• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HELP BIOLOGY_ WHAT DO I DO ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
AOA everyone
I took up biology this year though i read till respiration last year but now i want to prepare seriously
About 7 of my chapters for reading are left and the rest i am going to revise and then do pastpapers
Tell me what shud be my approach and how shud i handle it
If u have notes plz post them to me
I'll be ever grateful

Reaction score
dragoninja98 said:
AOA everyone
I took up biology this year though i read till respiration last year but now i want to prepare seriously
About 7 of my chapters for reading are left and the rest i am going to revise and then do pastpapers
Tell me what shud be my approach and how shud i handle it
If u have notes plz post them to me
I'll be ever grateful

WELL DONT FRET BUT YEAH ARE U GIVING BIO IN CIE THIS TERM OR IF ITS JUST FOR SCHOOL THEN IT NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT IT IS TO READ THE BOOK AND GRASP ALL THE CONCEPTS JUST LIKE YOU HAVE TO DO IN PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY AND THEN ATTEMPT THE PASTPAPERS.BUT DONT LEARN BY HEART WHATEVER IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OR YOULL NEVER BE ABLE TO FINISH READING THE BOOK AS AFTER RESPIRATION THERE ARE VERY BIG CHAPTERS.DONT STRAIGHT AWAY START READING THE NOTES AS THEY SOMETIMES DO NOT CONTAIN THE ESSENTIAL CONCEPTS REQUIRED FOR PAST PAPERS,I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO READ THE NOTES WHEN THERE ARE ABOUT 7 DAYS LEFT IN YOUR EXAMS AS IT HELPS IN REVISION.IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS PLEASE DO FEEL FREE TO ASK.

Reaction score
Its gonna be my CIE exam
Is there anything technical in bio as i dont know yet as i have only done first 3 chaps in pastpapers
I am using biology matters and i know it does not contain abt 4 chaps
which other book shud i use ?

Reaction score
Since you have very less time left you must get mary jones bio book as its pretty short and contains almost everything.And i hope you are following the syllabus as it makes life easier since i have seen that mary jones also contains some irrelevant topics.Hope you are able to finish your syllabus in time and score an A*

Well there is nothin technical in bio but yes you really have to know some food tests and some plant tests and practice recent pastpapers the previous five years would be ideal but do solve the topical ones once you finish the chapter reading.

Reaction score
Well i didn't knw much about Mary Jones but I remembered my sis using Mary Jones and got an A* ! :)

Reaction score
WELL IT IS A REALLY GOOD BOOK BUT SINCE DRAGONNINJA DOES NOT HAVE THAT MUCH TIME HE CANT USE A VERY GOOD DESCRIPTIVE BOOK SO THIS IS HIS ONLY CHOICE SINCE YOU REQUIRE A LOT OF TIME TO UNDERSTAND THE BOOK IM TALKIN ABOUT.

Reaction score
bio is so interesting halwa. loved olevel bio. book say parho yar with interest , do last 5 years past papers. thats it enjoy take it easy.

Reaction score
dudes i can read one book in like three days when i concentrate
and that concentration span comes in the last week of the papers
but thanks for the advice and i'll read the books
Are there some other notes
thanks guys for ur valuable comments
:D

Reaction score
Search the contest area you ll find some but if you can read a book that fast then why not get this book 'BIOLOGY' A COURSE FOR O'LEVEL by LAM PENG KWAN AND ERIC Y K LAM If you are interested in buying the book please ask me so ill tell you the correct version of the book as i accidentally had bought the wrong version which does not contain some chapters.This is not a prescribed book but if you read it your concepts are bound to be complete.

Reaction score
I am doing biology matters,planning to do federal and complete biology as well
and i think will do keypoints aswell as the CIE covered book

Reaction score
Hey could you tell me the title of the fedral published book.AND yeah sure get the redspot key points book for all the science subjects since they are really good and you can revise important topics and get tips on how to solve possible examinations questions i really found its chemistry version indeed helpful.

Reaction score
YES IVE TAKEN IT AS A SUBJECT BUT IM NOT GIVING ITS CIE EXAM THIS TERM IT WILL INSHAALLAH BE THE NEXT TERM!! :D

Reaction score
Good then only difference between your subjects and mine are the difference of bio with Computer studies !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.