• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

GT for Chemistry paper 22 AS.

Reaction score
There were definitely 6 marks for the 3 conditions, 2 marks for each, 1 marks for stating that the rate of formation increases and another mark for stating how......i think so.

aom

Reaction score
Wonder how many marks would have been lost if i drew the cis trans isomers in the usual displayed formula rather than skeletal formula? :/
Its only 2 marks so u will lose them all i guess because the trick was about the skeletal formula

aom

Reaction score
I am very sure that the gt will be 45 to 47 ONLY NOT MORE.

aom

Reaction score
This exam (paper 22) was not easy and had new questions that didn't come in any past paper...... :p

Reaction score
This exam (paper 22) was not easy and had new questions that didn't come in any past paper...... :p
it was not tooo difficult nor to easy ! it was an average paper and yeah grade threshold would be around 44-46

Reaction score
Equilibrium had absolutely no relation with the question,it was simple O level concepts.In each of the three cases the rate of formation of methanol would oncrase because at higher temperatures rate of reaction increases,at higher pressure molecules collide more oftenly so rate of reaction increases and similarly for catalyst...
I wrote each answer according to Le Chatlier's principle! Aur till now i was thinking my paper had gone great, guess not! :(

Reaction score
rough answers fr mcqs ( p12)
i only have doubt on 2 mcqs, 2 mcqs i forgot options, so there are 37 correct mcqs fr u to check n relieve ur self...................
u forgot to include the size of anion and atom question....the one with Na and S.... :p

Reaction score
rough answers fr mcqs ( p12)
i only have doubt on 2 mcqs, 2 mcqs i forgot options, so there are 37 correct mcqs fr u to check n relieve ur self...................
Q14,18,26,34 can you plz tell me a little more detail about em.
and these are the ones uve got wrong
3 C
8 C-B the one with Al2+ ---> Al3+ +e- +energy
22. Cracking one was C cracking of alkenes produces alkenes and di alkenes
30 u didnt give any ans. it was ethanol.

Here u go so uve got 3 wrong for sure. and well i plz tell me the details of the above qstnz too.

Reaction score
nopex...............my 3rd ie the bond angle one was correct....it was da one where there wad 107 degrees and if im not mistaken that wad D.............Al2+ >Al3+...this is an ENDOTHERMIC PROCESS!!!!!!!!!UR REMOVING ELECTRON....cracking one i admit was wrong.....so i guess 39 i may get...but min 36/37................as for q 14, 18, 26, 34, here u go :
14.it was related to peroid 4 elements, which dissolved in water to give acidic solutions...
18.which gas burns in incomplete oxygen to produce a harmless gas.....it was obviously H2......
26.we had to make propanoic acid from bromo propane........
34.what occurs when ammonia is added to silver nitrate......