• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Full O-Level GUIDANCE AND HELP!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! :)

Since there is ONLY one month left till CIE exams.

If anyone wants any personal help or guidance regarding ANY O-Level/IGCSE subject, feel free to message me here on xpc. I can provide you the best tips and tricks to ace these exams, since I finished my O-Level last year in 2014. Most of my papers, especially Maths, Add-Maths, Physics, Chemistry were close to perfect - almost no mistakes.

O-Level is not just about memorizing things from a book. It has a set pattern, and only if the correct strategy is adopted can an A* be achieved. You need to actually understand what the subject is about, and analyze the type of questions they give to be able to score highly. If you blindly go and give the exam, the result might not be what you want it to be. I have seen many cases like this. People expect A's and end up with a B. You need careful and meticulous preparation in order to master a subject to perfection.

Anyways, I gave the following subjects:

English
Urdu Second Language
Pakistan Studies
Islamiyat
Mathematics
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Additional Mathematics
Sociology
Environmental Management
Business studies
Commerce
Economics
Information and Communication Technology
Commercial Studies
International Mathematics
Travel and Tourism
Combined Science
Human and Social Biology

Alhamdulillah, i got 15 A*'s and 5 A's in them, back in 2014.

So if you need any help, whether it is a past paper question that is troubling you.. or if you can't decide how to prepare for a subject..just contact me (message me here on xpc). ^__^

Good Luck to everyone! :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
hey .. m appearing in pst urdu n isl.. can u please tell me any revision tips..

Reaction score
am having trouble preparing for commerce When ever i open the book i go to sleep:sleep:

Reaction score
Aren't you in lgsjt? They were no 20As on result poster.. There were 2 19As boys and 1 15As one.. I was there in an declamation contest.. Coming on matter at hand.. Dude pleaseee tell me how to study for Physics and should I start studying the extras from now... I am in O1....

Reaction score
Pls help with Physics especially ATP which is happening in less than a month. And can you pls help with the titration question in Chemistry ATP, in the colour part where they ask about the colour which is usually pink to yellow or yellow to red... i need some tips on ATP paper too.
And also help with sociology pls.. everything i need to know about it and tips etc

Reaction score
am having trouble preparing for commerce When ever i open the book i go to sleep:sleep:

I literally didn't study for Commerce. Only skimmed through some brief notes on the last day before the paper.
Somehow ended up with an A, though. xD Maybe because i had studied for Business studies and Economics. That helped me somewhat in Commerce.

But i suggest you to go through the entire book thoroughly.. and then solve as many past papers as you can!
The questions repeat a lot.

Reaction score
Aren't you in lgsjt? They were no 20As on result poster.. There were 2 19As boys and 1 15As one.. I was there in an declamation contest.. Coming on matter at hand.. Dude pleaseee tell me how to study for Physics and should I start studying the extras from now... I am in O1....

I gave 5 of my subjects in Oct-Nov 2014. That's why.

Physics. Well, you need to clear your concepts for Physics first. At this level, you are still in O1.. so it's just the simple topics of General Physics and stuff.
Just go through them.. and understand them. Skim through the Topical past papers.. and practice questions.. That'll be enough for someone in O1.

Extras from now? I don't know.. if you want to, you can. But i personally took 6 of my extra subjects like only 3-4 months before my CIE's. Had to give a total of 13 subjects in one session, so it was a bit tough. So yeah, maybe.. if you wanna start now.. and can manage them along with other major subjects, sure. No harm!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pls help with Physics especially ATP which is happening in less than a month. And can you pls help with the titration question in Chemistry ATP, in the colour part where they ask about the colour which is usually pink to yellow or yellow to red... i need some tips on ATP paper too.
And also help with sociology pls.. everything i need to know about it and tips etc

The only way to master Chemistry ATP is to practice.
Chemistry ATP is a generalized paper. Believe me. You can score a 60/60 on it EASILY! And i mean REALLY EASILY.

Every single time, the same types of questions come. There will ALWAYS be a titration question. There will always be a chart of identification of ions.
The titration question is literally the same every time, just with different values of moles and stuff. The identification of ions can easily be mastered by learning the chart of tests.

About that color thing. Just learn the colors of indicators and stuff in different pH.

This way, you can easily take Chemistry ATP to perfection. Practice ATP's from 2004-2014. There will come a time when you will be able to complete the ATP in 15-20 mins.. it'll be so easy for you.

Sociology. Personally, studied it only for like 2-3 days. That's the reason i got an A in it.
I'd say go through the book, and practice past papers.
The questions repeat often. And learn the definitions.

Reaction score
hey .. m appearing in pst urdu n isl.. can u please tell me any revision tips..

Well, Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat both are subjects that are tough because you need to actually study for them.

First just master the books. Go through the entire Islamiyat book. Maybe even read one or two books by different authors.
Same for History and Geography.

The key is to memorize important details in History and Islamiyat, because they require lengthy answers to be written.

For geography, you need to practice past papers by hand. Write the answers down, and mark yourself from marking scheme. See the possible answers, and see what you did wrong, what else you could have written. People lose a lot of marks in Geography and that is where they go down in Pakistan studies. So don't take it lightly.

Reaction score
I have 5 of my subjects in Oct-Nov 2014. That's why.

Physics. Well, you need to clear your concepts for Physics first. At this level, you are still in O1.. so it's just the simple topics of General Physics and stuff.
Just go through them.. and understand them. Skim through the Topical past papers.. and practice questions.. That'll be enough for someone in O1.

Extras from now? I don't know.. if you want to, you can. But i personally took 6 of my extra subjects like only 3-4 months before my CIE's. Had to give a total of 13 subjects in one session, so it was a bit tough. So yeah, maybe.. if you wanna start now.. and can manage them along with other major subjects, sure. No harm!
I have 5 of my subjects in Oct-Nov 2014. That's why.

So you are Nabeel Ahmed.. Ahan.. Goody good.. Thank you so much.. I will do that.. Extras ko choro will do them after pak stud isl next year...

Reaction score
Well, Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat both are subjects that are tough because you need to actually study for them.

First just master the books. Go through the entire Islamiyat book. Maybe even read one or two books by different authors.
Same for History and Geography.

The key is to memorize important details in History and Islamiyat, because they require lengthy answers to be written.

For geography, you need to practice past papers by hand. Write the answers down, and mark yourself from marking scheme. See the possible answers, and see what you did wrong, what else you could have written. People lose a lot of marks in Geography and that is where they go down in Pakistan studies. So don't take it lightly.
thanks a tonn.. please pray for my exams :)

Reaction score
How easy is it to get an A* in O Level English?
Any general tips for O Level EM? I've read the book (not thoroughly though) and will soon start doing past papers, that's enough, right?