems like the only logical solution to me.

Rather then log on to an online forum and yell at people for not understanding your situation and calling others names, I'd suggest trying to pursue your problem in a more mature manner.

I'm impressed by how dedicated you are to improve your grades and help others at the same time. I mean no offence when I say this, but you should also look for a better way to improve YOUR grade YOURSELF. I highly doubt CIE will recheck every paper that they just finished marking a month ago. But if you're confident you can convince them to, then I'd start with fixing the small grammar mistakes in that letter. x)
I signed it, good luck; hope your efforts aren't in vain.

Reaction score
We are in your shoes, we expected higher grades then the ones we received. You're just under the impression that you worked harder then everyone else. Everyone has their own definition of hard work and you can't go around judging others when you don't know how much effort they did or didn't put. I was never a C grade student as I mentioned in my first post. Although, unlike you I admit it's my fault and not CIEs. If you'd read my post more carefully as I requested you'd notice that I said for those students who are certain they did not make any mistakes ( ex: You as you say you 'checked' the mark scheme and found no error ) should get their papers rechecked. Considering you think you made absolutely NO mistake. Either that or you're not as smart as you think. That seems like the only logical solution to me.

Rather then log on to an online forum and yell at people for not understanding your situation and calling others names, I'd suggest trying to pursue your problem in a more mature manner.

I'm impressed by how dedicated you are to improve your grades and help others at the same time. I mean no offence when I say this, but you should also look for a better way to improve YOUR grade YOURSELF. I highly doubt CIE will recheck every paper that they just finished marking a month ago. But if you're confident you can convince them to, then I'd start with fixing the small grammar mistakes in that letter. x)

First of all, I wasn't typing that for you. Secondly, its an irony that you too are way too bothered by the people who are jumping in your eyes to struggle you could sty quiet and out of the matter. Moreover, I already have got myself registered for retake so don't give me that so called mature gibberish.

Reaction score

Thank you for your help and suggestion. Once again i as an indiuidual will be taking the right steps for myself as in re-evaluating and what not.but this petition is also my responsibility and i will not abandon it. As for the grammar mistakes in the letter im open to suggestions if you spotted anything incorrect id like to hear what it is. :)

Reaction score
Thank you for your help and suggestion. Once again i as an indiuidual will be taking the right steps for myself as in re-evaluating and what not.but this petition is also my responsibility and i will not abandon it. As for the grammar mistakes in the letter im open to suggestions if you spotted anything incorrect id like to hear what it is. :)

Misspelled 'Students' , 'receive' , and 'myself'.
Also some letters shouldn't be capitalized but are, it's up to you if you want to make these changes. The British can be picky ;D

Reaction score
Thanks for the heds up the petition has been edited.
Misspelled 'Students' , 'receive' , and 'myself'.
Also some letters shouldn't be capitalized but are, it's up to you if you want to make these changes. The British can be picky ;D

Reaction score
Zack you are a conceit and a big loser! You are telling others that they are not worth it, my teachers almost got an heart attack when they got to know my result, few weeks before exams they told me that I no longer need a teacher and this is a big remark from your own teacher who has been teaching for more than 20 years.

I had to laugh when I read your first line. I'm beginning my undergraduate degree at the University of Cambridge this October whilst you are apparently in immature denial about your C, D and E grades.

Somehow I don't think I'm the loser.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not the one saying that 'others are not worth it' - the Universities are; hence why they reject students who don't meet their conditional offers.