• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to attempt Pakistan Studies 4, 7 and 14 mark questions?

Reaction score
aoa
1. please tell how many reasons do we have to five in 14 and 7 marks queations
2. a queastion regarding succcess and faiures how do we have to paragraph it
3. paragraphing

Reaction score
Both ways are fine....u just have to deliver the right matter.(paragraphing is important)
You should use both of the approaches are well, but for betterment you can just follow both of the approaches in one... like you can just state a simplistic statement in the start of the first para ... like, It had not brought any importance to people of subcontinent...,and the simplistic statement... and furthermore the main point fully described in the first para and the next in 2nd and another in 3rd para. At last you can conclude, Hope that it can help you!

Reaction score
The checking is done on the basis of marking scheme which is:

Question a [ 4 marks ]
It is a short factual answer to specific question. Every correct statement is rewarded with 1 mark. 2 marks can be rewarded for a developed statement. ( 1 mark x4)

Question b [ 7 marks ]
Level marking is done in 7 marks question. Level 1 is the lowest level and level 3 is the highest level.

Level 1: Simplistic statement: [ 1mark ]
level 2: Identifies reasons: [ 2-4 mark ]
level 3: Explains reasons: [ 5-7 mark ]

Question c [ 14 marks ]
It is essay question.

Level 1: Simplistic statement [ 1-2 marks ]
Level 2: Description of reasons [ 3-6 marks ]
Level 3: Explain one reason ( Given in Question ) [ 7 marks ]
Level 4: Explain 2nd , 3rd , 4th , 5th and 6th reason [ 9 - 13 marks ]
Level 5: Judgement or evaluation in the end [14 marks ]

Things Must To Keep In Mind
  • 4 reasons only to be identified in 4 marks question no need of further explanation this will waste time and space.
  • 3 reasons to be explained in 7 marks question each in different paragraph. Firstly identification of reason then facts and finally analysis like this three reasons to be explained.
  • No judgement needed in 7 marks question.
  • 7 reasons to be explained in 14 marks question with different paragraph for each and judgement is to be given in the paragraph in a separate paragraph.
  • identification of reasons in 4 marks question is to be related with the source.
  • Past paper practice is a must to do before going to the exam in order to practice to finish your paper on time.

Reaction score
Hey guys can you please answer the following questions:
1. Is it correct that for a 4 mark answer you need 4 points, 7 mark answer is three levels the first level is a simplistic statement, second level is either background or identification of points/reasons and level 3 is explanation of these points/reasons and conclusion. And 14 mark has five levels: level one is simplistic statement, level two is background, level 3 is identification of reasons, level four is explanation and level five is conclusion? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Give me extra tips to achieve A* please!

3. Are you supposed to highlight important points in your answer by underlining them?

4. I'm studying for Nigel Kelly's book and also Farooq Bajwa's. Is this enough?

5. The igcse Pak studies syllabus does not include the Mughal Empire or anything before the decline and fall of the empire right?

6. Which should I pay most attention to? Section 1, 2 or 3?

7. Any extra tips please.

Please help me especially in number 1! Thank you. :)
You are totally correct but do not learn from Nigel Kelly's book because it is not recommended by Cambridge.

Reaction score
Hey bro can you please give a simple statement on the 14 mark question of religious thinkers

Reaction score
Can you give an example of a simplistic statement(e.g regarding the religious thinkers of Islam).

Reaction score
Can you give an example of a simplistic statement(e.g regarding the religious thinkers of Islam).
A simplistic statement simply refers to setting up the base for your reasons to answer the 14 mark question. For example, if the question is about the contribution of religious thinkers to Pakistan movement, you would start with an introduction, then divide the contributions in paragraphs, typically the most important ones first. You would start each paragraph with a relevant contribution (topic statement for that para) and then elaborate it further, adding any relevant matter (effect, consequences etc). Then start another paragraph with the topic sentence of another contribution and go on. You should not write more than 10-12 lines in a paragraph.
Try to divide your complete answer in intro (1-2 marks) including a little background ( like where a religious leader was born, his name, how he received his early education etc), then 5-7 paras with contributions, each starting with a hook (topic sentence of a para) (7-8 marks), then finally a proper and convining conclusion (3-4 marks) which must include judgdment, overall evaluation and a concluding sentence.
Using this guideline, you can surely expect at least 12-13 marks out of 14, with 1 mark for clear communication, vocabulary and good use of English Language.

Reaction score
Hey guys can you please answer the following questions:
1. Is it correct that for a 4 mark answer you need 4 points, 7 mark answer is three levels the first level is a simplistic statement, second level is either background or identification of points/reasons and level 3 is explanation of these points/reasons and conclusion. And 14 mark has five levels: level one is simplistic statement, level two is background, level 3 is identification of reasons, level four is explanation and level five is conclusion? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Give me extra tips to achieve A* please!

3. Are you supposed to highlight important points in your answer by underlining them?

4. I'm studying for Nigel Kelly's book and also Farooq Bajwa's. Is this enough?

5. The igcse Pak studies syllabus does not include the Mughal Empire or anything before the decline and fall of the empire right?

6. Which should I pay most attention to? Section 1, 2 or 3?

7. Any extra tips please.

Please help me especially in number 1! Thank you. :)

Reaction score
1. Reason:
British blamed the Muslims for the uprising in India.
Literacy rate was decreasing say by day.
2. Effect:
Muslims were not given important posts.
Lack of job opportunities.
3. How:
Wrote a book "Loyal Mohammadans of India".
Made them realise the importance of foreign education.
4. Importance(not necessary).

Please inform me if I have made any mistake there.

Reaction score
This question is not present in even past papers till 2005 for fourteen marks. Moreover sir syeds contributions could be asked but not their reasons. As much as I know.
But still if your not satisfied you may find it in past papers below 2005.

Reaction score
You are correct about....nearly everything :)
The levels are not about HOW u should write(a common misconception).Levels actually show how many marks would u get if u wrote upto that particular level.....like if u only wrote the simplistic statement and left the rest...you will get 1 mark, just like this if you continued your answer upto reasons u'll get more marks, get it?? :)
So in a 4 marks question try to write atleast 4 valid points or more....I would recommend 5 (keep 1 for any error u might make in that question).
For 7 marks.....you already know everything :)
For 14 marks the main levels are the simplistic statement, background(not too long),reasons(no need to identify reasons and explain them in different paragraphs) and the judgement(not more than 3 lines).
Follow these ^ and you'll Insha Allah Ace it ;)
How many pages should be covered for the 7 marks question?