• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Heron's formula

Reaction score
What do you mean by anticlockwise? Please elaborate.

u did not know this? answer can come wrong if u dont follow it. this is a very strict rule. corrdinate of each point should be considered x1,y2 then next x2y2 so on untill xn,yn to back x1,y1
Untitled.png
plot points roughly then draw arrows that they come back to the point where they started. the direction of the arrows should do anticlockwise:

Reaction score
u did not know this? answer can come wrong if u dont follow it. this is a very strict rule. corrdinate of each point should be considered x1,y2 then next x2y2 so on untill xn,yn to back x1,y1
View attachment 28367
plot points roughly then draw arrows that they come back to the point where they started. the direction of the arrows should do anticlockwise:

No. I didn't and honestly, I've never got an Area wrong. Still. Thanks. I'll see to it. :)

Reaction score
btw the lines are not modulus but sign of determinant. the things table inside is a matrix. the answer of it can be negative. but overall answer can only be negative if half of the area is going below the x-axis. like it happens in integrals. negative area in v/t graph may represent displacement is negative(as it is vector)
i do like this. 1/2( | [2X2 matrx] |+ | [2X2 matrix] |+....) where each matrix has x1,y1 as first row and x2,y2 as second row.

Reaction score
btw the lines are not modulus but sign of determinant. the things table inside is a matrix. the answer of it can be negative. but overall answer can only be negative if half of the area is going below the x-axis. like it happens in integrals. negative area in v/t graph may represent displacement is negative(as it is vector)
i do like this. 1/2( | [2X2 matrx] |+ | [2X2 matrix] |+....) where each matrix has x1,y1 as first row and x2,y2 as second row.

Ok Sir ji. :p

Reaction score
Well, I've solved the whole Classified only. :whistle:

the classified doesn't have these question :LOL:
polygons in past papers are pretty simple. and mostly in first quadrant.

(if u see any guy telling u what u don't know, understand that he is internet student and trying to show-off extra knowledge :p )

Reaction score
the classified doesn't have these question :LOL:
polygons in past papers are pretty simple. and mostly in first quadrant.

(if u see any guy telling u what u don't know, understand that he is internet student and trying to show-off extra knowledge :p )

But I'm an internet student as well. :p
But I don't go into much in detail of what I somehow learned in class.

Reaction score
View attachment 28346
I hope you understand the drawing, I'm kinda bad at this paint thing.
So, here it is. The Heron Formula, you can use it FOR ANY polygon, just remember that the (1/2) always come in the formula and the first vertice is always repeated by the end. Hope that helps! :)
i didnt know it was called the heron formula, it's really helpful no doubt