• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Handwriting Help!

Reaction score
Which writing instrument is best?
A .Fountain Pen
B .Ball Point
C .Pointer

I really need to improve my handwriting , suggest which would be the best option!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
who cares abt writing as long as it's legible... So I prefer Ball Point for speed..

Reaction score
^^^yeah but sometimes , you write too quickly and some letters become unrecognizable. I think fountain pen prevents this .Plus a neat paper impresses the examiner. Presentation also matters , especially when your going for World Distinction :p . I know it's never gonna happen but still the point remains.

Reaction score
neat handwriting is always appreciated :) like said by ViSiOnOfMiNe it improves presentation...... but dont go on making it too neat that u may have less time left at end ....... and dont make too unrecognizable e.g. 'c' and 'l' may look like 'd' when written together :p etc

Reaction score
That's my point. I got 2 B's in Isl and Pakstudies this year. Just have this feeling that it was because my handwriting. Otherwise i dont know wat went wrong. I knew everything! EVERYTHING!

Reaction score
There is a easy to use video that demonstrates how to hold a pen or pencil and how to chose a proper pen and how to improve your handwriting. It can be downloaded from Amazon.com and is called Anyone Can Improve Their Own Handwriting.

Reaction score
I think that ballpoint is good for speedy writing. If you have practiced past papers using a ball point then it doesn't ruin the CIE exam paper. And as long as the writing is readable, and in a recognizable + required language, it doesn't matter what instrument you're using for solving your exam.

Reaction score
Ball Point is a good option to move on. A better practice can help you to be perfect in your handwriting. Do it a try to new types of your own styles while practicing to make it contributory.

Reaction score
ViSiOnOfMiNe said:
Which writing instrument is best?
A .Fountain Pen
B .Ball Point
C .Pointer

I really need to improve my handwriting , suggest which would be the best option!
use fountain pen!!

Reaction score
Inexpensive, reliable and maintenance-free - the ballpoint wins. But you can't deny writing with a fountain pen brings out the best of handwriting skills...:)