• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did your Economics paper 2 went? 24 hrs have passed

Reaction score
I was xpecting an easy one but the paper turned out to be quite difficult! Considering the level if difficulty mine went pretty well! I did question 1 2 4 Nd 5!
First question was not so easy......
i did one on commercial banks, conflict of objectives and basic economic prob

got some problem on how to encourage savings
and when it asks 'to what extent does low inflation conflict with full employment....' i didn't really know what to write....

Reaction score
Did someone did that question about differences in earning b/w pvt and public sector..??
it was of 10 marks.. wat was actual answer to be written in dat question....??

Reaction score
I did that question! Lol the question stated to analyse! So I gave a complete analysis of different objectives of public Nd private sector which then leads to a difference in wages!

Reaction score
Did someone did that question about differences in earning b/w pvt and public sector..??

i wrote a bit about demand and supply, a bit on how private sector is motivated by profit and therefore greater demand for labour
and in public sector, there is more security of work, more fringe benefits and therefore a greater supply

Reaction score
i didn't even knew what was on that one.. actually there wasn't enough on this topic in books.

Reaction score
well i did the first question making sure to completely use the case reference in it. then question 2., the 5 (monoply one) and 7 th one..i have studied for it like crazily since exact 24th october last year. (after my previous cie) and it deffinately paid off. i wrote some good answers. all problem i faced was that i did first question in 45 min. 2nd in next 30 min 3rd in next 25 min and last one in like 15 min. my writing was a dump thing.. and the exchange rate question was what i left explainig a basic concept in,. that i later added as extension. and managed to put in right place at just last moment.. it was horrifying

Reaction score
^^ how did your paper went.
well i did the questions disorderly
first numb 2 - Basic economic problem etc - easy one
then numb 6 - conflict of objectives - here i lagged a bit but managed all questions
then numb 4 i think - commercial banks - did it alright... just some doubts on 'how to encourage savings?'
finally within 20 minutes had to rush through 1st question - now some serious problems but overall was ok

some more time would have definitely helped but let's hope for the best

Gud luck for your other exams!!! (y)

Reaction score
well i did the questions disorderly
first numb 2 - Basic economic problem etc - easy one
then numb 6 - conflict of objectives - here i lagged a bit but managed all questions
then numb 4 i think - commercial banks - did it alright... just some doubts on 'how to encourage savings?'
finally within 20 minutes had to rush through 1st question - now some serious problems but overall was ok

some more time would have definitely helped but let's hope for the best

Gud luck for your other exams!!! (y)

mine is business now.

yeah time was lacking.. i hear some kids talking. saying paper was unexpected and hard.. and one of him said that he did the highway question on his common sense( other told him that it was railway.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::confused::D f you know what i mean) a girl made a disappointing gesture when her siter asked her about paper.. what were your friends' remarks? plz le know?

Reaction score
Hopefully I did well in all the questions!! But I'm a bit worried abt question no 4. Which was abt encouraging savings Nd differences in wages!! My other friend were also quite happy wid their attempts!

Reaction score
mine is business now.

yeah time was lacking.. i hear some kids talking. saying paper was unexpected and hard.. and one of him said that he did the highway question on his common sense( other told him that it was railway.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::confused::D f you know what i mean) a girl made a disappointing gesture when her siter asked her about paper.. what were your friends' remarks? plz le know?
In my case its cometely different
Many came out boasting about assured A* o_O

Really worried but gotta move on now
Lit in Eng next for me. Off to read poems :(

Reaction score
Hopefully I did well in all the questions!! But I'm a bit worried abt question no 4. Which was abt encouraging savings Nd differences in wages!! My other friend were also quite happy wid their attempts!
Did the same me too

Worried about savings one....
Not possible to give 6pts only for interest rates.... Surely should have mentioned other things but what?

Reaction score
Well I mentioned financial advice, advertising such schemes, fixed deposit Nd profit and loss accounts Nd increasing interest rate! Hopefully these points will get me the six marks!