• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

For all those complaining about your grades and CIE..

Reaction score
I had to laugh when I read your first line. I'm beginning my undergraduate degree at the University of Cambridge this October whilst you are apparently in immature denial about your C, D and E grades.

Somehow I don't think I'm the loser.

What course are you doing? :)

Reaction score
We should all look forward for better grades... i should work hard from now 'lokal mogtahad naseb ' Allah the most generous .... el7 , inshallah better grades arewaiting for us :)

Moi

Reaction score
[quote="kunal mike, post: 647153, member: 58340"was the Aict pAper 2 that hard that people literally failed[/quote]
FAILED?? AICT was my only AS subject I got an A In it and so did my classmates. ..how come there are fails??

Jaf

Reaction score
+1 to the OP. I think it contains very sound and practical advice.

I would recommend most of you not to go for rechecking because of several reasons.
- You're not the only one complaining. There are hundreds of other kids who are upset by their results not meeting their expectations. In fact, I'd say (from observation) all those who did not get A*s/As/Bs are not happy with their result. Uhm why don't I find that weird? I'm not saying your complains are not genuine, but most of the rants are classic blaming your troubles on others.

- Mistakes happen, yes. Thousands sit the exams every year, you can't possibly think CIE is responsible for every mark it grants and deducts. But there can't be a massive flaw in the correction only because the majority of the students say so. It's just not possible. Everyone would have been affected by such a flaw and by that I mean all those who have gotten top grades (be honest with yourself, do you seriously don't personally know anyone with straight As?). Candidates have complained for ever, this session was nothing new.

- A level is no laughing matter. You can't expect to walk in with the O level attitude where you get 3 years to prepare for a much easy syllabus, and still manage to get As. You really need to give it everything you've got. You have less time to cover a lengthier and tougher syllabus. We all have it in us, but not all of us are willing to give everything. Just because you took the most expensive tuition/coaching and just because your teachers said you'd do well, doesn't mean you should have aced your exams. I know teachers who know nothing about how CIE works and they just go ahead and tell students they'll get an A because they are active in their classes. It all boils down to personal effort.

- There is a chance they'll return your paper after just recounting your marks. Do you really think it's worth the risk? Sometimes they may even reduce your grade. A lot of you are saying you've checked the marking schemes and your answers are right. That's just not a good enough excuse. Anyone could say that. Look at the marking scheme again with an unbiased mind. If you've ever done a CIE paper online by looking at the question and immediately looking at the answer in the ms thinking 'yeah that's what I would have written', that's the kind of thinking we want to avoid here.

- If your A from AS turned into a B, or the B into a C, etc. rechecking is not for you. Rechecking is for those whose grades have dropped from a B in AS to something like an E. As you may have guessed, that rarely happens. But in case it did, by all means go for the rechecking. If you sat AS for the first time, you're not a good judge for how you should have been marked. AS is a shock for everyone as the transition from O level to A level is very difficult and is not usually understood by students until it's very late.

- If CIE has really made a mistake, they also correct it themselves sometimes. I know a friend who got a D in Physics AS. Some time after the result, CIE increased his grade by themselves. He didn't even protest or write to them or anything. They did it on their own. None of us actually found out what happened or what prompted the action but it did happen. It serves to show they are not unconcerned with the students' results and do make an effort to give the student what he/she deserves.

Finally, there's no shame in re-sitting an exam. If you take the decision to do it, it means you're concerned about your future and are smarter than all those who are crying over spilt milk. I know people who got Bs in AS and re-sat in November turning them into As. They weren't ashamed at all but rather they were smart enough to do it. There were other egomaniacal individuals who refused to re-sit and ended up with Cs and Ds in A2. It's not easy to raise your grade in AS, so don't bet on it.

Good luck all of you and I hope this post helps you make the right decision. All the very best. :)

Reaction score
for instance you goof i have gave it everything i got and didnt get the required result what in the world now can i do if u were in my shoes u wouldnt have stopped complaining how u havent been treated fair so stfu idiot all the money u think its ok i devoted everything i got and im damn positive i dont deserve this treatment i mean where is justice so ya keep running ur mouth on somethin u have no idea about u think uve worked harder than i did then go shuff it i deserve better

Reaction score
I absolutely agree recheck is a risky option. Hell I`ve lost an year here because I didn`t get the required grades for University. But I am sending my History paper for recheck. I had an A grade in AS, and somehow wound up with a C this year, even though my paper went A*-ish. Does this mean I scored an E this year? Thats just plain madness. If it had gone down to B, I would`nt have cried as much. But this is just plain unfair.
Also I was expecting an A* in physics and got another C. Even if one of these Grades is changed, its worth the try. I mean we`ve given our best for a year. If the CIE makes some mistake in this matter, it ruins our lives.
But please, everyone, be absolutely sure that you did a lot better than your grade. Otherwise the recheck is useless, and its just false hope.

Reaction score
Economics, so basically applied maths haha.

Are you going to University this year?

No, I did my AS this year, so I'll only be applying.

On-topic:

The OP has made an extremely good point: in my AS I got 4 A's and two B's, but I know I could've started studying harder a lot sooner than 5 weeks before the exams, and I'm sure my grades would've been 90+ instead of low eighties or high seventies. The only place I honestly think went wrong was with my Biology where I got a 71; I expected a low eighty, but it doesn't matter much aside from the OCD I have about having everything the same i.e. 6 A's xD

Reaction score
Well how yould you feel if you put the same amount of effort but ended up with only 2Ds 2Es and a U? Wen u found all the exams extremely easy and ended up with grades that dont male sense?
Thats why i post this petition everywhere for people who know they deserve better. Because they have worked for it
Guys Please Sign this petention Formally requsting CIE To re-evaluate the As and A level papers
http://www.change.org/en-IN/petitio...heck-and-re-grade-as-and-a-level-papers#share this link is the only hope in changing our grades share it with your friends.

I agree... I am Extremely disappointed with my AICT result, i gotta D and my paper wasn't tat bad, I mean i was expecting a C atleast