• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

History- The 4 mark terms

Reaction score
yeah maximum marks mean that u cannot get maximum mark if u do not explain the statement given even if u explain 10 other reasons

Reaction score
yup exactly guys you r right.In successful walay sawal mein u can even use this like write only success first then failures but dont use this for relations or u would die writing this just use this for Sec 1 and 2 and problems, reforms and Bangla partition thats all after that im not responsible :p :p..

Also please salman or any one make Nibz aware of this dude whose advertising in here Allah knows better what he is trying to advertise .

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
yup exactly guys you r right.In successful walay sawal mein u can even use this like write only success first then failures but dont use this for relations or u would die writing this just use this for Sec 1 and 2 and problems, reforms and Bangla partition thats all after that im not responsible :p :p..

Also please salman or any one make Nibz aware of this dude whose advertising in here Allah knows better what he is trying to advertise .
yup that is easy !! Well I have already P.M Nibz about it !! I too hate this advertizements !! :(

Reaction score
and salman do me a favour that please post up an sample answer to both type of questions!! please thank you!

Reaction score
c. Was the refusal of the use of new British weapons the major cause
behind the revolt? Do you agree or disagree give reasons for your
answer. [14]

The refusal of the use of the new British weapons was the important cause behind the revolt. British had introduced the grease cartilages in 1857 which had to be bitten before loading it into the weapons.The rumour spread in the Indian army that these cartilages were made from the fat of pig and cow.The Indians in the british army refused to accept the new cartilages because pig was considered unlawful in Islam while cow was sacred to Hindus.In March 1957 the Sepoy named Magal Panday was executed as he refused to listen to his British officer in Meerut. The real trouble began in August when most of the British India amry soliders refused to accept these cartilages.They were imprisioned but there fellow soldiers released them and killed every British they saw. Then they marched towards Delhi and Captured it and then the real trouble started.The further factors which caused this rebillion to be inevitable were the fact that British used the Indian army to fight countries outside India. Example can be taken from the British using Indian army to try to install puppet ruler in Afghanistan.It was not at all acceptable for Hindus to leave "Mother India". Furthermore most upper ranks in the army were always given to British and this caused much resentment as the majority of British Indian army consisten of Indians.
However there are also other factors which led to the War of Independence of 1857.The British Introduced policies like Doctrine of Lapse in 1952 which was greatly resented by the Indians.The reform stated that if any Indian died without a legal heir then his lands would be taken by the British but many lands were unfairly taken away from Indians.Furthermore the British also disrespected the Royal Mughal family which had high regards for muslims.
Other reason for the cause of War of Independence lies in the fact that British had imposed high taxes on Indians, especially farmers and if they were unable to pay the tax then their lands were taken away. British had also filled Indian market with cheap mass-produce goods so the Indians found it hard to competite with the goods from Britain and many Indian lost their jobs as their product could not competite in the market.
Therefore in my opinion the refusal to the use of British weapons was the main reason for the cause of Indian revolt.

This one is the type 1 !! I will provide the sample of another one later !!

Reaction score
thanx man i just wanna say that is it neccesary to write so many points?

Reaction score
i believe you have written all the factors of why was the WOI started!!!! please correct me if i am wrong!!

Reaction score
hey salman please answer this question :
what was british alliance system?.......actually my friend asked me this one and i was utterly confused

Reaction score
i think it was that the british made alliances with the locals and this added to their divide and rule policy..... and this helped them to stay longer in india and at times the british used these alliances for personal benefits!!!

Reaction score
yaar its in smith wali book the british made alliances with some rulers like Nizam and Oudh walay rulers and they ruled themselves but British controlled their foreign policy by appointing a man which would do this for them and they also gave them military aid as in the soldiers for their protection and they gave British rent for all this but they were able to rule" only "

Reaction score
yes docterine of paramountacy is in our syllabus and it says dat any area which is misgoverned and so dat area will be confisicated...!!!!
it is NOT same as docterine of lapse...!!!!

Reaction score
it is a little different...........sundalwahid could you please give a complete four marks answer and i need help for a few questions!!
1) What was The Treaty of Sevres? (4)
2) What was Communal Award? (4)

Please Reply Thank You!!!!!!!!1

Reaction score
plz help me how can i find notes b/c when i try to find history notes different pages open (for o-level )

Reaction score
You might not always get WHAT or WHO questions as a 4 mark question. For e.g. take a look at this one:
Describe the battle of plassey.