• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help needed regarding Subject Selection

Reaction score
let me tell u that although i have no detailed knowledge of what skills are taught in mechanical, electrical etc. but what i have researched is that many universities in usa and some other countries require from you math and physics and another subject for engineereing. That other subject might be anything. Only if your field is directly linked with chemistry like Chemical or anything similar thn u might need to take chemistry. Even computer studies require only physics and math in some uni. Thats all what i know. U may consult any career counserler or websites like collegeboard and ucas .
no you dont understand, i assure you aeronautics has plenty of chemistry for eg there are around 150 different alloys used in aircrafts for different purposes most of which are taught about
there are two things, fitting requirements and getting merit, pakistan goes out of the window by dropping chemistry and so do the best of universities around the world
not only that but just imagine if you dont take chm in olevels and then take in alevels, how rudimentary your knowledge will be and it is the case of even higher studies, hence even if you do get admission you will be stuck pretty deep
hence dropping chemistry is not a good idea :)

Reaction score
ok lets simplify it
the fact of the matter is that you can get admission in us unis with straight Cs
but can you pay the whole fee which amounts to about 10 million rupees?o_O (this really is the fee im not joking )
if yes then drop chm without second thought if not then your career will be ruined

Reaction score
no you dont understand, i assure you aeronautics has plenty of chemistry for eg there are around 150 different alloys used in aircrafts for different purposes most of which are taught about
there are two things, fitting requirements and getting merit, pakistan goes out of the window by dropping chemistry and so do the best of universities around the world
not only that but just imagine if you dont take chm in olevels and then take in alevels, how rudimentary your knowledge will be and it is the case of even higher studies, hence even if you do get admission you will be stuck pretty deep
hence dropping chemistry is not a good idea :)

Thank you very much for all that knowledge. I think now I MUST take chemistry in A levels, against my plan, as that is the only way of being on safe side in engineering career. Thanks Alot :)

Reaction score
10 million!,I guess so Faizan you have got wrong information,the cost of colleges ranges from 20 to maximum 40 lac per year and for university it's 25 to 50 lac per year and some public colleges and universities even require less money then I have mentioned and secondly hardware engineering is a computer related subject,so how come it requires chemistry?Anyway thanks guys for helping me out,now i have more information regarding it so I'll think of giving chemistry. :)

Reaction score
10 million!,I guess so Faizan you have got wrong information,the cost of colleges ranges from 20 to maximum 40 lac per year and for university it's 25 to 50 lac per year and some public colleges and universities even require less money then I have mentioned and secondly hardware engineering is a computer related subject,so how come it requires chemistry?Anyway thanks guys for helping me out,now i have more information regarding it so I'll think of giving chemistry. :)
its for the good unis and it also includes hostel accommodation (though 10 million is pretty rare i assure you it is atleast 6-7)
the medium ones take 40-50
even down then it comes to 25 (and their ranking is worse than pakistani)
come to think of it the only person studying outside without scholarship is bilawal zardari :p

Reaction score
answer these then:
how much can you afford?
what grades can you get (also in chm say if you give)?
where do you want to study?
apart from academics any positive activities ?

Reaction score
Well, for college i can afford 15 to 25 lac per year and for university also 15 to 25 lac per year.
Moreover, i am an O'level student, not IGCSE.
Secondly about grades i am not sure however i can give you a rough estimate:
(Given Subjects Result about to come)
1)Pakistan Studies: D to A
2)Islamiyat: D to A
3)English:A*
4)Urdu:A*
(Will give in coming Cambridge Sessions)
Maths:C to A
Physics:C to A
Computer:A*
Chemistry:C to A
These maybe incorrect as i m working hard and maybe the result grades can change.
I only want to study in USA.
Now could you guide me?

Reaction score
you have a very very big budget :D
if it really is true than the admission problem is eliminated and so is extreme merit
cant you even get a B in chemistry?
since you insist usa it means you have a green card or some relative there which makes the situation better
almost all universities will be open to you even if you manage straight Bs with occasional As and Cs
since grades are not your problem keep chemistry anyway atleast you can always say that i have studied chemistry :p
extra subject like sociology are useless, they are for those who cant afford and aim for 100% scholarships
just keep on working hard because competition is increasing greatly
there are drastic increases in potential candidates and though your money might make things easy, results are mandatory (y)
hope this clarifies the situation :)

Reaction score
I bought Physics O level Book with disc, somehow lost the disc. Anyone please send me the internal files, i need files of cd not book.

NOWNWNOWNOWNWONWO