• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Full and Final A* Information!

Reaction score
Download and read the attached pdf file!

Hope now you are fully aware of the new grading system!

Reaction score
very clear that percentile or thresholds system still exists!!!! it can never end!
thts for sure!

Reaction score
this means that we get an A at 80?
How is this going to effect the equivalence in pakistan?

Reaction score
mm is da percentage gna be displayed n our mark sheets.....if anyone knows abt it plx teme ! ...

Reaction score
Percentages are going to be present on our PROVISONAL results but not the certificates which we receive afterwards !

Reaction score
but cambridge regards it as ''THRESHOLDS'' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

nd our percentages/percentage uniform mark will be shown on ''STATEMENT OF RESULTS''
not on original certificate
those who have given any paper b4 this session, must be knowing about statement of results!!!
:)

Reaction score
umm.. whenever i download it and open it it says the file is damnaged and could not be repaired. can ne1 gv a solution.

Reaction score
tht simply means A grade is loosing itx value now......now ppl r gna thrive for A star!

Reaction score
Exactly... More competition = lesser value for an A !!!

Thank GOd i am in AS rite now.. so no need to worry for an A* :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Reaction score
olevels are trying to get da best ov da best students by increasing competition..thank God m finishing off wd british council lol :p

Reaction score
Im still confused with the A* grading. Im wondering whether AS contributes to achieving the A* or is it taken from the average 90% overall for A2 units? Because they didnt really mention that to get an A* you need to score equally as well in both AS and A2 or score 90% above in A2 with an 80% overall to get the A*. Because if CIE uses the average mark overall, then if i get 100% for AS and 80% for A2, that wud still be 90% overall so wud i get my A*? Does anyone know and is sure about the grading?

Reaction score
well those who wondering whether threshold system was existing or not should have looked at da level of paper first. Man did u just see the standard of it. The dificulty level has increased drastically...... In these cases, even scoring an A looks a difficult job.

Reaction score
nba008 said:
Im still confused with the A* grading. Im wondering whether AS contributes to achieving the A* or is it taken from the average 90% overall for A2 units? Because they didnt really mention that to get an A* you need to score equally as well in both AS and A2 or score 90% above in A2 with an 80% overall to get the A*. Because if CIE uses the average mark overall, then if i get 100% for AS and 80% for A2, that wud still be 90% overall so wud i get my A*? Does anyone know and is sure about the grading?

You need to give it a best shot and try to score equally good in both!
But if you do a bit bad in AS and cover that up in A2 you might still get enough marks to score an A*.
Although if you haven't done good in AS I doubt you will do any better in A2 considering it's much tougher than AS!