• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Further Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I have just finished my A2 and I am planning to take Further Mathematics study by myself...So friends please help me....
Where can I find necessary course materials to study FM? Are there any text books particularly for FM? Xtremepapers can help me with the past question papers, but i need to learn the course materials...please help me :)
The tension can be zero since at this point weight provides the entire centripetal force. As long as the circular motion is maintained, it is okay.

Reaction score
Can somebody please post the solution of June 06 P2 Question 4 regrading moment of inertia on line . I am really having a hard time solving its second part

Reaction score
It's easy. Slice the shape into 3 rectangular laminas. Find the moments of inertia for each of them about their centers. And then use the Parallel axis rule to find each lamina's moment of inertia about A. Add all of them up, and I'm guessing that'll be your answer.

Reaction score
Someone May June '11 - paper 21, question no. 2 HELP PLEASE!!!

Edit: Problem solved, no need to reply! Thanks anyway!!!

Reaction score
That depends on how hard you're willing to work, how much help you have, and how good you are.

Anyway, how does one derive the expression shown in Q11 (Mechanics) from Oct/Nov 2006? I keep deriving offshoots of it, but never exactly that.

Reaction score
It's easy. Slice the shape into 3 rectangular laminas. Find the moments of inertia for each of them about their centers. And then use the Parallel axis rule to find each lamina's moment of inertia about A. Add all of them up, and I'm guessing that'll be your answer.

I also have problem in this question can you post the solution online it would be so nice of you please