• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Free University Advice

Reaction score
Yes the living costs of UK and Aus are very expensive ....but Manchester , Sheffield etc are comparatively cheaper as comparing London ..eg the living cost of London is more then that of the tuition fees of unis so why dont u apply for these unis ???
I guess yes ...I heard that the Bilkent uni in ankara , Turkey is recognized as its degree is also having a value ...
Scholarships for 2014 session is over .. now u can only apply for 2015 scholarships
NP :)
when will the scholarships for 2015 session open?

Reaction score
I want to go abroad on scholarship to UK or USA or actually anywhere. Im in A levels and have 6 A's in O levels,Im giving 2 extra exams now and it will make 8 A's and then 2 more subjects Oct/nov. What do I do to get a scholarship? For law? or BBA? or Economics?

Reaction score
I want to go abroad on scholarship to UK or USA or actually anywhere. Im in A levels and have 6 A's in O levels,Im giving 2 extra exams now and it will make 8 A's and then 2 more subjects Oct/nov. What do I do to get a scholarship? For law? or BBA? or Economics?
First u have to apply in to the uni ...once you get the conditional letter then you have to apply for the scholarships...If you are having good grades in O/A levels then some of the unis offer the scholarships on your grades ..

Reaction score
what about other EU countries like Germany or Switzerland, etc??? try applying to unis in these countries.. Yeah UK is damn expensive, especially london cause i know someone who studies in LSE but stays half the time here due to high expenses!!!
aus is good and a bit less expensive and there are scholarships available. so go the sites of UNSW, UQ, UM, etc...

which unis or EU are well recognized ? Any idea ??

Reaction score
see its not necessary to get into a famous uni. It may be well-recognized in their homeplace or in the EU but we may be unaware of it... Also the reason why i suggested Eu was because i'm sure that the education is professional and reputable compared to Turkey, which we don't know much about. It may be good or bad. but then its a risk.... :) Moreover, if you see the QS world rankings, a lot of unis in Paris, Zurich, etc are placed in the top 20.

I got your point....EU may be well recognized but as far as ik ..they do ask to learn either french or german or other languages as per the requirement which can be a main hindrance in opting the unis for further education ....
If u know any good uni in EU then do tell me ...:)

Reaction score
what about other EU countries like Germany or Switzerland, etc??? try applying to unis in these countries.. Yeah UK is damn expensive, especially london cause i know someone who studies in LSE but stays half the time here due to high expenses!!!
aus is good and a bit less expensive and there are scholarships available. so go the sites of UNSW, UQ, UM, etc...
I am unable to understand how the fees calculator work on the university of Queensland site.can you find and tell me the Annual fee for electrical engineering or mechanical.
Thanks

Reaction score
Nice to see so many posts, I will like to say that for those students who cannot afford the tuition and living costs of UK/Australia ( this was the case with me too) there is an option of going to countries like Malaysia where you can get a degree from UK/Australia at a far lower cost from foreign campuses and private unis who have agreements with UK/Australian unis. There is also the option of spending first couple of years in Malaysia and transfer to UK or Australia in the last year of degree thereby saving lot of cost.

Reaction score
I am unable to understand how the fees calculator work on the university of Queensland site.can you find and tell me the Annual fee for electrical engineering or mechanical.
Thanks

The fees would be around $ 30000 per year which is quite expensive plus the living cost is high in Australia too

Nice to see so many posts, I will like to say that for those students who cannot afford the tuition and living costs of UK/Australia ( this was the case with me too) there is an option of going to countries like Malaysia where you can get a degree from UK/Australia at a far lower cost from foreign campuses and private unis who have agreements with UK/Australian unis. There is also the option of spending first couple of years in Malaysia and transfer to UK or Australia in the last year of degree thereby saving lot of cost.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm about to take my AS exams very soon. I understand that we must have our AS results when applying to UK universities via UCAS. I did some researching that most of not all prestigious universities in the UK require 3 A level along with 1 AS. Unfortunately, I am taking only 3 AS and 3 A2 thus ending up with only 3 A-levels in the end. I am interested in LLB Law. Will my chances be nil or greatly diminished since I only will have 3 subjects? Was aiming for UCL, LSE, King's college, Manchester and Edinburgh only to have cold water poured onto me..

Also, according to UCL's website, it says that a pass is not required for the fourth AS subject if I am not from UK. Does that mean that I still have to take on a 4th subject but do not have to pass or that I do not necessarily have to have a 4th AS subject. I hope it is the latter, haha.. Please assist me in my questions, thanks so much!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm about to take my AS exams very soon. I understand that we must have our AS results when applying to UK universities via UCAS. I did some researching that most of not all prestigious universities in the UK require 3 A level along with 1 AS. Unfortunately, I am taking only 3 AS and 3 A2 thus ending up with only 3 A-levels in the end. I am interested in LLB Law. Will my chances be nil or greatly diminished since I only will have 3 subjects? Was aiming for UCL, LSE, King's college, Manchester and Edinburgh only to have cold water poured onto me..

Also, according to UCL's website, it says that a pass is not required for the fourth AS subject if I am not from UK. Does that mean that I still have to take on a 4th subject but do not have to pass or that I do not necessarily have to have a 4th AS subject. I hope it is the latter, haha.. Please assist me in my questions, thanks so much!

This query can be better answered by uni's admission officers as the university policies can change . Good luck in your endeavours.

Reaction score
The fees would be around $ 30000 per year which is quite expensive plus the living cost is high in Australia too
Thanks a lot!yeah it is way too expensive.are there any universities in aus in 150-250 list ranking in world that offer electrical or mechanical at a yearly fees of 13,000 so that by getting a bit scholarship I can make my fees to 8 lacs?
Thanks alot

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!yeah it is way too expensive.are there any universities in aus in 150-250 list ranking in world that offer electrical or mechanical at a yearly fees of 13,000 so that by getting a bit scholarship I can make my fees to 8 lacs?
Thanks alot

I am afraid I don't think there are any universities. Much better option for you are the Malaysian campuses of Australian unis of Curtin And Swinburne. If you get good results you can then do your Masters from Australia. Do check them out and let know if you like their courses. I can help in the admission process of Malaysia unis.

Reaction score
I am afraid I don't think there are any universities. Much better option for you are the Malaysian campuses of Australian unis of Curtin And Swinburne. If you get good results you can then do your Masters from Australia. Do check them out and let know if you like their courses. I can help in the admission process of Malaysia unis.
I want to apply in malasysia ....will u help me in admission process ??? :unsure:

Reaction score
Which university you want to apply to ? Kindly also tell your academic results, your approximate annual budget and your interested degrees. You are welcome to PM me

Though i have got the admission in 7 unis of uk but im thinking to apply in Malaysia ..only in those unis which are offering the scholarships. If u are knowing any such good unis then do tell me please so that i can Pm u the other details too ..Thanks :)

Reaction score
Though i have got the admission in 7 unis of uk but im thinking to apply in Malaysia ..only in those unis which are offering the scholarships. If u are knowing any such good unis then do tell me please so that i can Pm u the other details too ..Thanks :)

It depends on your result and your desired degree...for example Taylor's university offers upto RM 20000 per year scholarship.