• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Hey can you please help!

Reaction score
Hey,my name's Adeel.I'm having problem with my study methods.Can please somebody help me? How do all of you guys study,I mean,do you only do pastpapers and how do you solve many questions in little time? PLEASE somebody help,I seem to have past papers,mark schemes for Bio and Chem paper 2 and notes too but for some reason I don't understand how to go about it.Please,my eboard exams are just round the corner,someone please help
In short I just want to know your people's studying methods cause i don't think mine are that effective.

Reaction score
well... u surely must hve read all ur books by now...
da best method i think is dat u do pastpapers... u do dem backwards.. like 2010 den 2009 den 2008 so on...
and dunt wurry if u have to luk at da buk a few times.......
do this and inshAllah ull be fine!

Reaction score
look at the concepts and read the book with full concentration !! then do past papers and then verify your answer through marking Scheme !!

Reaction score
Do the pastpapers with full concentration thats the key to solve many questions in small time!

Reaction score
but only if u have done the topics!!!!!!!!!and if the person solving pastpapers is not sleepy!

Reaction score
if you have more than 3 months to your exams, you can follow the method below.

FIRST METHOD
=============
There are 7 days a week, take 3 days out of it for studying alone, going through text books, notes and tutorials.
for example, you can take 1.5 hours daily on this. out of which you could spend 1 hour purely on studying and next 30 Minuit on solving problems that come with your text book.

So you still have 4 days left in the week. suppose if you took sunday, monday, and tuesday on studying, take the other days purely and solely for solving past papers. have past papers with you, have marking schemes with you. first day try out the multiple choice, next day try the theory question, and the other day, try the practical one. and on the last day of the week, do one complete past paper. (including multiple choice, theory and practicals)
Do remember to consult your teacher or tutor when you find the marking scheme answers strange or misunderstanding.

For example,

Sunday = studying
Monday = studying
Tuesday = studying
Wednesday = October/ november 2010 Paper One (Multiple choice)
Thursday = October/november 2010 Paper Two (Theory Paper)
Friday = October / november 2010 paper Three OR four (Practicals or alternative to practical)
Saturday = May/June 2010 paper One, Paper Two, paper Three/Four

SECOND METHOD
===============
This would help if your exams are very near and you dont have all the time.

Forget reading text books. take your past papers with marking schemes and start out to answer them.
When you come to a question that is difficult, refer to your text books and notes only then. keep on going and check your answers with the marking schemes. and again, if you dont really understand the marking scheme answer, contact your teacher or tutor as soon as possible. You should try to finish One year's past paper with in one week at the minimum rate.
which means you should have finished the Past papers of 2010 (Including May/june and October/November ) with all their modules (paper 1, 2 ,3/4) in just 7 days..

Its important for you to know that the best way to learn is, from your own mistakes. and working with past papers will help you to make mistakes that you wont repeat again in the real exam..

The Final advice is, study well long before exams. its inevitably chaotic if you failed to utilize your time at the beginning..
But, Practice makes perfect. best of luck for your exams..Glory is not in always being able to stand, but glory is in standing up when ever you fall.. Never lose hope.. it takes just a candle to defeat the darkness of one empty room! Try, try, and you will succeed.. indeed, successful people fail, but they just never quit!
Take care!

Reaction score
Preceptor said:
if you have more than 3 months to your exams, you can follow the method below.

FIRST METHOD
=============
There are 7 days a week, take 3 days out of it for studying alone, going through text books, notes and tutorials.
for example, you can take 1.5 hours daily on this. out of which you could spend 1 hour purely on studying and next 30 Minuit on solving problems that come with your text book.

So you still have 4 days left in the week. suppose if you took sunday, monday, and tuesday on studying, take the other days purely and solely for solving past papers. have past papers with you, have marking schemes with you. first day try out the multiple choice, next day try the theory question, and the other day, try the practical one. and on the last day of the week, do one complete past paper. (including multiple choice, theory and practicals)
Do remember to consult your teacher or tutor when you find the marking scheme answers strange or misunderstanding.

For example,

Sunday = studying
Monday = studying
Tuesday = studying
Wednesday = October/ november 2010 Paper One (Multiple choice)
Thursday = October/november 2010 Paper Two (Theory Paper)
Friday = October / november 2010 paper Three OR four (Practicals or alternative to practical)
Saturday = May/June 2010 paper One, Paper Two, paper Three/Four

SECOND METHOD
===============
This would help if your exams are very near and you dont have all the time.

Forget reading text books. take your past papers with marking schemes and start out to answer them.
When you come to a question that is difficult, refer to your text books and notes only then. keep on going and check your answers with the marking schemes. and again, if you dont really understand the marking scheme answer, contact your teacher or tutor as soon as possible. You should try to finish One year's past paper with in one week at the minimum rate.
which means you should have finished the Past papers of 2010 (Including May/june and October/November ) with all their modules (paper 1, 2 ,3/4) in just 7 days..

Its important for you to know that the best way to learn is, from your own mistakes. and working with past papers will help you to make mistakes that you wont repeat again in the real exam..

The Final advice is, study well long before exams. its inevitably chaotic if you failed to utilize your time at the beginning..
But, Practice makes perfect. best of luck for your exams..Glory is not in always being able to stand, but glory is in standing up when ever you fall.. Never lose hope.. it takes just a candle to defeat the darkness of one empty room! Try, try, and you will succeed.. indeed, successful people fail, but they just never quit!
Take care!
brilliant idea!!!!!! keep it up:)

Reaction score
nice tips but they dont have much time !!!!
guys keep ur mind on paper and u can finish whole p1 in one day and do the same with oher papers!

Reaction score
Hey people,thanks for all the advice! =D It's really helping!
Thanks a lot! And good luck to all of you who have exams coming up too=)