• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

FSC or A-Level

Reaction score
I have to help a friend of mine here, written by my friend :

I Have a question, if i want to go into engineering (chemical, mechanical, biological im yet to choose), would it be suitable to move to Fsc after my o-levels or continue with my A-levels?
The reason im asking is that my sister had to move to Fsc after her O-levels due to an unavailability of an A-level Institute where we lived at that time but as she took some prep classes for NUST she said that she noticed that almost all of the A-level students there had difficulty coping with the exam pattern as its Fsc based (which she did not as she had moved to Fsc).
Id appreciate a general view on this from any university students who could advice a kid in last O-level year which stream to move onto.

Thanks... :)

Reaction score
CaptainDanger said:
I have to help a friend of mine here, written by my friend :

I Have a question, if i want to go into engineering (chemical, mechanical, biological im yet to choose), would it be suitable to move to Fsc after my o-levels or continue with my A-levels?
The reason im asking is that my sister had to move to Fsc after her O-levels due to an unavailability of an A-level Institute where we lived at that time but as she took some prep classes for NUST she said that she noticed that almost all of the A-level students there had difficulty coping with the exam pattern as its Fsc based (which she did not as she had moved to Fsc).
Id appreciate a general view on this from any university students who could advice a kid in last O-level year which stream to move onto.

Thanks... :)
Asaalmoalikum
Its only the entry test pattern that is similar to FSc!!!! but the university exams or internal exams are so like A levels!!
i think your friend should continue doing A levels and if u r confident enough ,u will never face any difficulty when it comes to uni entrance tests!!

Reaction score
That is the main Problem CaptainDanger. The Government of Pakistan does everything it can to discourage the foreign education Board but we all know the fact that A levels is Far more hard and creditable than FSc. yet still A levels students are discouraged in Pakistan. I would like to say that if your friend wants to continue his studies in Pakistan he should go for FSc but if he has any plans to move outside Pakistan then A levels is the best choice. Moreover if your friend has Exceptional performance in his O levels then he might get good grades in A levels because if he doesn't the Education Board of Pakistan will create a lot of hinderance for him !! :(

Reaction score
if i couldd reverse the time, i would have went back in the world of fsc... though i got 7As in O lovels out of 8 subjects.. the simple reasonm is that we have admissions in universities even before we complete our A levels... to go to a university, we have to give their entry test that is predominantly from punjab txt board pattern....