• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

helppp

Reaction score
You can do this by iterative formula but I think it is not the best method. Is that the full question in itself? just asking for X^3 − x +6√3 = 0?
You can go polynomial but I don't know how to get f(x)=0 in this case( there's formula beyond A level scope though you could use)

Reaction score
You can do this by iterative formula but I think it is not the best method. Is that the full question in itself? just asking for X^3 − x +6√3 = 0?
You can go polynomial but I don't know how to get f(x)=0 in this case( there's formula beyond A level scope though you could use)
upload_2015-10-17_15-7-11.png
This is the whole question

Reaction score
View attachment 57248
This is the whole question
Give full question next time you ask something, this is easy use Marking Scheme when you dont know something

Use the form in part (ii) and you get 2values of pheta( reject the other 4 you "normally" get. I believe you get 6values in total right?)
Then replace these 2 values of pheta in equation x=2sin pheta/3^0.5 (the equation in (ii)

Reaction score
Give full question next time you ask something, this is easy use Marking Scheme when you dont know something

Use the form in part (ii) and you get 2values of pheta( reject the other 4 you "normally" get. I believe you get 6values in total right?)
Then replace these 2 values of pheta in equation x=2sin pheta/3^0.5 (the equation in (ii)
oh I feel dumb. Thanks.