• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

GT for Chemistry paper 22 AS.

Reaction score
P22
stuffs i remember!
q1: phosphorus has coloured flame!
observations wer white solid formed and color of chlorine disappears.
all the three were acidic(pH na: 3, and others i dont remember) and i did all of them react(which i know is wrong :p)
reaction with water, neutralisation?
angle a was smaller bcause it had 2 lone pairs
q2: enthalpy i think i did a silly mistake and i THINK i got -127
reaction kinetics for all the three!
q3: 2 esters were formed
one alkene
one alcohol
and one carboxylic acid

dehydration, oxidation, hydrolysis/hydration

chiral one was easy
cis trans skeletal was easy

q4: 2 ticks for alcohol for oxidising agent (i dnt rem what was it) and Na
1 tick for Nahco3 and ester
1 tick for Carboxylic acid and Na
1 tick for aldehyde and oxidising agent

functional grp was alcohol

no. of moles of hydrogen= 0.05 (LOL i m pretty sure im wrong, i just didnt want to leave the space empty so did some shit and got 0.05)

then it was ketone which doesnt react with fehlings but with 24 DNPH
and there were 2 alcohols and one ketone, so i got C3H6O3
and the last with oxiding agent the primary alc turn into carboxylic acids
the ketone tunrs into sec alcohol with the reducing agent

THATS IT i cant rem 2 or 3 parts in there!
point me out if im wrong or if i left something!
God Bless You All! :)

In q4. Were we to draw structured or displayed formula? The formula of that compound with two OH groups and Ketone?

Reaction score
What grade wud i get?? I'm tensed....... If i get A in all paper 1,2 nd 4 and U in paper 3 an 5??
You probably would get a B since p1,p3,p4 have the highest weightages out of these 5 components. Make sure your A's in these 3 components are above the borderline for A. Ya if you get VERY HIGH A's in all these components, you might even get an A! Cheers!

Reaction score
I should do that..
i wud suggest it as a bad idea cos if u check it and get low marks then u wud be not performing well in othr exams or behaving weird or be sad all the time!! mayb im thinkin negatively but thats wat i do, dont check answers with teachers after xams :cool:

Reaction score
i wud suggest it as a bad idea cos if u check it and get low marks then u wud be not performing well in othr exams or behaving weird or be sad all the time!! mayb im thinkin negatively but thats wat i do, dont check answers with teachers after xams :cool:
Exactly!..and the papers done anyways!..You cant change ur answers now..better to enjoy the vacations and chill until the 13th :p

Reaction score
Dude.....You took the AS Chemistry Paper - 22 exam where it was NOT a reversible reaction. Do please get that. You were supposed to write answers with respect to what was IN the question, not somehwere in the Internet!!!!!

Reaction score
Dude.....You took the AS Chemistry Paper - 22 exam where it was NOT a reversible reaction. Do please get that. You were supposed to write answers with respect to what was IN the question, not somehwere in the Internet!!!!!
OK but internet is the place where we search what we dnt knw!! n btw i wrote the same thing as u wrote im jus confessin about it cos the head of our centre's chem dept. said that the temp was low n it was based on the habers process!! n gud to see a bangladeshi on this site :) Cheers

Reaction score
ok i wish ur wrds come to be true.
inshallah :)
dont wooryy too much for the thing that has passed prepare for the coming xamz rather than thinkin for the prev. xamz again n again!! u wont be able to change them by thinkin or discussin it. so better forget it:D